We have updated our Privacy Notice, you can read the updated document here
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

World Vaping Organisation

13»

Comments

  • #2


    wingnut32 wrote: »
    Without Vendors there are no vapers. You have made your feeling clear about this already, nobody is twisting your arm to join. All of us need to stand together vendors and vapers alike, especially when we are living in a country that has NO organisation to go to for help.

    I disagree completely, without Vapers there are no vendors, you have not addressed my concerns about transparency and accountability of monies donated...please do.


  • #2


    wingnut32 wrote: »
    Folks,

    full address will be changed to optional, email and country will be required for when changes take place today. Please do not let this put you off registering for this.

    Cheers

    Paul.

    Paul,

    Can we get rid of teh phone number requirment too please?

    Thanks


  • #2


    Patrick it is a two way street we both need each other, but we also need something for everyone to get behind.

    Regarding the accounts there is an email address on the VWO website. Please send your queries to this email address and the Secretary will only be to happy to answer your questions.


  • #2


    wingnut32 wrote: »
    Patrick it is a two way street we both need each other, but we also need something for everyone to get behind.

    Regarding the accounts there is an email address on the VWO website. Please send your queries to this email address and the Secretary will only be to happy to answer your questions.

    No, it is not a two way street, demand always precedes supply, unless you are a marketing guy who always believe the opposite....

    Why on earth should I have to mail you to get an answer on transparency and accountability? Do you not see that outrageous paradox in your logic?


  • #2


    Jaysus dePatrick :)

    I agree it would be good if the spendings of the donations etc were published on the WVO site. It would certainly help people see where their donations are going.

    But at the end of the day, you say you're not interested in fighting this one as you're getting too old, you don't like the idea of WVO and would prefer the resistance stayed the way it was etc.

    So why do you really give a fup? It's like you're more interested right now in fighting against the idea of a WVO but you said before something along the lines that you're too old for this ****e now and you just let everyone else get on with it as long as they leave you alone.

    I'd ask you would you be so kind to extend the same courtesy here and leave us to it in that case?

    Unless you're saying now that you want to be part of it / us then that's a different story. Help us with suggestions to try and make things better with a positive attitude rather than a negative one.


  • #2


    wingnut32 wrote: »
    Folks,

    full address will be changed to optional, email and country will be required for when changes take place today. Please do not let this put you off registering for this.

    Cheers

    Paul.

    Paul you may want to have another word with him. If you absolutely must request sensitive data like address and phone number then you should be using https. Until the site does use https I would strongly recommend people only submit their email and country. I support the organisation but you don't want the first job of your laywers to be defending the collecting of personal data over the web in an unsecured manner.


  • #2


    Relax Sticky, this is me having a conversation, you have not seen me fighting.. ..not by a long shot...

    The questions I am asking are valid and should be addressed and should be done right now at the start.


  • #2


    Not saying your fighting dePartrick just that I would prefer a more positive approach with your questions / suggestions.

    "Why on earth should I have to mail you to get an answer on transparency and accountability? Do you not see that outrageous paradox in your logic?"

    I would think saying something like Wingnut wouldn't it be better to have a page showing how much you've had in donations so far and what those donations have been spent on for everyone to see? This would give a much better image of transparency for WVO. What do you think about this Wingnut?

    Ya know? That's what I'm saying.

    Mewso - good stuff on picking that up mate. Hopefully Wingnuts picks this message up soon and get's it over to the WVO webmaster.


  • #2


    Am not too impressed with my real name being used either, very sloppy tbh....could not gave a damm about it really, as there is nothing I would write on here that I would not shout out on the street.....but sloppy for someone selling a World Organisation....


  • #2


    Mewso that is a very valid point and in my brief conversation with Georgio they were bringing in more people to help with the site (disclaimers etc.)

    It has been a massive undertaking so far and the response has exceeded everyone's expectations in such a short space of time. As I said it is rough around the edges, but with the continued support at this rate all of the issues will be ironed out very shortly.

    Any other suggestions are welcome and each one will be taken onboard. I will try and update this forum with information as soon as it comes to me.

    Cheers for the support so far everybody!!


  • #2


    recommendation - remove the "read more..." link from the home page. Why not just have all the information clear to see without having to click a button to reveal it all? I don't get it.

    Also the our friends in Germany banner on the left is a bit distracting and confusing.... I would have our friends on a separate page, not the home page.

    The over all design of the site is a bit out dated already. The find WVO on facebook and esp the twitter button aren't the clearest or best choice of font and colour. The list goes on but those are some of the main things :)


  • #2


    wingnut32 wrote: »

    Fix that link wingnuts?

    Right now it's just taking me here http://tasteyourjuice.com/.../the-world-vaping-organisation/ which has an error message.

    The problem is that /.../ part

    edit: Found the working link

    http://tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/2013/12/18/the-world-vaping-organisation/


  • #2


    Thought it was Phil Hogan you were talking about first ha ha


  • #2


    Guys - just some comments - firstly hats off to the people that have kicked this project off - I for one have signed up and would urge everyone to do so.

    I do have some misgivings - as I think it will be very difficult to get everyone on the same page - I also think that the direction of funding and funding choices will be a contentious topic.

