Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merry Christmas MT Cranium

Options
  • 22-12-2013 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Merry Christmas MT and thanks for all your great forecasts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Merry christmas. Keep up the good work :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

He's a good skin isn't he? Got me off the smokes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Merry Christmas to MT and the other regular contributors, you know who you are! You make it a pleasure for us lurkers to follow the forum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Merry Christmas MT and a happy and healthy New Year to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Thanks very much and Merry Christmas to all of you, I enjoy my time on Boards and there's some chance of getting over for a visit (would be my second one to Ireland) this coming year. We may be having a bit too much weather in the next few days, but whatever comes, I find it very interesting to follow and the banter is exceptional (at least yours is). ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Happy xmass and a happy new year to you,really enjoy you're up dates on the weather every day,keep up the good work,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Merry Christmas MT thanks for all the great weather forecasts during 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Happy Christmas MT ... First thing every morning, while I'm waiting for the kettle to boil, I peruse your forecast for the day and you're usually pretty spot on. Well Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

Keep up the forecasts - great reading with mugs of hot tea and now a Cadbury selection box / yep the thin bar Cadbury wins round 1 - here choccy choccy- happy Christmas to all 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

Merry Christmas mt and the rest of the lads who make comin on here a pleasure and a learning experience have a good one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Sharpshooter82

Happy Christmas MT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Thanks very much and Merry Christmas to all of you, I enjoy my time on Boards and there's some chance of getting over for a visit (would be my second one to Ireland) this coming year. We may be having a bit too much weather in the next few days, but whatever comes, I find it very interesting to follow and the banter is exceptional (at least yours is). ;)

I thought you were irish living away from home, are you Canadian? Maybe you could be lucky enough to coincide your next trip here with a boards meet up, I'm sure you would be the guest of honour.:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

Merry Christmas MT. Thank you for all your great forecasts during the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

Happy Christmas and new year to everyone who make all of this happen as if by magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭blacksasha

Merry Christmas MT, and Many Thanks for the Weather Updates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Merry Christmas MT and all here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Happy Christmas to all & to all a good......................well you know the rest :D
    Cheers guys

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Merry Christmas MT! Your weather reports have helped me decide whether to drive any of my classic minis or not! Still rain free so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Have a good one MT and keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭rickdangerouss

MT, Merry Christmas. Thank you for the work and posts, hope you have a peaceful Christmas and great new year.

A big Merry Christmas to all the other posters on the weather forum too. Thank you for helping make what this part of the woods is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

For the poster who asked and anyone else who wondered, born in Birmingham (UK) with name you know (Peter O'Donnell) from mother, forms don't indicate father's name, hence can assume some if not full Irish background, gained the other name some may know (Roger Smith) through adoption and those folks decided to emigrate to Canada when I was a wee lad, so have lived most of my life in Canada, but always with some Irish connections. My best friend in high school had Irish-born parents who also emigrated to Canada a few years before my parents, and since my (adoptive) parents both passed away rather young, I spent a lot of time with that family in my late teenage and early adult years, so almost an Irish upbringing pasted onto the other layers (these people were not making it up about being resolutely Irish as I discovered when I visited Ireland in 1978).

Due to my rather independent existence here (a polite way to describe my virtual blacklisting from Canadian weather circles, wonder why eh?) I have considered myself as somewhat of a stateless person throughout my adult life, and not that keen on replacing the missing Canadian identity with either of the more obvious choices in practical terms, American or British, but this past few years of really connecting with Irish people (never mind the weather, that's really just collateral damage) has opened a door in my mind about what if any national identity I might really have in the spiritual side of life. However, practical considerations will probably conspire to keep me living on this side of the Atlantic (this side of the Pacific more accurately) but if fate were kind and I became wealthy (currently in a very average sort of financial situation, can't complain) I would very likely spend part of my time in Ireland on a regular basis. And that would be the part where the sun was shining, cuz for November to March, that's why God created Arizona and Utah.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭PJD

Merry Christmas and thanks. Not a day goes past that I don't check in with your forcast! Appreciated. Happy 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

Hi MT, thanks for all of your forecasts. The daily forecast thread is usually the first port of call whenever I'm here. Have a great Christmas and best wishes for the new year. And Merry Christmas to everyone else here of corse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

The 1st thing I do every morning is check MT Craniums daily essay on our weather. I look forward each morning and I thoroughly enjoy his captivating forecasts. Happy Christmas and New Year. Legend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

For the poster who asked and anyone else who wondered, born in Birmingham (UK) with name you know (Peter O'Donnell) from mother, forms don't indicate father's name, hence can assume some if not full Irish background, gained the other name some may know (Roger Smith) through adoption and those folks decided to emigrate to Canada when I was a wee lad, so have lived most of my life in Canada, but always with some Irish connections. My best friend in high school had Irish-born parents who also emigrated to Canada a few years before my parents, and since my (adoptive) parents both passed away rather young, I spent a lot of time with that family in my late teenage and early adult years, so almost an Irish upbringing pasted onto the other layers (these people were not making it up about being resolutely Irish as I discovered when I visited Ireland in 1978).

Due to my rather independent existence here (a polite way to describe my virtual blacklisting from Canadian weather circles, wonder why eh?) I have considered myself as somewhat of a stateless person throughout my adult life, and not that keen on replacing the missing Canadian identity with either of the more obvious choices in practical terms, American or British, but this past few years of really connecting with Irish people (never mind the weather, that's really just collateral damage) has opened a door in my mind about what if any national identity I might really have in the spiritual side of life. However, practical considerations will probably conspire to keep me living on this side of the Atlantic (this side of the Pacific more accurately) but if fate were kind and I became wealthy (currently in a very average sort of financial situation, can't complain) I would very likely spend part of my time in Ireland on a regular basis. And that would be the part where the sun was shining, cuz for November to March, that's why God created Arizona and Utah.
    Dude,There's a movie in that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rencas84

MT I enjoy your daily posts. Happy Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭puppydogeyes

Many thanks for your updates. Enjoy the holidays :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

Many happy returns M.T. .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Happy Christmas and many thanks to MT and the regular contributors to this forum. The forecasting on this forum is consistently excellent thanks to your input.

I do a lot of recreational flying and this forum is a superb resource to have when flight planning. On many occasions I have wanted to go flying but erred on the side of caution due to forecasts from this forum, no doubt it's kept me a little safer over the last few years.

Cheers:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭tomcosgrave

I love this place and all who sail within ;-)

Advertisement