Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco network is down?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Karsini wrote: »
    I hate to say it but I wouldn't use anyone but Vodafone or O2 for business purposes. :)

I've used both Three and Meteor for business with absolutely no problems.
    This Tesco thing's ridiculous they seem to be falling over quite regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

SpaceTime wrote: »
    I've used both Three and Meteor for business with absolutely no problems.
    This Tesco thing's ridiculous they seem to be falling over quite regularly.

Jesus lads. Relax. I've been with tesco over a year. It will be fixed soon. Its still worth the money. Stop bitching of a couple of hours lost coverage. I doubt it was intentional.

Swampy wrote: »
    Jesus lads. Relax. I've been with tesco over a year. It will be fixed soon. Its still worth the money. Stop bitching of a couple of hours lost coverage. I doubt it was intentional.

Sorry but 4 times in 5 months isn't acceptable. I defended them the first time but not again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Tesco use the O2 network, I don't believe there's an issue with O2 so this has to be an intentional outage by Tesco for maintenance or whatever, it's also too much of a coincidence that the last two outages occurred after normal working hours. When people rely on and become everyday dependent on their mobile phones , even an outage of several hours is immensely frustrating and unacceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Of course it wasn't intentional. I can 100% assure you no network wants this kind of thing to happen!

MVNOs don't necessarily share any of the host network's switching system or any of that aspect of the network.
    Most of the 'intelligent' functions of the network would be the MVNO's own gear.

So, the fact that the O2 network's up, means very little really.

• Advertisement

My phone re-registered on the network and I got an SMS that was sent earlier today but I still can't do anything on the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 La Gun

Swampy wrote: »

They just cost me a nights income. Plus to customers and to other business users it makes me look unreliable. Ya will just have to forgive me for being concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dont ever use TM for business. If your phone is for work then go with o2 or Voda.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I started this thread at 5 pm yesterday and now it's safe to say that my services are back. Yippeeee!
    Thanks everyone for updates/views from different ends.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

La Gun wrote: »
    They just cost me a nights income. Plus to customers and to other business users it makes me look unreliable. Ya will just have to forgive me for being concerned.

You need to get sims from different providers then, can't put all your eggs in one basket if you rely on your mobile so much for work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

You need to get sims from different providers then, can't put all your eggs in one basket if you rely on your mobile so much for work!

Well said!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

heybaby wrote: »
    Tesco use the O2 network, I don't believe there's an issue with O2 so this has to be an intentional outage by Tesco for maintenance or whatever, it's also too much of a coincidence that the last two outages occurred after normal working hours. When people rely on and become everyday dependent on their mobile phones , even an outage of several hours is immensely frustrating and unacceptable.

I wonder does that fact that they're taking customers from o2 have anything to do with it?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Seems to be strange though that it keeps happening outside business hours,anybody know what time it came back on?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

tipptom wrote: »
    Seems to be strange though that it keeps happening outside business hours,anybody know what time it came back on?

Some texts went through at 00:30. Lots reporting full service restored at 5:30AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ballymac676

Hi I am still out in Mayo, no network at all - are most people up and running again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭masterboy123

yes everyone is running now. Restart your phone, if that doesnt help then contact Tescomobile
    Hi I am still out in Mayo, no network at all - are most people up and running again?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ballymac676

Thanks up and running again in Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aveartist

What's going on? am newish to Tesco and have had no signal for two days with no response from Tesco you would think they would post a statement or have I missed it! I'm in Tipperary.:confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Are they still down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

madmoe wrote: »
    Well said!!

And advertise 2 or 3 numbers? And top or pay the bill of 2 or 3 phones? And as if that's not enough, carry the extra phones with you?

Not practical

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

And advertise 2 or 3 numbers? And top or pay the bill of 2 or 3 phones? And as if that's not enough, carry the extra phones with you?

Not practical

Three numbers will go on a business card.

Buy a dual sim phone to use two of the numbers, and only use the third when one of the first two sims aren't working.

Its not hard to do, it all depends on how much your business means to you.

You can't rely on networks in this country!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,907 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Advertisement