Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with Sheamus?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

He can still be a face, but they need him to cut out the smiling and laughing and being goofy.

When he arrived on the scene he was portrayed as a real bad ass character, like Brock Lesnar light and had an aura of destroying all in his path about him.

He can be a face but not be as obvious about wh*ring himself out to the crowd begging for a pop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Is it worrying that he is not listed on any WWE events until after Wrestlemania (some sites have mentioned this)?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

I met this guy on New Years night. A very nice guy and a big Man!!

I think he was with Kelly from Tallafornia...the poor lad :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Did Shemaus shave his head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

my girlfriend dyed his hair and beard for him over the xmas in a hair saloon in Dublin city. Said he was a sound guy and he came in the next day and gave her a personalised picture autograph for me as she told him i was a big fan. seems a sound fella

• Advertisement

That was really sound of him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

ricero wrote: »
    my girlfriend dyed his hair and beard for him over the xmas in a hair saloon in Dublin city. Said he was a sound guy and he came in the next day and gave her a personalised picture autograph for me as she told him i was a big fan. seems a sound fella

Are you trying to tell us he's secretly a brunette?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Didn't he spend like $50k on that car? Must be on a fair wedge with WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'd have no doubt he is a multi-millionaire.

He has been north of the midcard since his debut and I'd imagine his merch is top five if not top certainly top ten.

• Advertisement

Pentecost wrote: »
    Didn't he spend like $50k on that car? Must be on a fair wedge with WWE.

The deal seems to be is that people who were high on the midcard and above made a lot of money in the period before Triple H became Head of Talent Relations, the WWE Network costing so much money and overall business being fairly meh. Rank and file WWE wrestlers really liked Johnny Ace as for his faults as he ensured people were paid well and talent were looked after in terms of things like time off and other accommodations too.

Things have simply changed now NXT era guys not speak up as much as those before. They are "happy to be there" supposedly. People like Ricardo, Alberto Del Rio and CM Punk have all made mention of that. Sheamus is of that prior generation too. Sheamus was around when things like DVDs and the Video Games still sold really well and WWE weren't as stingy on royalties as they are now. Most key is that Sheamus was a headliner on the WWE "B" house show tours (the old Smackdown brand) not as glamorous or visible as the "Cena"/"A" tours but he was still making headliner money. Likewise being a semi main event wrestler wrestling for the World Heavyweight Championship on PPV. It all adds up even if you aren't Cena or Orton.

harney wrote: »
    Are you trying to tell us he's secretly a brunette?

No he's a ginge but she dyed it more red

She should have trimmed the uneven side of his goatee, Riceco.

Only a month away lads:

B7qFYniCMAEeb40.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

"An fantastic"? Valentines' Day cards for people who can't read good.

rovert wrote: »
    Only a month away lads:

B7qFYniCMAEeb40.jpg

My gf is away for valentines, I may get her that card to show her I'm cool about it :/

SHAVE SHEAMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

He looks completely bald under the cap? (No sideburns or hair at the back) Has he shaved off all his hair? Part of me wishes he would go all out and have a gimmick like this, but it would probably be hokey in reality.
    b2b_PEG_54-134_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

skeg16 wrote: »
    I met this guy on New Years night. A very nice guy and a big Man!!

I think he was with Kelly from Tallafornia...the poor lad :pac:

Is that you Christian?

I hope Sheamus has a mad looking Mohawk under that hat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Could you imagine if Sheamus returned at the Rumble , Then Balor debuted as well but then eliminated Sheamus him which would allow Sheamus to do his heel turn and they went onto a great rivalry towards Wrestlemania ha

Could you imagine if Sheamus returned at the Rumble , Then Balor debuted as well but then eliminated Sheamus him which would allow Sheamus to do his heel turn and they went onto a great rivalry towards Wrestlemania ha

Obviously both are from the Republic but any excuse to post this:

Maybe Becky can eventually attack Paige and do the fued. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was he suppose to return at the rumble?

I seen on another post him Vs. Bryan is the plan for WM

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Him vs Byan pre show
    Him vs Bryan 18 second match
    Him vs Bryan supposedly planned last year till the yes movement
    Him vs Bryan this year potentially

obviously I dunno if last and this year are confirmed but um... WWE kinda need to get a bit more creative... WWE Creative :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Him vs Byan pre show
    Him vs Bryan 18 second match
    Him vs Bryan supposedly planned last year till the yes movement
    Him vs Bryan this year potentially

obviously I dunno if last and this year are confirmed but um... WWE kinda need to get a bit more creative... WWE Creative :P

The fans will crap on that too and deservingly so. Vince thinks the fans want Bryan to get his revenge for the 18 seconds loss, they throw Bryan the win to please the crowd and put it on first to warm the crowd up and get the man Vince seriously hates out of the way. No disrespect to Sheamus but Bryan deserves better then that. It's a feud I like to see over one or two B PPV's but WM 31, god no.

But it would be a great 20 minute match. But a total nothing match and a major step down from WM 30. I see it happening though with a 2 week build.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Seamus and Bryan had this feud already and it was awesome at least give them something fresh for wrestlemania

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Seamus and Bryan had this feud already and it was awesome at least give them something fresh for wrestlemania

Only one awesome thing came out of their feud that was the Extreme Rules match and the fact bryan got over when Vince went out to bury him.

What can you give them that will make it Fresh? They wrestled at WM twice before, Sheamus ever since that 18 second debacle hasn't been worth anything (a great worker though) while Bryan has gone on to become a star. WWE will get ****ted on if they even attempt to have Sheamus beat Bryan even if the match is great at WM, they are asking for trouble then.

Why does Vince have such a hard on for Sheamus vs Bryan?

So he's on the way back, and looking to fight.

I'd love to see a heel Seamus work a programme with dean ambrose I think they would work well together. I'd love to see him go full on heel beating the **** out of people , proper heel beatdowns dished out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

at least that promo seems more serious in tone so hopefully he tones down on the big smiley headed cena lite style humour. I know people want him as a heel but just being more serious would be fine by me. Would also like to see them have a three way or four way feud for the IC belt going into mania. Yes it's kinda an excuse to get people on the card but Barrett vs Ambrose vs Sheamus would be quality imo

Advertisement