Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 10 Most Anticipated Games 2014

Options
  • 29-12-2013 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

while 2013 draws ever closer to a close 2014 seems like to me its going to be the best year for games since 2007. I thought it be cool to hear peoples most anticipated games for 2014.

10.Infamous Second Son: I was a fan of the first two games and second son looks to be a different breed altogether truly utilising the ps4 hardware so early in its lifecycle, I question its release date so close to south park and dark souls 2 but other than that its looking to be a solid title.

9.WatchDogs: Disappointed it got delayed a full year but the studio wanting to prove an already outstanding looking game from what we seen from e3 watchdogs may suit a better purpose on the new gen to truly show it strengths.

8.South Park: This looks like everything we wanted to see from a south park game over the years. The writing will be superb with no doubts having the creators writing the script and the gameplay will be awesome being developed by a solid developer.

7.Destiny: I never truly had the pleasure of playing halo but with bungie making this you always have to keep your eye out on what they make. some people wrote it off as a mmo borderlands but It seems to be doing enough new things we have seen from last gen with fps genre really just being saturated and bland as the years went on imo.

6.The Division: This looks so amazing , that's all I can really say , hope it carries on in this direction till release.

5.Metal Gear Solid Ground Zero: Needs no introduction nor explaining why its on my list.

4.The Order:1886 I know we have seen nothing of its gameplay yet bar a sgi trailer but the premise and setting is awesome but I have it down due to the developer behind it ready at dawn. they made prob alongside gow 1 and 2 the 2 best gow titles and really gives it a run for its money. what they achieved on the psp performance and gameplay wise is outstanding , cannot wait to see what they can do on the ps4.

3.The Evil Within: The man who gave birth to resident evil and this is his way to bring back horror back to once it was , looks great :D.

2.Shin Megami Tensei 4 : It would have been out for a year by the time it comes to europe but I be a fool not to have it on my list.

1.Dark Souls 2 Life ends here as I will return back into my mancave :L

feel free to add yours if you wish :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

A couple I'm looking forward to

large.jpg

Not sure if these 2 are coming out next year

Uncharted+4+release+date.jpg

31623_the_last_guardian-print.jpg

Actually looking forward to E3 the most

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RasTa wrote: »
    31623_the_last_guardian-print.jpg

You might be waiting a while.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You might be waiting a while.

Already waiting 8 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Really looking forward to Titanfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is Uncharted 4 coming out next year? Good stuff.

Looking forward to the new MGS games. (Is there two? I'm still not sure. Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain?)

Also can't wait to get my gaming ass kicked again in Dark Souls 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is Uncharted 4 coming out next year? Good stuff.

Looking forward to the new MGS games. (Is there two? I'm still not sure. Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain?)

Also can't wait to get my gaming ass kicked again in Dark Souls 2.

Yeah. Looking forward to MGS too.
    Ground Zeros comes out in March - a prologue to the phantom pain. Lets hope its not just a paid glorified demo like Dead Rising 2 'Case 0' was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Thief - out around Feb 2014.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cant believe no ones mentioned the witcher 3 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Yeah. Looking forward to MGS too.
    Ground Zeros comes out in March - a prologue to the phantom pain. Lets hope its not just a paid glorified demo like Dead Rising 2 'Case 0' was.

Case 0 was cheap at least Ground Zeroes is €30/40.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

EA Sports UFC. Cannot wait! Just hope the new EA Ignite engine works well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

A fully working version of Battlefield 4 ....wah wah wah

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Destiny, on whatever format I own that'll run it.
    Also, I hear Rockstar may have a Red Dead followup in the works, and since that was one of my favourite games of the last gen, I'll be all over the next one.
    Dark Souls II of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

In no order

Evil Within
    Titanfall
    Dying Light
    Destiny
    Halo 5
    The Division
    The Witcher 3
    Dark Souls 2
    Watch Dogs
    Phantom Pain

great year to be a gamer (if they all get released in that year :L)
    Having a feeling their will be 2-3 in my list that will be delayed, like the division, phantom pain and probably the witcher
    hopefully not

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Persona 5 - it gave me the ultimate excuse to not sell my PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At the moment I think the main games I'm looking forward to are Mario kart 8, Donkey Kong and maybe Watch Dogs. I've no interest in rpgs or online only games.

Only ps4/Xbox one game I'm interested in is infamous so won't be getting either of those anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Screw that! If Rasta can say *The Last Guardian I'm saying *Half Life 3! :P

*Bannable Offence

Also adding

Shen-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

GTR63 wrote: »
    Case 0 was cheap at least Ground Zeroes is €30/40.

€30/€40 is alot for a game thats purpose is to set up the main game. Heres hoping its some what long. Imagine if it was only 5 hours long?! :eek: ... be a rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

€30/€40 is alot for a game thats purpose is to set up the main game. Heres hoping its some what long. Imagine if it was only 5 hours long?! :eek: ... be a rip off.

It is alrite but if a game has UGH console exclusive missions it'll surely have to be substantial game. The fact its cross gen makes me worry about what they'll do with the current gen (360/PS3) one.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Dark Souls 2, everything else is just something to play between replaying that :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

krudler wrote: »
    Dark Souls 2, everything else is just something to play between replaying that :pac:

Only 75 sleeps until Dark Souls 2 ..... had to get a "sleeps till" post in here somewhere :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

"Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void" is the only thing that springs to mind. I don't really follow game development any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

- Next episodes of The Wolf Among Us
    - Next episodes of The Walking Dead
    - Telltale's Game of Thrones if released in 2014
    - South Park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Forgot The Walking Dead and Southpark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Metal Gear Solid 5 (I'm hoping Phantom Pain gets released too during 2014)
    X
    Bayonetta 2
    Torment: Tides of Numenara
    The Walking Dead season 2
    Watch Dogs
    D4
    Tales of Xillia 2
    Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
    Dragon Age 3 (Cautious optimism really. Hope they can improve on DA2 by a lot.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

RasTa wrote: »
    Also adding

Shen-2.jpg

I think that's a hoax.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

dark souls 2

witcher 3 I guess although I really dont like the elder scrollsy direction they appear to be taking things in.

other than those two... not all that pushed about anything else really

--edit

ooh, i forgot tropico 5

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You know what is really really shocking? No one said Titanfall yet! I got back little bit respect to human kind.

For me:

Witcher 3
    Dark souls 2
    South park game
    Division

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

SeantheMan wrote: »
    - Next episodes of The Wolf Among Us
    - Next episodes of The Walking Dead
    - Telltale's Game of Thrones if released in 2014
    - South Park

The first episode of The wolf among us is still sitting on my hardrive. Really should play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

That's it, really. Returns ranks as my favourite DKC game, so even if this is a glorified DLC pack, it'll be a goody. Between that, and Super Luigi U, I got my challenge looked after for the first couple of months of 2014.

Probably try and get a Z-axis lumped there at some stage too, but it'll most likely be a Gamecube game: Wario World, Twlight Princess or Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

Advertisement