Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum to Become Commercial Bingo Centre

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I have to say that by comparison to their previous gigs I thought this was a lot less advertised. It was the first of their Waterford gigs I've ever missed due to being on a work night out which was a pity.

Just watch though, they'll go and get well-known this coming year and the whole town will be giving out about them not coming home to play.

I didn't hear anything about the gig, shame would have loved to go see the boys play.
    You would think with a handful of gigs left there they would advertise them right.
    Maybe that's why it's becoming a bingo hall !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭dzilla

As in you reckon they're well-known already or won't ever be?

I reckon if their current project doesn't make emdey will prob go their separate ways.... i like them.... jus think that the vibe is with bands like the coronas n original rudeboys at the moment who arent as good as em but get the crowds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

dzilla wrote: »
    I reckon if their current project doesn't make emdey will prob go their separate ways.... i like them.... jus think that the vibe is with bands like the coronas n original rudeboys at the moment who arent as good as em but get the crowds

Yeah but apparently they're very close to signing for a label that would actually suit them as opposed to Universal. I think if that happens, it'd be the final push. It's terrible to see because they're far superior to 95% of Irish output at the moment but aren't "commercial". I really think they'd have a market in the UK but you'd just need the right representation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭dzilla

Yup. I dont know how labels etc work. I knkw they where popular in Germany?

dzilla wrote: »
    Yup. I dont know how labels etc work. I knkw they where popular in Germany?

Yeah they have a following there alright. Wallis Bird seems to be making a living from being based there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Yeah but apparently they're very close to signing for a label that would actually suit them as opposed to Universal. I think if that happens, it'd be the final push. It's terrible to see because they're far superior to 95% of Irish output at the moment but aren't "commercial". I really think they'd have a market in the UK but you'd just need the right representation.

The lads have been nominated for the Choice Music Award amongst the likes of Kodaline, Little Green Cars and others. Nice bit of coverage for them.

The lads have been nominated for the Choice Music Award amongst the likes of Kodaline, Little Green Cars and others. Nice bit of coverage for them.

Yeah I saw that. They were nominated for 'Hither Thither' too.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lady Thor

I love the forum, going to miss it

Advertisement