Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with Sheamus?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

You can't seriously be advocating putting the world title on Sheamus the week after their lowest rating in nearly two decades?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I think they should do the WWE 12 video game story with Barrett and Sheamus

Rehire Drew and have Regal as their mouthpiece, they'd get massive heat as a heel faction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Monokne wrote: »
    You can't seriously be advocating putting the world title on Sheamus the week after their lowest rating in nearly two decades?

As a way to get Reigns over, yeah. The show would still be built about Reigns.

I'm not Reigns biggest fan or anything; but if they are going to go with him and want him to be cheered then this is what thay have to do. Putting him against Owens or Ambrose would be lead to him being booed again; watch what happens when he fights Cesaro next week.

You have this idea of Sheamus as this major heel who people majorly dislike like he's Edge in 2006 or Jericho in 2008. He's not. He has go away heat mixed with apathy for having such a stale non character and being on TV for 6 years. The top heel is going to be in multiple backstage segments as well as an in ring talking segment and one, maybe two matches per TV show. Can you imagine how far the ratings would tank with Sheamus doing 15 minute monologues every week? Shudder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

We just need Becky in between them with her own belt.

https://twitter.com/wwesheamus/status/671140399453503489

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The belts looks massive there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The current World Championship belt seems to be the biggest one they've had since the 1990s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Still amazing to me that Irish men are headlining both a UFC PPV and WWE PPV on the same weekend, and another Irish man is doing the same in an NXT special three days later. Even the fact that the two biggest belts in WWE are with Irish wrestlers is amazing. If you told me all this 6-7 years ago I would have thought you were crazy!

• Advertisement

Sheamus makes me feel a great sense of national pride, as does Finn Bálor. I can't believe we've seen him win the biggest honour in WWE 3 times now. Conor McGregor, Finn Bálor and Sheamus all at the top at the same time, I can hardly believe it's happening!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Four times if you count winning the WHC too. We really need to see Becky get the Divas belt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Tyson Fury is practically Irish too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Andy Lee is WBO Middleweight World Champion too, defending it on Saturday.

Brock V Sheamus announced for live event next year. No doubt a LON interference with F5s for all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,382 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I hope they get at least 10/5 minutes not just a quick Brock win followed by him beating down LoN.

Was thinking Triple H might interfere to give Sheamus the win next week, setting up Lesnar to destroy Sheamus for the title at the Royal Rumble and Reigns to win the Rumble again for Reigns to challenge Lesnar at WrestleMania which is more in line with how WWE usually book WrestleMania.

Then again I don't think they'd be booking Lesnar in a house match against Sheamus if they are to fight for the title a few weeks later.

Sheamus isn't taking the belt back brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Ruu wrote: »
    Brock V Sheamus announced for live event next year. No doubt a LON interference with F5s for all. :)

I feel silly asking but is that for the dublin house show? :o if so ill be buying my tickets!

Monokne wrote: »
    Sheamus isn't taking the belt back brothers.

It would only be for Lesnar (or someone else) to destroy him at the Rumble. Just thinking they might want Reigns to go into WrestleMania as the challenger.
    Toobz wrote: »
    I feel silly asking but is that for the dublin house show? :o if so ill be buying my tickets!

Would be amazing but no it's in Houston.

• Advertisement

Taking the belt off Reigns now, even short term, would be lunacy. He's failed enough as is. Needs the Superman push now.

He needs the Brogue Kick back down to the upper midcard and a nice Big Show feud (Reigns).

Reigns has sufficient push that he could be a perfectly fine top heel. Or a second from the top babyface. Sheamus though, yeah, hopefully he's back in the low - mid card soon.

The two had a very stiff match by all accounts Brock won in just under 10 minutes.

CYPxYPXUMAAZHSM.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Hamish is a legit tough m'fer. Some of the pics he's posted on Twitter of redraw welts on his back and he still goes out and has a physical matches on RAW and Smackdown.

Not the best character but a brilliant In ring wrestler.

Certainly is a tough dude.

That said, part of it is that his skin is much more prone to show that stuff up than almost anyone else on the roster.

Very good in the ring. Probably doesn't get as much credit for it as he has coming just purely because he's over pushed and over exposed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

He definitely lays it in and takes it more than most guys though. Lesnar will beat the shít out of you but he'll also take a beating. Sheamus is similar.

Agreed. He'd fit in well in Japan.

There is a good video of the Lesnar Sheamus match on youtube, very well done. Not sure where they are going with Lesnar this year but hope we see some Lesnar Sheamus on telly as well at least once.

• Advertisement

They could have a great 15 minute PPV match up I think a real hard hitting slobberknocker.

Advertisement