Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SANDISK Cruzer Blade USB key - 32 GB €14.14 delivered

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

I'd spend an extra €5 and go for a USB 3.0 version (assuming you have the hardware), Irish supplier too:

http://www.memoryc.ie/products/description/32GB_Transcend_JetFlash_760_Super_Speed_USB3_0_Flash_Drive-Black_Purple_/index.html

At these capacities, I think write speeds become more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Anything wrong with them?

This is what i found on the shipping:

Ah no .. I used them before.. just you wanted one fulfilled by Amazon :)

I'm based in Germany btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Any reason people seem to be avoiding these?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DIRSZKE/ref=pe_385721_37038051_TE_3p_dp_1

About a fiver more expensive than the OP, half the size and USB3. I've just ordered two.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I ordered a SanDisk 32GB Cruzer Switch off MyMemory for around €14 (paid in sterling) and used the BT11AA trick to get free postage

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/SanDisk/SanDisk-32GB-Cruzer-Switch-USB-Flash-Drive--Includes-SecureAccess-Software

Judging by the reviews on Amazon it's faster than the Blade, but I haven't tested the difference myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

you wouldnt believe how slow these are so avoid if using regularly
    worth waiting for a better option or paying a few
    quid extra for something faster

mine cracked also just having it in my pocket with spare change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Is there a usb version of the AA? USB anonymous? I just keep buying them and I don't even need them. As soon as someone posts a link i just buy it.. Its getting scary :D:D

UnwantedStickBought comes to mind :D

That was my second choice as it was sold out in a few other places as well, but when i was using google translate on the site, i did come across a lot of good reviews especially on speed, kinda made up my mind.

Read:30MB/s
    Write: 20MB/s
    b318isp wrote: »
    I'd spend an extra €5 and go for a USB 3.0 version (assuming you have the hardware), Irish supplier too:

http://www.memoryc.ie/products/description/32GB_Transcend_JetFlash_760_Super_Speed_USB3_0_Flash_Drive-Black_Purple_/index.html

At these capacities, I think write speeds become more important.

Yeah i've used them before, I saw that one a while back & was told by the online chat that unless you have the system it wont get any quicker, even though i use a USB3.0 ext hard disk, so was undecided after that?
    Ah no .. I used them before.. just you wanted one fulfilled by Amazon :)

I'm based in Germany btw.

That was until i learned that they dont have free delivery over a certain amount, as you still pay P+P. Cheers, as i got the first one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ChoppersX

Integral 32Gb USB 3.0 Works out around €17.50. I got one of these on the cheap last year, really decent read and write speeds (Read speed up to 80MB/s*, and a Write speed up to 10MB/s)

I'm not sure if it is available for super saver but well worth the extra 3 euro if you can get the free delivery.

I'd just use BT11AA for anything small like this that doesn't qualify for Super Saver... I've ordered over 100 items using this, and have never had problems

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'd just use BT11AA for anything small like this that doesn't qualify for Super Saver... I've ordered over 100 items using this, and have never had problems

I never thought of that, worth a punt the next time. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

ChoppersX wrote: »
    Integral 32Gb USB 3.0 Works out around €17.50. I got one of these on the cheap last year, really decent read and write speeds (Read speed up to 80MB/s*, and a Write speed up to 10MB/s)

I'm not sure if it is available for super saver but well worth the extra 3 euro if you can get the free delivery.

the reviews don't look good on that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Might be an idea to put "WARNING PIXMANIA" in any BA thread title where they are vendor.

- Save folks the disappointment on opening thread.

No offense OP & thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

mrcheez wrote: »

Ordered maybe 5 things using this method - never anything more than 20 pounds as its kinda unreliable - takes a few days longer and usually arrives with handwritten corrections in biro made by various postmen on the label.

one parcel I ordered last year never arrived - so 80% success rate for me.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    Ordered maybe 5 things using this method - never anything more than 20 pounds as its kinda unreliable - takes a few days longer and usually arrives with handwritten corrections in biro made by various postmen on the label.

one parcel I ordered last year never arrived - so 80% success rate for me.

Yeah I only use it for relatively small items (i.e. smaller than an A4 book)... also nothing more than €20 so if it does get lost you won't be too badly off.

€20 is fairly close to the £25 that qualifies you for free delivery so if I go above €20 I usually throw in a few other items to qualify for free delivery.

Advertisement