Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merry Christmas MT Cranium

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

The last thing I do before I go to bed is check your forecast for the day ahead. Don't bother anymore with Met Eireann. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a fantastic new year ahead : )

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

the word legend tends to be thrown around willy nilly, but it definitely applies in this man's case.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

aboyro wrote: »
    Dude,There's a movie in that:)

Yeah but Adam Sandler has made enough crummy movies for one lifetime, doncha think?

The part that would really be dramatic was when I found out about the O'Donnell business, my parents (bless them) had paused the explanation at Peter. Imagine finding out that ye're Irish (alright perhaps Irish) at the age of twenty-two.

As you can see, I haven't done much with it. Prob'ly need to be there too.

the word legend tends to be thrown around willy nilly, but it definitely applies belongs in this man's case file.

fixed yer post

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Happy Christmas and many thanks to MT and the regular contributors to this forum. The forecasting on this forum is consistently excellent thanks to your input.

I do a lot of recreational flying and this forum is a superb resource to have when flight planning. On many occasions I have wanted to go flying but erred on the side of caution due to forecasts from this forum, no doubt it's kept me a little safer over the last few years.

Cheers:)

Aviation, marine and recreational (climbing, sailing etc) users should promise me and others who contribute forecast ideas around here that they will never fall into a sense of false security and that they won't use this source to the exclusion of official weather information designed for their user groups. We honestly aren't set up to maintain a continuous watch, nor is anyone posting here (including me) a qualified meteorologist in the legal sense. Some of us have figured out how to make forecasts, and some of you think we do it reasonably well, but that all together would mean butkus in a court of law if somebody gets blown off a mountain peak or lands on the motorway and scares a busload of nuns (who then sue Boards because that's what nuns do).

And thus ends my Christmas story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Merry Christmas MT, thanks for everything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Let me join the chorus: happy Christmas MT. I always enjoy reading your forecasts. It's one of the first things I do in the morning. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Merry Christmas MT, and everyone else here on the boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

A very Happy Christmas MT I couldn't start the say without reading your forecast.
    To all here a very Happy Christmas also, love these boards and love the 'chat' about weather with fellow weather lovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭coillsaille

A merry Christmas and a big thank you to MT and the other highly knowledgeable contributors on this forum. It's a great learning resource for us lurkers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

I have considered myself as somewhat of a stateless person throughout my adult life, and not that keen on replacing the missing Canadian identity with either of the more obvious choices in practical terms, American or British,

Based on the comments you made, I would hazard a guess that getting an Irish passport would not be difficult, if that appeals as an alternative.

Thanks for the excellent work on the forecasts, they are indeed a regular required reading.

All I need now is a break in the weather so I can get my weather station back up on its pole, but with the way winds are right now, climbing ladders on to the roof is not exactly appealing a whole bunch.......................

Have a good Christmas and New Year

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Merry Christmas MT your daily forecasts are the reason I visit the weather forum. I've made a lot of decisions based on your predictions. Thank you for the great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭secman

Happy Christmas MT and best of health for the new year, hats off to you Sir for an excellent service to Ireland.

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭kindredspirit

A Happy Christmas, Roger, to you and yours.

You've welded yourself to this forum. Muchos respectos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Merry Christmas MT, and thanks for all you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

A very Happy Christmas MT and best wishes for the New Year, the first thing i do, every morning is read your forecast with my coffee... wouldn't dream of starting my day any other way!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Happy Christmas, MT!

I wouldn't be on boards so much if it wasn't for your daily forecast.. So thank you so very much - 'tis a great way of being sure what boots/coat are needed before venturing out to meet the day.

Santa will be glad of some calmer winds tomorrow night.. I have it on good authority he's been checking out your updates :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Just want to add my thanks for a years worth of forecasts. I work outdoors so it great to have an idea of what's coming and sometimes be able to dodge it......:D

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Thanks, M.T. for your great forecasts and question answering. Hope you have a lovely Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TeaCup2

Thank you for all the time and effort you put in to your forecasts M.T., your input is so valuable. Merry Christmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Happy Christmas M.T. to you and your family.

Many thanks for your considerable and much appreciated efforts and tireless forecasting throught the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Happy Christmas Mr. Cranium :-)

I only come in here to read when there is mad weather, snow, gusts, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, apocalypse, tsunami, rain, clouds, thunder, sunshine, lightening, avalanches, hail, sleet, frost, frogs, ice.

So yeah, thanks for your forecasts :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

Very happy Christmas MT, reading your forecasts is a daily ritual for me and I really appreciate the effort it takes on your part. P.S. would be grateful if you could shut down the Atlantic storm machine for a little while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

Merry Christmas MT Cranium, many thanks for your hard work over the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

Happy Christmas MT

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Miss Stormyseas

Merry Christmas MT, look forward to many more of your forecasts in 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Santander

Merry Christmas MT. Another person who starts their day by reading your forecast, and who quotes you endlessly :-)
    Hope you and your family have a lovely holiday season.
    Thank you for the hard work and amazing commitment you show to the boards weather forum

Greatly appreciated, and let me return the sentiment, Merry Christmas to all weather forum readers, posters, lurkers, major contributors and moderators. Did I miss anybody?

I raise a glass to you all (one for everyone, have to stay quite sober looking at the charts), to this wonderful forum and to your wonderful country. If ever a foreigner came to appreciate Ireland, it was me, from my early days reading Irish literature and history, to the present time celebrating the fact that I have come to know so many Irish people.

"If God in heaven is pleased with one country, it would be Ireland." -- Peter O'Donnell, just now. Hey this plonk is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Happy christmas M.T may the weather gods be kind to you and all of yours

• Advertisement

Just want to add my name to the long list of grateful posters. I read MT's update nearly every day - most days I forget to click the "thanks" icon. So here's a BIG THANK YOU and a happy 2014 to you MT:).

Advertisement