Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good deal on Nokia Lumia - €79

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Haven't found cheaper than €28 but you can get the phone more or less at the same price with O2, Meteor and Vodafone so no need to unlock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

soirish wrote: »
    Haven't found cheaper than €28 but you can get the phone more or less at the same price with O2, Meteor and Vodafone so no need to unlock.

True, but quite a lot of people are with none of these. €28 is about 3 months credit for me as I'm with Tesco and get double credit on top up, wonder why the unlock is so expensive. It wouldn't put me off the phone but I'd still like to find a cheaper unlock, plus the fact I like to be free to move provider when I choose.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Haven't used this crowd myself but they seem to indicate that they can unlock it for €8.99

http://www.unlock-your-phones.com/html/unlocking.html?gclid=CIjdzozgw7sCFec92wodZk4ApQ

I used the eBay guy to get mine done, but I hadn't come across this company at that stage.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Haven't used this crowd myself but they seem to indicate that they can unlock it for €8.99

http://www.unlock-your-phones.com/html/unlocking.html?gclid=CIjdzozgw7sCFec92wodZk4ApQ

I used the eBay guy to get mine done, but I hadn't come across this company at that stage.

Seems to be hit and miss with them, either they are very good or very bad but the consensus seems to be, if they can't unlock your phone the chances of getting your money back are slim. None of the reviews I read mentioned a make of phone so IMO that would make the large number of favourable reviews less believable.
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/Mobile-Phone-Unlocking-Services/Unlock-Your-Phone-www-unlock-your-phones-com-reviews_1800139

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Read the terms and conditions,under liability it states you are paying for an advisory service where they 'advise you on the most efficient way to unlock your phone' and 'do not necessarily provide a direct unlock code'.

I wouldnt be wasting my money on that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

All the lumias seem to be expensive to unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dodge challenger

Worldgsmcodes.com are charging $31.50 for the unlock, bit cheaper than the lad on ebay. They take paypal so I guess you have some comeback if it doesn't work. Haven't tried them myself though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,717 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've used this crowd a few times without problems - including a Lumia 920

http://www.cellunlocker.net/unlock-nokia-lumia.php

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dodge challenger

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I've used this crowd a few times without problems - including a Lumia 920

http://www.cellunlocker.net/unlock-nokia-lumia.php

Tried my imei with them, they want $65 to unlock it :eek:

NATLOR wrote: »
    Read the terms and conditions,under liability it states you are paying for an advisory service where they 'advise you on the most efficient way to unlock your phone' and 'do not necessarily provide a direct unlock code'.

I wouldnt be wasting my money on that

Depends on how you read it. Theoretically, all sites only provide an advisory service, the actual unlocking is done by you but I can see why the wording would make you uneasy.

• Advertisement

bmaxi wrote: »
    Depends on how you read it. Theoretically, all sites only provide an advisory service, the actual unlocking is done by you but I can see why the wording would make you uneasy.

That plus the price, if it sounds too good to be true then usually it is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Whats to stop say me getting my girlfriend to buy one, request a unlock code and then I buy it off her?

jeffk wrote: »
    Whats to stop say me getting my girlfriend to buy one, request a unlock code and then I buy it off her?

Nothing at all..providing they give her the code

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

I don't think 02 will unlock it until you've topped up by €150 :eek:

edit:

Your phone must be registered on O2.ie and you must have topped up by €150 since you registered your phone.
    To prevent delays in getting your unlock code you should register your phone as soon as you buy it.

- don't know how strict they are on this though...

Just thinking as im on 48 , so have to go sim free or pay for unlocking if i upgrade my phone

i have an old account with meteor that my ma now uses , suppose i could do the same unlocking idea with that account

pm1977x wrote: »
    I don't think 02 will unlock it until you've topped up by €150 :eek:

edit:

Your phone must be registered on O2.ie and you must have topped up by €150 since you registered your phone.
    To prevent delays in getting your unlock code you should register your phone as soon as you buy it.

- don't know how strict they are on this though...

I think once you are a long standing customer they will provide the code.My partner had been with them for around 3 years,she got a new phone, requested the unlock code and got it straight away,then switched to 48 :D

I was with three just over a year and they had to go to Nokia as they hadn't got the code and they did , even when i said i was changing network

food for though for people looking to get free unlocking

I was with three just over a year and they had to go to Nokia as they hadn't got the code and they did , even when i said i was changing network

food for though for people looking to get free unlocking

Best to tell you are going abroad for work or something,thats worked for me before

Advertisement