Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 4 for 143STG incl delivery to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭green123

Philip42 wrote: »
    Saw that photo and I laughed out loud. The lengths a troll will go to! Apparently several people after him have said the box was fine and the phone was new. Also, scan have said they wouldn't release goods in that state. Anyway, all will be revealed in a few days. I'm on holiday for a while. Hopefully it'll be waiting for me when I get back and i'll post some photos.

but why were these being sold as open box ?

are they refurbished or ex-display ?

there must be some doubt about the products or the source of the products if scan had to open all the boxes, but i dont think it was scan who opened the boxes. the boxes must have been opened before scan got them.

its a bit strange

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

i'd say its because they've been discontinued for a few months now, they obviously got it in handy enough and are just checking each box to make sure it contains everything its suppose too. This stock was probably sitting in a warehouse somewhere for at least the last 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Sephiral

According to Scan, Open Box means that they open the box, take a look at the contents to make sure they are of good quality and turn on the phone to make sure it boots. It doesn't mean it is refurb or display.

I would imagine it is to reduce return rates and save them some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭green123

Sephiral wrote: »
    According to Scan, Open Box means that they open the box, take a look at the contents to make sure they are of good quality and turn on the phone to make sure it boots. It doesn't mean it is refurb or display.

I would imagine it is to reduce return rates and save them some money.

i know what they are saying, but it doesnt make sense.

why would they need to open every box if the products were new and they got them from a reputable source ?

no other retailer opens boxes of new products because there is no need.

i dont think scan opened the boxes, i think scan bought these from somewhere already opened for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

I think the fact amazon are someohow involved with scan bodes well for the outcome though.

• Advertisement

green123 wrote: »
    i know what they are saying, but it doesnt make sense.

why would they need to open every box if the products were new and they got them from a reputable source ?

no other retailer opens boxes of new products because there is no need.

i dont think scan opened the boxes, i think scan bought these from somewhere already opened for some reason

Because returns cost money. Electronics have a failure rate by default so no matter what the source is, there will be a few returns. Checking them out before dispatching will save money in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

I haven't been charged for this yet. DPD are awaiting the package even though Scan say it's dispatched.

I'm not overly confident at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭kindalen

Mine in athlone dpd, to be delivered on the 2nd, thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Looks like we might all get our phones, eventually. I still have hope!

Athlone, due on 2nd for me too. I think it may arrive faster though, depending on their holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Sephiral wrote: »
    Athlone, due on 2nd for me too. I think it may arrive faster though, depending on their holidays.

They don't open the 1st so unless it's tomorrow.

So which one of you lucky folk picked up your Nexus 4 from PM? Someone here did according to HUKD 😛 (I'm presuming its someone here)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Arrived in pristine condition this morning.

http://m.imgur.com/a/iAsij

Absolutely no 16GB DEVICES left, according to an email from scan.
    But, they are offering the 8gb variant for 118GBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭kindalen

Got mine this morning, perfect condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

Is the 8gb in stock at 118 pounds? Cannot see it on website.

cruizer22b wrote: »
    Is the 8gb in stock at 118 pounds? Cannot see it on website.

They're offering it to people who didn't get the 16GB first, then they'll put it on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wannabe7a

Mine is still in Birmingham according to DPD but should arrive on the 2nd. Great hearing that the nexus is in good condition for some of you who got it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wannabe7a

They're offering it to people who didn't get the 16GB first, then they'll put it on the site.

Still a bargain. Though some might not like to have just 8gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BogManInc

Arrived today. havent opened it yet though as its for someone else. looking forward to seeing it in action

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

Arrived just now. In perfect condition. Happy out.

Mate just opening his now, looks good!

Mate just opening his now, looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

So which one of you lucky folk picked up your Nexus 4 from PM? Someone here did according to HUKD 😛 (I'm presuming its someone here)

Hi mate, that was me. Picked it up and delighted with it. Was in perfect condition, packaging and everything. Stickers still on front and back. Think i'll hang onto to it until at least the nexus 6! Lol.

Hi mate, that was me. Picked it up and delighted with it. Was in perfect condition, packaging and everything. Stickers still on front and back. Think i'll hang onto to it until at least the nexus 6! Lol.

Philip42 wrote: »

Mine was shipped today :)

How long did it take from the shipping confirmation to the arrival at Parcel Motel in Belfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

Got a email today saying that I had missed out.

I waited and I contacted Scan on Facebook today, shortly after I got an email saying they had sourced some 16GB N4's, but with slightly torn boxes, but that the device was perfectly fine, to which I accepted and an hour or so later got a text saying it had been despatched.

Just hoping I'll have it before Monday. What do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Fair play to all who got 1. I cancelled my order as i didn't want to deal with a company like Scan, awful customer service.

I'd rather give money to a company who actually helped the customer, not keep them in the dark.

Hopefully all your phones are working well, all the best with them.

• Advertisement

Mine was shipped today :)

How long did it take from the shipping confirmation to the arrival at Parcel Motel in Belfast?

Hi mate, I'm delighted for you...mine was dispatched from scan on the 27th of December, arrived and signed for in Parcel Motel Belfast at 9am on the 30th of December and arrived in Parcel Motel Cornelscourt that night about 9pm! You shouldn't have long to wait. I think patience paid off. Too many people throwing their toys out of the pram and prematurely cancelling their orders. Good luck with your new phone.

Advertisement