Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2014 In Between Grand Slam Thread

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Jamie Hampton won't be able to return until April at the earliest. Jesus.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Fissette and Keys end their partnership after only a few days. Keys will still be coached by Davenport, plus her husband Jon Leach. I think the first arrangement would have been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

^ Quite early to end the partnership but I suppose if you know it won't work, then that's that. Sneaky suspicion Keys might regret it though. I doubt Wim will be unemployed for long....someone will snap him up!

Bad news about Jamie. She is having a rough time of it!

Many, many empty seats at the tennis in Dubai!! Wonder will organisers come back next season.

According to Bhupathi, 4 cities are interested in hosting teams in 2015 but they can only sign 2. Could dump Dubai if numbers don't improve.

I see mumblings on Twitter of Delpo having pain in his wrist again.

• Advertisement

^ Would be a disaster for Delpo!! I'm really looking forward to his return. He's too good a player to have one Grand Slam imo. Hope it's just speculation.

Agreed, but I fear it's all he'll ever win. Would have been fascinating to see how many he'd have won without the wrist troubles. I reckon he'd have at least two.

Ah ffs!! Hope to God it isn't true. Bad enough that BT have the majority of the big rugby matches.

This would be a huge blow to BBC. I wonder how much BT are offering to have split rights.....

I highly doubt the BBC will allow it to happen

• Advertisement

I hope they tell BT to take a hike!

Daniela Hantuchova is after getting Carlos Rodriguez as her new coach. Sounds like she wants one last push before it's all over.

Veeeerrry interesting that one! I wouldn't be surprised if Daniela retired after the 2015 season. I've a vivid image of her crying at the back of the court mid-match against Ai Sugiyama (I think) at Wimbledon. Anyone remember the year?

Tomas Berdych has hired Dani Vallverdu. Wonder will he pass on any info from Team Murray?:p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

RosyLily wrote: »
    Veeeerrry interesting that one! I wouldn't be surprised if Daniela retired after the 2015 season. I've a vivid image of her crying at the back of the court mid-match against Ai Sugiyama (I think) at Wimbledon. Anyone remember the year?

Tomas Berdych has hired Dani Vallverdu. Wonder will he pass on any info from Team Murray?:p

It's kind of funny that Berdych couldn't get Ivan Lendl and then went for someone else from Murrays team instead. Judy was his next choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Dustin Brown just bought a copy of this off me. Today was a good day!

B54iUP5CAAAKUkR.jpg:large

Hey guys, I started the thread for the new season.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057353087

Advertisement