Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice UK 2014

Options
  • 19-12-2013 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭

Confirmed to start on 11 January:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s154/the-voice-uk/news/a539575/the-voice-uk-returns-to-bbc-one-on-january-11-2014.html

More PR-speak from Marvin, I notice. Can't he do better?

Anyway, one has to feel that this is make-or-break time for the show. The format changes in 2013 had little positive effect on the viewing figures, although the Beeb didn't help matters by waving the white flag at Simon Cowell and putting the later episodes up against Coronation Street instead.

For 2014, BGT is fully out of the picture, and there are two new presenters, two new judges and more than likely further tweaks to the format.

If none of these sweeping changes are adequately successful, then the plug will probably have to be pulled...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I like the new Judges line-up but I think it might already be too late for this show.

After the initial popularity of the spinning chairs, it never really captured the public imagination. And none of the contestants have made even a slight impact on the charts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

Good God what a horrible and creepy promo! I still can't believe Kylie has stooped to appearing on this show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ec37otgCjA

• Registered Users Posts: 85,661 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

bopper wrote: »
    Good God what a horrible and creepy promo! I still can't believe Kylie has stooped to appearing on this show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ec37otgCjA[/QUOTE]

^ WTF? Ricky Wilson looks very different, much slimmer and tanned

Here's another Coaches performance, a longer version of the last one.

Can't get I predict a Riot out of my Head, or something.

It's a shame they have to have contestants on this show :o

Also, Kylie looks amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

So no-one posted on this thread during the opening episode... :eek:

I didn't watch it myself - but from the Digital Spy thread and the numerous newspaper reviews, it appears that Kylie was the most spectacular thing about it by quite some margin.

No surprise, though, that it easily had the measure of Splash! in the ratings.

The black dude from The Streets was on it and is on Team Kylie now

I could not get over the transformation of Ricky Wilson, in his TOWIE makeover and slim down

So no-one posted on this thread during the opening episode... :eek:

I didn't watch it myself - but from the Digital Spy thread and the numerous newspaper reviews, it appears that Kylie was the most spectacular thing about it by quite some margin.

No surprise, though, that it easily had the measure of Splash! in the ratings.

I saw a bit of it. As I said earlier I really like the new Judges Line Up. Kylie is brilliant - Simon Cowell should have begged her to go on his show. I was very envious of the guy from The Streets who she took a shine to :D:o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Irish girl on this now that was on the Voice of Ireland last year - good voice but mightily annoying

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Sweet jebus she's annoying! Only came on here to see what others thought!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hedgehog2

Snap same as,
    Wanted to like her being shes Irish but could'nt help cringing as she just motored on and on.
    Possibly nerves and over excitement but you could almost see the other judges not trying too hard to win her over as she almost scared them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That man was really good, don't like the way the judges just expect someone else to turn sometimes..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭greenpilot

This is rubbish. That guy singing Cry me a River should have been picked. Instead they picked a long legged off tone bimbo.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Have to say the panel is really good this year, great mix.

Lovely voice, can't believe she's only 17, she's my favourite so far

leahyl wrote: »
    Irish girl on this now that was on the Voice of Ireland last year - good voice but mightily annoying

She was very ott and not that good vocally and 3 judges turned for her surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭arsenal1991

Will is bit crazy aint he haha?

Well, it looks like interest here on Boards has all but disappeared as the battle rounds get underway...

Must be just us, as the viewing figures (courtesy of BARB) have remained relatively stable:

11/01: 9.35m
    18/01: 8.88m
    25/01: 8.86m
    01/02: 9.37m
    08/02: 9.41m
    15/02: 8.77m

It's been second or third in BBC1's weekly top 30 for each of these six weeks - and, of course, it's splashed Thrash, I mean, thrashed Splash! :o:D

The impact Kylie's making must be very good, then. :) Just not so good on us. :o

I read this season has the best viewership, I'm baffled how as so far no contestant really interests me or stands out for me

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I read this season has the best viewership, I'm baffled how as so far no contestant really interests me or stands out for me

Well, don't forget, it's not up against BGT like the previous two series were. ;)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Kylie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

Skid X wrote: »
    Kylie :)

I really don't think so. Granted she's a damn sight better than Jessie J, but I think the time of year that they've broadcast the show this year has helped ratings considerably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Standard of the battles quite good this evening, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Phew! Exhausted after THE MATCH! YIPPEE! IRELAND ABU! Anyway back to singoffs.One decent singer so far, forget his name,sang George Michael song. Others all showed weaknesses galore.

Jamie, Leon,and george michael guy to go through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Lee and Leo

Tom's team , Georgia the belter what a singer entertainer! Stephen great, but Sally's performance was beautiful.

Iesha, Germaine, monkosi ? Spelling

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Making the judges cut from 7 to 3 was a bloodbath.
    Some serious talent got sent home, especially off Will.i.ams team.

Advertisement