Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 10 Most Anticipated Games 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

No particular order:-

Wasteland 2 - beta feedback suggests this is too casual orientated but fingers crossed will still come good
    Divinity: Original Sin - very positive feedback from alpha release
    Dragon Age: Inquisition - hoping they learned a few lessons
    Witcher 3 - despite the open world move they sound confident and I believe they can do it
    Might and Magic X - proper old school first person party adventuring
    Age of Decadence - this looks like a really excellent indie rpg with depth. Tempted to buy early access having read so much positive stuff about it
    Torment: Tides of Numenera - may be 2015
    Pillars of Eternity - may be 2015
    Unnanounced Piranha Bytes game - Risen 3 presumably but they do have the Gothic rights again, may be 2015

I was given access to the Wasteland 2 beta and Divinity: Original Sin alpha but would rather wait until they are finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

returnNull wrote: »
    Really looking forward to Titanfall.
    2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    In no order

Titanfall
    You know what is really really shocking? No one said Titanfall yet! I got back little bit respect to human kind.
    :P;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Left 4 Dead 3... they've announced and released games inside a year. There's been bits of leaks over the past year saying it's in development - with the new consoles and steamboxes, hopefully their new engine is well underway and fingers crossed for it nearly being finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

The only ones that I have my eye on at the moment are:
    The Walking Dead: Season 2
    Thief

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Monotype wrote: »
    Left 4 Dead 3... they've announced and released games inside a year. There's been bits of leaks over the past year saying it's in development - with the new consoles and steamboxes, hopefully their new engine is well underway and fingers crossed for it nearly being finished.

Valve can't count to 3.:pac: Their potential next 5 releases all have 3 in the title. HL2:Ep3, HL3, L4D3, Portal 3 and TF3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

€30/€40 is alot for a game thats purpose is to set up the main game. Heres hoping its some what long. Imagine if it was only 5 hours long?! :eek: ... be a rip off.

The lads at IGN think it will be a rip-off and no more than a glorified demo. Konami stuck for money according to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Bayonetta 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

MarioKart8, South Park (a little sceptical after the delay), Watch Dogs (extremely sceptical after the delay), Yoshi's New Island (love the original, just hyped for 3ds in general after an amazing year), Dark Souls 2.

Funny how nobody ever says the next COD or FIFA, but they sell like hotcakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Titanfall is going to be a big fat disappointment, hope I'm wrong.

Could 2014 be the year you get to buy an Oculus Rift? That's what I'm mostly looking forward to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Monotype wrote: »

Yeah L4D3 for me too. Played 2 to death and would really love a new engine, new mechanics, maybe something involving barricading doors and windows to buy you time, smart use of the environments etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Thargor wrote: »

It'll depend on your expectations. Honestly, i think it'll probably be decent but I can't see it living up to the hype. Maybe it'll surprise me, but right now im expecting call of duty with robots and double jumps. If i was still into console shooters i'd be far more exited about destiny.

The fact that they're both going to be available on last gen consoles doesn't fill me with hope that they'll be "Zomg Next level !" tho.

For me.. The Witcher 3, The Division and Dark souls 2 are the games i'm looking forward to most. Hopefully a new game by Valve is at least announced tho ! (Just don't be L4D 3 tho...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Radiosonde wrote: »
    MarioKart8, South Park (a little sceptical after the delay), Watch Dogs (extremely sceptical after the delay), Yoshi's New Island (love the original, just hyped for 3ds in general after an amazing year), Dark Souls 2.
    I liked the look of the new Kirby 3DS title on the last direct but I nearly hope Ninty slows down with the 3DS(my backlog is huge & I didn't buy half the games I wanted for it in 2013). Layton vs Phoenix Wright I have been waiting for that for a while.
    Thargor wrote: »

Think some people hate the fact it is an EA title & MS console exclusive more than the game itself. Always looked good to me when shown for an FPS anyway. I'm sure a nice chunk of Infinity Ward know what they are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I am very excited for Pillars of Eternity, assuming it doesn't get delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

