Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Christmas/Women's Christmas

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭sporina

never heard of this till i moved to Cork but I believe that it was a tradition all over Ireland back in the day - seems to be celebrated only/mostly in Cork/Kerry now - I wonder why it faded in other counties - thats if it was ever celebrated elsewhere?

I might do something for it next year - didn't think of it this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I'd always known about Little christmas but none of my friends did , we live in Dublin,
    It was my mam who always talked about 'little christmas' and she's from waterford, so Id say its definitely a munster thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Always was a day of note in Louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

Zaph wrote: »
    Never heard of it until I met my wife, who's from Cork. I assume it's a Cork/Munster thing. It definitely doesn't exist in Dublin anyway.

My Family is from Dublin and we always celebrated this... my Dad and brothers would do dinner and all the cleaning and the Christmas tree would come down. Definitely does exist in Dublin!

Advertisement