    I have already signed up and indeed I have no problems donating to this down the line however I would suggest that people should have the ability to give targeted donations as well
    For example if an Irish medical research project was to be kicked off by the organisation or a third party quality check on available eliquids on the irish market - it would be nice to donate to that specifically.

    If some things like the above were to be produced - a medical unbiased report based on research - then I also think that people would be more inclined to give general donations down the line to keep the organisation running.


  • #2


    dePeatrick wrote: »
    No, it is not a two way street, demand always precedes supply, unless you are a marketing guy who always believe the opposite....

    Why on earth should I have to mail you to get an answer on transparency and accountability? Do you not see that outrageous paradox in your logic?

    This is a new up and coming professional organisation, that I'm sure will be totally transparent and accountable to all it's 'members' and as time sees fit to the general public, and like any and every organisation in the middle off a massive worldwide debate,fight ,battle whatever you want to call it... It surely isn't a big ask to private mail members on certain issues!!


  • #2


    iba wrote: »
    That is very interesting that they have added the extra fields of; full name, home address and telephone number since you registered, I am guessing, a couple of days ago.

    Call me cyncial if you will but I am really asking myself now why would they add these extra fields.

    Regards

    It makes total 'professional' sense, especially for an organisation like this, which I 'assume' will be involved in huge worldwide debates in the future!


  • #2


    I think a World Vaping Organisation is a fantastic idea, there is the World Health Organisation, who don't seem to have health at their heart, here in the UK, we have the MHRA who also don't have health at their heart and a Government which just simply doesn't have a heart.

    The WVO has been set up to assert not just authority but to bring together cohesion and unity, instead of disjointed campaigns which bicker with each other.

    I personally don't mind if they have my name, address and telephone number, because I want to stand up and be counted and I can't do that anonymously. I'm not ashamed to say I'm a vaper, I'm not a criminal so don't have anything to hide, if people aren't on the side of the vaping community and want to be able to vape as freely as they do today, then this isn't an Organisation for you to be joining - so why the long debate?

    I feel let down by certain MEP's who gave assurances during a long campaign recently that they would do their utmost to ensure that only advertising on electronic cigarettes and no selling to under 18's and non-smokers would be a regulation they were looking for, instead they've returned to the UK with a piece of paper that shafts anyone who vapes, but protects big tobacco, huge pharamaceuticals and of course they make it sound like a Victory for Vapers - just how stupid to they think we are?

    I read this yesterday http://www.rationaloptimist.com/blog/regulation-of-vaping-could-kill-people.aspx and this is from a man who is not a smoker, never has been but a completely unbiased view as to what consumer rights, human rights and health rights are all about. Take a read, make your stand, either join or don't, just as with vaping, it's a right to choose (until now), the same goes for joining the WVO! Linda Reid


  • #2


    PUT YOURSELF FORWARD

    Hi to all

    The WVO has now been launched for a week, We have about 2300 members. Over 90% of those are vapers and about 200 are vendors. The results from the first week are not bad neither great. Let be honest, for this organisation to have any serious power we need to reach the milestone which is about 50,000 members in our opinion. So we have a lot of work to do in order to reach this number.

    Over the last week we realised that there is a certain mistrust between vapers and vendors. The fact that my name as eBaron is underneath the manifesto has created much suspicion between vapers all over the world thinking that this is nothing more than another trade organisation that wants to manipulate the market. This is so far away from the truth, however the fact remains that the vapers are rightly suspicious.

    Another major problem that we have is that we are overwhelmed with messages, emails and work that needs to be done, and at the moment unfortunately cannot be done. Basically, we cannot cope. This organisation will need one or two full-time personnel in order to cope. As you understand something like that cannot happen until there are elected directors that can take over and spend the money however they see fit.

    Based on the above, we need seriously passionate vapers to step-up and take over the WVO. We will need one person to take over for each of the following regions/countries:

    UK
    Ireland
    France
    Italy
    Spain
    Greece
    Germany
    USA

    In addition we will need one person non-vendor, somebody with a specific weight in the vaping world, somebody that the majority of vapers trust, that will take the lead of all the organisation today and organise the elections over the next month.

    Hopefully, if we find the above 9 people, these people can run for the elections and the work that they did for the organisation before hand may be rewarded by the members voting for them. The plan for the elections is to be held on January through the website.

    It is absolutely essential, if you would seriously like this organisation to succeed, for these leaders to be found immediately. The most important is the overall leader that would organise the elections.

    As you know, as eBaron, my aim was to kick start this organisation and then move to the sidelines as an ordinary member. I stick to that. I am not the correct person to be a leader of an organisation such as this because of my status as a major vendor and to be honest I do not have the capabilities and qualities to do such a thing. Over the last few months myself as well as several people from the founder members have put a lot of work, time and money for this organisation to to begin and I believe our work at the front is almost complete.


    Have a wonderful Christmas.
    Georgio / eBaron


  • #2


    hi guys
    just wanna bring another org to your attention: www.efvi.eu European Free Vaping Initiative - a European Citizens' Initiative
    you can help your own cause by giving your signature to them to be able to officially meet an eu delegation, have a public hearing and potentially propose legislation to the eu (details here: http://ec.europa.eu/citizens-initiative/public/basic-facts)


  • #2


    I joined the other day - very important and informative !


  • #2


    that's great. and vaping is really a better choice for regular smokers. you're doing a great thing. thanks for you all.


Society & Culture