Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Stephens Day sales; can you be arsed?

Options
  • 25-12-2013 11:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

There's some shops opening at 6am apparently tomorrow?! The poor staff.

Can you be arsed to go into town and fight your way through the crowds for a bargain?

No. No. And trice no!

St Stephens Day sales; can you be arsed? 368 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    9% 36 votes
    Polls shmolls, pass me another turkey sandwich!
    90% 332 votes

Comments

lol no a sale us usually crap people don't want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Can I be arsed? :D arse! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

I'd rather spend the morning in bed with my girlfriend, great bargains, underwear 100% off!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Fuck Next for their 6am sales, dragging their staff out of bed in the middle of the night to sell old stock to selfish cunts who can't stop shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

As a retail worker i simply get by by laughing at the imbeciles going out of their way, in crowds looking at stuff that has been on sale since the 22nd,23rd etc. Gotta love the high IQ Stephens Day customer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

It's called Boxing Day

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Will take a stroll around in the afternoon, will give the night a skip far too busy in pubs and clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Poor bastards are probably on a night shift.
    Can the crapology not wait for a day?

I cannot think of anything worse than going shopping tomorrow.

In fact, I cannot think of anything worse than going shopping ever, but jesus I've seen the inside of enough shops to last me til Christmas 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Won't be sober enough to drive. 6am. Ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The junk they put on bargain rails isn't worth getting out of bed for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Is it true all the shops in Dundrum Shopping Centre opened at 4am one St Stephens day?

There ought to be robust laws against that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

With the likes of clothes shops isnt it just crap they couldnt get rid of when they cut the price already? In fact most shops are probably like this. Will see if bargain alerts has anything online but not physically leave the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The Crescent shopping centre in Limerick usually doesn't open on Stephen's Day, it is tomorrow, why? because Next and Tesco lobbied for it so now the other shops have to as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Certainly won't be, but if a shop wants open and pay staff to come in so some people can buy some cheaper stuff let them.
    Better bargains online anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

With the likes of clothes shops isnt it just crap they couldnt get rid of when they cut the price already? In fact most shops are probably like this. Will see if bargain alerts has anything online but not physically leave the house.
    Its about 60/40 old crap to newly reduced stuff. Still no excuse for people to get outta bed for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

The only thing worse than shopping tomorrow is going to the pub tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

I'm going shopping tomorrow, not so much for the bargains, more because the missus says I am. I'm powerless to resist, that was one moist Turkey and she did yorkshire puddings...it's all a trade off really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Im working it. Wooo :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Aint got no money but even if I had I wouldnt get up in the morning to go to some stupid sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I've never even shopped in Next when it's full price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

What I love is buying stuff tomorrow like clothes that saps bought yesterday for about double the price 'buying clothes for Christmas' wtf like!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

won't be shopping, repeat of today except pressies.

I did look online to see if you can buy sales items from Next Ireland but you can't, yet UK customers can stay in bed and buy all their items online at sales prices- a tad unfair- just thought I would moan about that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

The "sales" aren't worth going out of your way for. It'd be different if they were crazy sales like everything for a tenner or something but it's basically the same prices as a few days ago.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Is it true all the shops in Dundrum Shopping Centre opened at 4am one St Stephens day?

There ought to be robust laws against that

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Shops like River Island & TopMan have online sales now. 50% off most things, better than rustling through the crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Whatever people want to do with their time and money is their business, but I do think anyone shopping in Next or places like that at 6am are mental. Besides the fact that a lot of crap you don't need will probably be purchased, how can you possibly need something so badly that you go shopping for it that early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

cassid wrote: »
    won't be shopping, repeat of today except pressies.

I did look online to see if you can buy sales items from Next Ireland but you can't, yet UK customers can stay in bed and buy all their items online at sales prices- a tad unfair- just thought I would moan about that

Parcel motel? Gives you a UK address and only costs €3.50. First use is free I think. Dead easy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Won't be sober enough to drive. 6am. Ha!

Good save man. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Ha ha .. can't believe some people still think 6am actually exists.

Advertisement