Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LPA Pool Cup

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,733 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

logging in now.

If you can read this, you're too close!

best of 7 ben :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Ben Horne

Sorry lost connection there. Currenty 5-2 in favour of Ben Horne.

6-4!

6-5, going down to the wire!

• Advertisement

7-5 to Ben.

Well done. Was great fun :D

Thanks SW, that was tremendous fun. I got a rub o' the green to take the first couple of games but it was touch and go for the rest. Good games.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Do Me & Shiminay have to play best of 5 or best of 7?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Do Me & Shiminay have to play best of 5 or best of 7?

You and Shim play best of nine, or fist to five...but only if you wanna play them... the five rounds we played earlier were for tournament seeding purposes, and shim and I were the only ones yet to be determined after the 4th round, so only play if you want lith (and shim).

The tournament knock-out round is best of 13, or first to seven.

Unless I am understanding that wrong, Grid???

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

TommieBoy wrote: »
    You and Shim play best of nine, or fist to five...but only if you wanna play them... the five rounds we played earlier were for tournament seeding purposes, and shim and I were the only ones yet to be determined after the 4th round, so only play if you want lith (and shim).

The tournament knock-out round is best of 13, or first to seven.

Unless I am understanding that wrong, Grid???

Yep that's corrrect!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well i've sent Shim a PM, though me thinks he may have dozed off for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Well Grid my man will you be around tonight for our matchup? I'm ready to lay the smackdown on ya!!! :pac:

Will try be around after 9pm Jebber.....if not tomorrow man!;)

I lost my connection in the second game Shim, sorry... Epic first game you!

...will try and catch you another time, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

stereo spanked me 7-4 should have been 7 0 !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

Great game kupus I thought I was going to lose that I can't remember what the final score was it was either 7-4 or 7-5
    I was 6-1 up then began cracking up I thought Oh No kupus is going to beat be again with the mother of comebacks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

kupus wrote: »
    stereo spanked me 7-4 should have been 7 0 !!!
    I'd started the game with a lot of luck on my side it could have easily been won by you kupus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

I'll be out in the 1st round of the next tournament- that's for sure.

You about Jeb???

Yep, will log in if you're ready to go?

• Advertisement

The loser's lounge is the hoppin' place to be so :D ...join de club ;)

Well done Johnny, very well played:)..

ChampagneAli 5 - 7 Johnny

I beat Grid 7-5. Great match man, you were terribly unlucky with the way it ended but them's the breaks I guess. At 5-2 down I thought I hadn't a hope but somehow I pulled off the improbable.

I'd started the game with a lot of luck on my side it could have easily been won by you kupus

I dont think it was ever in doubt stereo. especially after you potted everything in one go in the 1st game. If i win the next one I meet you again :) I think it was 7-5 cos I remember laughing away to myself thinking Im going to pull this one out of the bag again:pac::pac:. THe people around must have thought I was a mentaler.
    right ill get some practice in for the next round and start playing with a proper mouse. im missing way too many shots by either cueing too soft or by cueing wrong and then not knowing how to reset the cue action.
    Friggin game is addictive.

Can anybody tell me how to reset the cue position once I have dragged back on the cue using the mousepad on the laptop, or do I have to continue and take the shot if cueing action has started. Which is what i think cos I cant see any option so I just have to take the shot knowing I will miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

@kupus never tried mousepad, but if you bring cue-tip back to the ball without releasing, should work.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    @kupus never tried mousepad, but if you bring cue-tip back to the ball without releasing, should work.

thats the problem, it doesnt for me. its probably just a knack and i havent got it yet. im using the pad thingy on the laptop and im always afraid ill underhit which i end up doing.

thats the problem, it doesnt for me. its probably just a knack and i havent got it yet. im using the pad thingy on the laptop and im always afraid ill underhit which i end up doing.

I can test it on mine later, & report back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That's just what you want us to think..............and then bammmmmm! You go allll the way .

Can anybody tell me how to reset the cue position once I have dragged back on the cue using the mousepad on the laptop, or do I have to continue and take the shot if cueing action has started. Which is what i think cos I cant see any option so I just have to take the shot knowing I will miss.
    I can test it on mine later, & report back.

Just checked & that works on the mousepad on laptop here., release left "mouse button " on pad as well.

• Advertisement

I dont think it was ever in doubt stereo. especially after you potted everything in one go in the 1st game. If i win the next one I meet you again :) I think it was 7-5 cos I remember laughing away to myself thinking Im going to pull this one out of the bag again:pac::pac:. THe people around must have thought I was a mentaler.
    right ill get some practice in for the next round and start playing with a proper mouse. im missing way too many shots by either cueing too soft or by cueing wrong and then not knowing how to reset the cue action.
    Friggin game is addictive.

it acts up for me more often than not - thought I was doing something wrong, but I did it the exact same way every time and half the time it worked, half it didnt - is kinda frustrating

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement