Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair - New reserved seating structure(s)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Mr rebel wrote: »
    Nice one, and as you had a priority seat were you allowed to board first too?

I was glad we boarded at all... 5 hours delay... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,948 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Kolido wrote: »
    Normally I would be against changing the nomination proceedure, but I quite like this nomination task.

Sue and Simone clearly don't know how to play the BB game, I guess they just want their 15 mins of fame on the outside.

Izzy annoys me when shes making a mess with the food, but can't fault her otherwise, she speaks up when needed and gets her point across without shouting, I would like to see her win.

I'm guessing wrong thread? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I wonder do people who don't pre-book seats get offered the priority seats too (row 1-6) or are they always automatically closed off from the random free seating system?

I got the aisle seat in an emergency row coming back on BRS-DUB a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

3 euro is a bloody bargain in comparison to some airlines.

If your plane lands at 23:00 and you miss the 00:20 bus, you are doing something wrong.

Probably the last flight of the day for that aircraft so the chances of being on time are no better than 50:50. The outward flight boarded on time but departed 30 mins late.

There's another thread on here about immigration control at Dublin airport, appears something like 20 flights into the airport between 22:00 and midnight.

As you say I should be ok but .....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057743153

As for price of seats, yes agree, but RY - to get us used to the idea- are offering them at 'sale' prices, if you book them at booking stage only, and the €3 applies to rows 24-28 only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

had a flight this morning, with random seat checkin 2 hours before flight. got 17A seat without priority boarding

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Mr rebel wrote:

Afaik those seats don't entitle you to free priority boarding anymore. PB has to be purchased separately. It comes 'free' with flex and business fares though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Flew to / from Poland last week (into Krakow, out of Katowice) - and flights to Poland always have lots of families and kids. Not many for priority either way, no issues with seat allocations for families, with kids over 12, no messing around with seat swops etc...for a flight full of contrary Poles, it all went well!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I had not pre booked a seat, and was assigned 5D on a flight from London to Dublin last weekend. I did not get priority boarding with that seat. My understanding is you need to purchase priority boarding if you haven't paid for your priority seat.

When I boarded, there was someone in my seat who didn't know what her seat number was, but that's another story :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

two flights with them recently

both of us separated
    I was in rows 5 and 6
    she was in 16 and 23

complete joke
    once the seatbelt sign went off half the plane got up and changed seats!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

This was covered on Joe Duffy today, spokesman for Ryanair could not deny they purpously split up groups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

It's like the cinema... book first then you get to choose... wait and ya take what ya get.

I remember I booked cinema seats weeks in advance to be with family in the spot I wanted. When I got there, this wan with her 3 teenage kids were in my seats. Usual ... so got the manager and got them to move... yed sware twas like Sophies Choice when she had to move.

If you don't want to pay for allicated or you book late then why should you get to choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Locker10a wrote: »
    This was covered on Joe Duffy today, spokesman for Ryanair could not deny they purpously split up groups

There was also a follow-up article on the Irish Times last week, not with vey pleasant comment on the Facebook page of the IT article.

I still stand by what I said in June:
    Bob24 wrote: »
    Give it a few months and they'll get rid of this once they realise they are losing more money from it than they are making.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'm trying to add sit together to my ticket on the app but it just keeps giving an error.

Might just have to take my chances but traveling with Jimmy junior and would prefer not to have to be split up.

Would be glad to if it was the Mrs as I would not be used as a pillow the whole flight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

If I check into a flight and see what seat im allocated can I still choose to purchase a different one?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Gamebred wrote: »
    If I check into a flight and see what seat im allocated can I still choose to purchase a different one?

Nope.

ED E wrote: »
    Nope.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Ryanair will happily relocate you for a fee.

To an airport nowhere near where you want to go.

Even send you an email asking you if you are happy with your seat. This however can cause some bewilderment and amusement.

On a recent flight I bought two seats. Row 25 C and D.

Shortly after I got an email asking me about my happiness with the seats I got. So I made two dummy bookings on the same flight, and lo and behold there wasn't two seats left together left. But it was nice that they were concerned. ( I consider c and d together)

• Advertisement

lc180 wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply.

Did you happen to get a window or aisle seat or where you auto-allocated a dreaded middle seat?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

To an airport nowhere near where you want to go.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Gamebred wrote: »

If there is a free seat beside you they will usually try to flog you a change in seat, however this can work out expensive if you've been allocated a seat at the front for example. You're usually better off going in to 'manage my booking' and picking the cheapest two seats you can find together and paying for those, then do the check in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Murt10

There are 6 seats in a row on a Ryanair plane.

Seats B and e are the middle seats. These are the most uncomfortable, with less elbow and leg room than the two on either side.

I would be prepared to pay a couple of euros not to be stuck in the middle seat.

people are prepared to pay extra for the extra legroom on the emergency exit seats, so what's the difference?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

ED E wrote: »
    Nope.

Incorrect.

I just did this this morning for the mother in law,
    she was assigned a middle seat, I printed the boarding card,
    and then went back in, bought an aisle seat (along with priority boarding), and printed a new boarding card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Glad to see more coverage of the issue on the media. But I don't see anything particularly interesting which hasn't been mentioned on the thread already in this particular piece?

The advice she gives in the last paragraph is out of place for a national paper I find (mind you I might have done that myself before, but wouldn't print it in the paper).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Paywalled so you have to spend a euro to find out how to save two. (Luckily there's a workaround for that, which I'm sure Una Mullally would approve of using)

So her solutions are wait until the last minute, which obviously won't work if everyone does it, and she seems to think she's the only person who's come up with that. Or refuse to obey the instructions of the cabin crew, which isn't going to end well. And again, isn't going to work if everyone does it.
    It's hilarious the hoops people will jump through to avoid spending 2 quid.

• Advertisement

On my flight home tomorrow evening the following are still available

14 window, 4 aisle and 2 middle

4 aisle - 1c, 2c, 16c and 17c - all 'premium'

2 middle- 2e and 17e - both 'premium'

Whoever gets 17e might have all 3 seats to themselves

Whoever got 16b and 16e and 17b have premium rows to themselves - free as I checked this morning and there was nobody at all in rows 16 and 17.

The window seats are all over the shop from 4a to 33f and include 16a and 16f, 17a and 17f - all premium . At this stage looks like if you don't book a cheap seat when booking that late checkin is the way to go.

It's the 20;00 from faro if anyone else checks later.

Advertisement