Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice UK 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

And so we've come to the point where, according to the Guardian, "the anti-X Factor becomes identical to, erm, the X Factor".

Yes, we've come to the live shows.

At this stage in the previous two series, of course, the viewing figures went south. So, in an attempt to make them continue to go east, Auntie has commissioned a companion show on BBC2 weeknights, much like Strictly It Takes Two (and with the same host, as well).

(One might argue that it's also an attempt to boost the figures for Revenge of the Egghead, which themselves have gone south lately...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Germaine's got it all, glorious voice,potential winner. Iesha also very gifted,little nervous.Sophie's good but not ready.

Christina Marie, potential finalist with Germaine. Love Sally's voice and Chris and Emily are good too.Ricky's team are the strongest by far.

Hi , anybody watching? Sally's voice is so unique, so beautiful she is a pleasure to listen to.Really hope she goes well,her talent deserves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

That girl Sally has brought meaning to songs I've known for decades!

• Advertisement

Every single song she has sung to date has been familiar to me. But she somehow manages to 'interpret' the lyrics.

Bizzy's good, Sally's unique:)

dcmm wrote: »
    Bizzy's good, Sally's unique:)

I'm behind you now as I've had to pause. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

no no no no no no no no no NO ! That is such a simple and beautiful song, having it shouted out over a rock track is a crime

Just love Christina Marie, didn't like the arrangement of the song, only she's so good she carried it off. Two unique female singers in one show is a treat to really enjoy.

• Advertisement

Chris nice guy, pleasant voice, drifts off pitch too often. Maybe more voice training could strengthen that weakness.

Just finished watching Christina Marie. Brilliant voice, but not unique. She would do well to keep her mouth shut unless she's singing lol.

Lee's got a great voice, he just needs to relax and enjoy himself more.

Like Jamie's voice, very good, kinda sounds better every week.

Some of them have terrific voices but don't have a clue how to sing. They are acting rather than feeling.

GERMAINE IS THE VOICE!!,

GERMAINE IS THE VOICE!!,

Sweet Jesus, I've had to turn down the tv. He's horrendous!

:
    sopretty wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus, I've had to turn down the tv. He's horrendous!

:confused:

:

:confused:

He sounded off key the whole way through. I dislike the tone of his voice. I hate the song he chose. Lol. I actually had to put my hand over my ears.

Like Jamie, think Lee is a better singer. Jermain is the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

sopretty wrote: »
    He sounded off key the whole way through. I dislike the tone of his voice. I hate the song he chose. Lol. I actually had to put my hand over my ears.

Agree. Wrong person got to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Voice UK is returning for another two series, the BBC has confirmed

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Kylie got to sing her own song with obvious backing track & auto-tune help, her guys barely got a look in.
    A bit unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Kylie got to sing her own song with obvious backing track & auto-tune help, her guys barely got a look in.
    A bit unfair.

Was just thinking same re all of the performances with mentors. The mentors far overshadowed the contestants - especially Will, whose dancing made the contestants look like sticks.

Also Tom's voice was far more mature that theirs.

IMO, performing with mentors is a bad idea.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Voice UK is returning for another two series, the BBC has confirmed

Confirmation, if confirmation were needed, that the changes this year were successful. :D:);)

Ahead of Saturday's final, here are some more viewing figures from BARB, along with the positions in BBC1's top 30 for that week.

22/02 (Blind Auditions 7): 8.33m (4th)
    01/03 (Battles 1): 8.06m (6th)
    08/03 (Battles 2): 7.65m (5th)
    15/03 (Knockouts 1): 7.56m (4th)
    16/03 (Knockouts 2): 7.72m (3rd)
    22/03 (Live Show 1): 7.14m (5th)

As in the previous two series, they've fallen - but this time, not quite as steeply. :)

And Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway is still a fair bit behind.

Not that it's stopped TellyMix's Josh Darvill from laughing at it, alas. It has to be said, he seems to dislike ANYTHING that doesn't have a certain Mr S Cowell in it... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://tellymix.co.uk/ratings/179313-the-voice-uk-ratings-fall-to-series-low-for-first-live-show.html
    http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-voice/179389-the-voice-2014-judges-dull-sir-tom-jones-told-to-liven-up.html
    http://tellymix.co.uk/ratings/179827-the-voice-2014-ratings-dip-to-new-series-low-for-semi-finals.html

Just started watching(unexpected visitors...)Really rate Christins Maries voice, but didn't like thar version of "the power of love".She oversang it and didn't need to.

Now Sally is really good, but Jermaine is the next big singing star.His voice is spectacular,beautiful, musically he can perform any type of song. He's a real treat and pleasure to listen to. Go Jermaine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Now Sally is really good, but Jermaine is the next big singing star.His voice is spectacular,beautiful, musically he can perform any type of song. He's a real treat and pleasure to listen to. Go Jermaine:)

Yep, I'm so glad he won, totally outstanding, I was looking forward to his performance every week, though Will.i.am's craziness nearly overshadowed his talent, but I really would buy his music.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I thought Jermaine was brutal, himself and Wills rendition from Willy Wonka was shocking, it was so bad and out of tune, how he won is beyond me.

Advertisement