For me

Watch Dogs
    The Witcher 3
    Pillars of Eternity

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Mario Kart 8 - MKWii disappointed me slightly but I have high hopes for this one
    Smash Bros - Cannot Wait!
    Watch Dogs - Looks better every time I see it
    Titanfall - Just need to decided on which platform to buy it for
    Tales from the Borderlands- Love that world
    inFamous Second Son - Will probably be the game that makes me jump to next gen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Do you not worry that Watch Dogs is going to turn out to be an Assassins Creed reskin, with a main story mode involving the hacking business and the rest padded out with following people and fetch quests?
    Smash Bros and Mario Kart look superb, Titanfall I want but I just hope there's enough there for me as I don't play online at all, fingers crossed there's a persistent campaign I can drop in and out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Do you not worry that Watch Dogs is going to turn out to be an Assassins Creed reskin, with a main story mode involving the hacking business and the rest padded out with following people and fetch quests?
    Smash Bros and Mario Kart look superb, Titanfall I want but I just hope there's enough there for me as I don't play online at all, fingers crossed there's a persistent campaign I can drop in and out of.

I thought the same about Watch Dogs. Having only played the first Assassin's Creed, the gameplay of Watch Dogs looked familiar in parts. But I suppose AC started out as a Prince of Persia game before beoming its own thing, so the same could happen for Watch Dogs.

As for Titanfall, I think it's online only/multiplayer with no single player campaign, which is why I have no interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I fully expect people will say that when it comes out. What I wonder right now is will such critiques be justified? People love to look at any new game and say oh, that new game is a mix of ________ and __________ and I suppose I can see where they come from. But sometimes I have to squint to see it, and when I do, it isn't really that big a deal to me, y'know?

I don't have a clue how good the game will be. I don't expect it to be 'the one to make me buy next gen' but I *do* expect it will be worth a run when I do. Especially if it turns out to be quite cheap when I get it. Also, I expect it will be iterative. I mean, compare Assassin's Creed to the sequel. They did a great job. I haven't played Black Flag yet, but in iterations I thought they were doing great until AC3. That was a step backwards. Look at me, already thinking Watch Dogs 2 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Watchdogs and possibly Elder scrolls online....thought not sure of the latter.

Interested in inFamous having loved the first two, but not sure I will have a PS4 next year with other priorities taking precedence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Watchdogs will end up selling 8-10 million copies, ubisoft call it a success then slowly but surely kill the franchise for me by bringing out yearly installments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

If the side missions in Watchdogs are like the radiant quests in Skyrim I'll be happy. My problem with open world games recently seems that I finish them and have nothing left to do.

If I am still able to chase criminals and intervene in crimes when all the main stuff is done like you can in Skyrim then wahey for me. My maxed out characters need entertainment too you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

If the side missions in Watchdogs are like the radiant quests in Skyrim I'll be happy. My problem with open world games recently seems that I finish them and have nothing left to do.
    You mean like the repetitiveness of the Dark Brotherhood stuff that goes on forever? I could do without that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Pushtrak wrote: »
    You mean like the repetitiveness of the Dark Brotherhood stuff that goes on forever? I could do without that.

If they were "like" radiant quests not copied :p Yeah that got quite bad admittedly.

They are saying though that once you intervene in a side event it is mostly random, the person might call for backup, run, try and fight, steal a car, whatever. Having a game 100% usually the only option left is to start a new game, I would like if you could continue on in some way.

I am explaining myself quite badly but you might get the gist of it. Hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not holding out much hope for watch dogs myself, initially it looked great but once they missed the launch date I started to worry though at least they had the stones to delay it instead of releasing a broken mess like Battlefield 4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

It looked good when they revealed it... the more i've seen of it the less impressive its been tho imo. At this point it just looks like another average city sandbox game, teh graphics aren't even that good compared to other games being released soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pogmothone

Really looking forward to Timesplitters rewind, If it ever happens . https://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fiesta111

HALF LIFE 3 It's coming! "I can feel it with every tumor"- Zachary Hale Comstock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm mainly looking forward to getting a console back in the summer, but between now and then, Yoshis New Island is the main draw for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Not really my most anticipated but I'm quietly looking forward to how Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation pan out. In particular the former.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Not a huge amount I'm looking forwar to, main ones are

1. Witcher 3 (hope my laptop will be able to cope)
    2. Star Citizen
    3. Dragon Age 3

I'll also be keeping a close eye on Alien:Isolation.
    From what I've seen so far, it could be an interesting game.

Advertisement