Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BG Auto's - funny business

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Damien360

Nah he's a regular poster on here....you can get away with saying that to the people with one or two posts

It is called a joke. Old thread needs humour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

My cover is blown!! Ha! Not at all! In fairness I traded that same car in to another garage and they were asking me questions about the other guy who was working there as apparently he was rather unprofessional in their dealings with them. I'm wondering is it this BG fella. Chap with an English accent..

• Registered Users Posts: 27 legaleagle2010

Had an awful experience here in the past few weeks...

Organised to go look at a car from South of the country, was told all was ok to view it on a Sat morning and that the car would be ready that day if happy with it. We arrived, were happy with the car and wanted to take it there and then but were told by Ben that the car needed a valet and full service before we brought it home. Waste of journey!

It had a FSH book in it. This was a Saturday and he said it would be ready Monday evening. Monday came and the car wasnt ready. .. he said it would then be Tuesday evening as it was locked in the mechanics garage! We arrived Tuesday evening to collect the car and paid in full.

The next day an engine malfunction warning came up on the car. I called a text the company and found it a absolute nightmare to get anybody to come back to me, one excuse after another, I called and text on the hour every hour until I got an answer but no reply. I told them the car isnt fit for purpose and that it wasnt what they described it as being.

I drove the car up on the Saturday and demanded a refund , they said it was OK and that the boss would sort me out on the day - when we arrived we were told the boss was away and that i needed to wait until the following week. I was told i could have my money back but a red haired fellow (driving a taxi arrived), came into the office a started cursing and shouting that I was getting a refund which it totally unprofessional as I didnt know who he was or didnt see him before.

these lads seem to be dodgy and appear to be total gangsters. It turns out the service book was not belong to the car at all and that it wasnt serviced like he said it would be.

After pointing out that they sold it with a false service history etc i did get my money back, luckily. I will not be dealing with this company again -- AVOID

He told me when leaving - "i sold that car for more than you paid for it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Are they SIMI registered? I know someone who looked at a car in that garage a few months back and they walked away without making a purchase. I've just looked at the stock list. They've a lot of nice looking and expensive motors. Value is quite big almost 7 figures. Is it a Bill Griffin garage hence the BG?

bbability wrote: »
    Are they SIMI registered? I know someone who looked at a car in that garage a few months back and they walked away without making a purchase. I've just looked at the stock list. They've a lot of nice looking and expensive motors. Value is quite big almost 7 figures. Is it a Bill Griffin garage hence the BG?

No they are not simi registered. they have lots of nice cars there. I'd say they churn them in and out to be honest. Lots with high milage they are way over priced. I think Brendan is the owner, so not a bill griffin garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Being S.I.M.I. registered means diddly squat as far as a buyer is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Nothing wrong with high mileage cars from the UK, if they were low mileage everyone would be giving out. Same with any used car dealer though, do your checks, eyes wide open, caveat emptor and all that. Sorry for your trouble Legaleagle, sounds like a shower.

Nothing wrong with high mileage cars from the UK, if they were low mileage everyone would be giving out. Same with any used car dealer though, do your checks, eyes wide open, caveat emptor and all that. Sorry for your trouble Legaleagle, sounds like a shower.

thanks, I did all the usual checks. i should have trusted my gut feeling about the place that turned out to be right!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 oconnn1

I saw a car on Carzone so I called them yesterday afternoon. The guy I spoke to said the car was in and I could see it this morning.

So I called over earlier this morning for a look around. Nobody came near me while I was there and I couldn't see the car in the yard so I eventually asked about this car.

Apparently a staff member had the car and he was off until Monday.

Take from that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

bbability wrote: »
    I've often drove past the sign and wondered is it another Bill Griffin garage? BG Autos
    There's also BG motors in Farranfore in Kerry everything above board as I've dealt with them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement