Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 4 for 143STG incl delivery to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

So can we get it delivered in ireland without parcel motel ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

tharmor wrote: »
    So can we get it delivered in ireland without parcel motel ??

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Looks like a good deal, but what exactly does"Open Box" mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Looks like a good deal, but what exactly does"Open Box" mean?
    PLEASE NOTE - *Open Box Product

This Item is BRAND NEW product, the packaging has been opened to check and Condition to make sure its Grade "A" Stock But it may have some marks/Damage on the Outer box/Sleeve
    This item comes with Full 12 Months warranty and complete

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The only problem I have is that ejecting/inserting the SIM card seems to be a bit of a chore needing a safety pin or a needle on standby. OK for a junkie but not for the most of us! Is it really that difficult to change a SIM card with this phone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Hagar the Nice.

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/nexus-7-16gb-2012-99-carphone-warehouse-instore-online-1767602?mforwarded=true

Nexus7 at £99.00.
    Carphone Warehouse,be quick because they are selling like hot cakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/nexus-7-16gb-2012-99-carphone-warehouse-instore-online-1767602?mforwarded=true

Nexus7 at £99.00.
    Carphone Warehouse,be quick because they are selling like hot cakes.

Looks great,Can anyone tell me why its so cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

its the 2012 model.

Also, i'm in need of help. I got a confirmation e-mail from Scan.co.uk saying my order was accepted, but didn't get a payment confirmation? just wondering did anyone get one? a bit worried i might miss out, but don't want to risk getting 2 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭Doge

kn wrote: »
    The only problem I have is that ejecting/inserting the SIM card seems to be a bit of a chore needing a safety pin or a needle on standby. OK for a junkie but not for the most of us! Is it really that difficult to change a SIM card with this phone?

Get yourself one of these, it has a pin in it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Victorinox-Jelly-Swiss-Card-Lite/dp/B0002IK7XU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387989430&sr=8-1&keywords=Swiss+card+lite

Bought one recently and it is the most handiest thing ever, especially if you work in I.T.

Even though the screwdriver is very flat I have yet to find a screw that the philips head cant open, the battery for the LED is replaceable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

kn wrote: »
    How often do you need to eject your sim card? Its not hard at all, anything with a point will do eg. toothpick, etc. If you are desperate you'll find a way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wannabe7a

RossieMan wrote: »
    its the 2012 model.

Also, i'm in need of help. I got a confirmation e-mail from Scan.co.uk saying my order was accepted, but didn't get a payment confirmation? just wondering did anyone get one? a bit worried i might miss out, but don't want to risk getting 2 :/

I paid through Amazon but saw before I left the page of scan that delivery date is Tuesday 31st. I got confirmation from Amazon. Maybe scan is a bit slow in confirming payment as it is christmas?

aye thats what i thought myself so i didn't try ordering another. I also get an error when looking up the sales history on my account, but i'd say thats normal as its christmas.

I sent them an e-mail anyway, will just have to wait i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

Checkout shows me £10.49 postage to IRE. I do not see the option to pay through amazon. Total is 142.58

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Bought one via PayPal. Thanks OP! Massive thanks!
    DPD here I come...

emy wrote: »
    Checkout shows me £10.49 postage to IRE. I do not see the option to pay through amazon. Total is 142.58

There was an Amazon logo mentioning the option to pay through them as well on the scan site at checkout. If you click on it you are directed to a separate screen where you have to login in Amazon itself. This was working perfectly for me. I received an Amazon confirmation just like paying on Amazon itself.

On Amazon.co.uk the nexus 4 is priced at 270 pounds so the 130 + shipping and some VAT is not a bad bargain! Cant wait for my bargain to arrive next week even though it is for my missus!!

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Looks great,Can anyone tell me why its so cheap?

Nexus 7 is also cheaper cause it is the tablet and last years model. The nexus 4 is the phone version of google, also last years model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Hagar the Nice.

wannabe7a wrote: »
    Nexus 7 is also cheaper cause it is the tablet and last years model. The nexus 4 is the phone version of google, also last years model.

Correct but its still a great bargain though,especially when money is so tight these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

wannabe7a wrote: »
    On Amazon.co.uk the nexus 4 is priced at 270 pounds so the 130 + shipping and some VAT is not a bad bargain! Cant wait for my bargain to arrive next week even though it is for my missus!!

You are perfectly right, just placed an order. I was nearly to order Moto g 16 Gb but all are gone from amazon, there are only 8gb left.

Have any of you checked your tracking history? still thinking of ordering again just to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

emy wrote: »

Its on the bottom right. Comes to £135 by that method. No radio is a killer for me.

Have any of you checked your tracking history? still thinking of ordering again just to be sure.

Items Ordered Price
    1 of LG Nexus 4 E960 16GB Google Smartphone Black WiFi 4.7" IPS HD Screen 2xCamera BT
    Sold by: Scan Computers International Ltd ( seller profile ) £130.00

Item(s) Subtotal: £130.00
    Postage & Packing: £12.59
    Promotion Applied: -£0.01
    Total for this shipment: £142.58

ah feck, going to order again for the sake of it. I'll cancel one if they both go through.

Thanks for the help wannabe, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

ah feck, going to order again for the sake of it. I'll cancel one if they both go through.

Thanks for the help wannabe, much appreciated.

It says this on the Order History page
    "Important note: We do accept orders 24/7 through our online ordering system - however if you have ordered over the weekend please bear in mind your order may not update through email confirmations, Parcel Tracking or My Account section until midday on Monday."

So I'd assume that applies to holidays too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Not sure if this is going to get honoured ! Wait till 27th coz they are closed till tomorrow ! You can add 1 million pieces and it allows you to place order!

Remember the expansys fiasco ??

But you never know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Sephiral

Ordered one!

If you search the order number on amazon, it shows up.

tharmor wrote: »
    Not sure if this is going to get honoured ! Wait till 27th coz they are closed till tomorrow ! You can add 1 million pieces and it allows you to place order!

Remember the expansys fiasco ??

But you never know :D

hmm, following your comment I just had a proper look on the scan site. It seems that they sell mainly bits and pieces for phones and not the actual phones themselves. If these guys are coming back from their holidays and see the orders for the bit of supply they have ... give myself not that much hope anymore :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Tempted.

What else would be as good as the Nexus between 150 - 200 euro?

Moto G?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Tempted.

What else would be as good as the Nexus between 150 - 200 euro?

Moto G?
    Nexus 4 is still better than the moto g 2gb ram bigger battery etc

• Advertisement

Moto G isn't as good as the nexus, although it does have a better battery life. There is plenty of reviews comparing the 2 if you just google it.

but i'd say the chance of this being fulfilled has gone from very slim, to non existent.

Off to look for more comparisons, China me thinks.

Advertisement