Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

World Vaping Organisation

• 15-12-2013 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

MANIFESTO
    We are a non-profit organisation. We are here to become the muscle of vaping worldwide. We are here to defend against dubious politicians, rogue scientists, controlled media, bias public organisations, and anybody else who hides behind them. Our approach will be swift and powerful, with a team of scientists as advisors, a small army of white collar solicitors as executors, and a monstrous PR agency to spread our word.
    We believe that Vaping is not smoking and eliquid is not a medicine, neither tobacco. In fact this is our only policy. It is about time that everybody out there learns that a vaping device is not another cigarette. It is about time all of us, vapers, vendors, reviewers, forums and trade organisations become united. We all may have differing agendas and there may be many ways to reach our targets but the aim is the same for all of us. We are NOT here to create policy within the vaping community and our industry, neither to take any ones side. We are here simply to defend vaping for you.
    LET'S UNITE
    This organisation is destined to become massive. It has to be in order to achieve it's purpose. It will be supported by scientists. lawyers and PR. Whenever it's necessary we will defend hard and we will strike at their weakest point. We have nothing to hide - they do. We may not be able to promise you a safe haven for the vaping cause, but we can promise to all of you that once WVO is operational everyone will have to think very carefully before attacking vaping again - we will respond fast and strike hard.
    Fellow vapers, vendors, forums, reviewers, trade organisations, associations, LET'S UNITE NOW we are all simply vapers.
    Fellow Vapers.
    We are not just another organisation. We are here to take serious action and WE NEED YOU ALL. Please make no mistakes, do not dismiss this message. Please register on our website now www.worldvaping.org The membership is free, even though we have a paypal account for donations. Even one single euro will make a difference as our only source of funding is us.
    Fellow Vapers, WVO is not a trade organisation. It will be run by you. You will be the biggest force behind it. You will elect the Board, and that means that the decisions will be made by you. We need you in huge numbers. Ask your family and friends to become members. It's about time we showed to the bureaucrats in the EU and National Governments that we have power and that we can bite hard. We do not need thousands, we need hundreds of thousands.
    Fellow Vendors
    We are not here to create policy or make policies within our industry. Be on our side. Become part of something big and let your voice be heard. Please become members as a vendor and request your staff to do the same as vapers. Membership is free but please donate to our paypal whatever you can spare. There will be several ways created in the near future for all vendors to help financially, within this organisation. WE NEED YOU ALL.
    Fellow Organisations
    We are not in competition. In fact we are here to work together and fight your legal battles if needed. We are your muscle. We do not aim to create policy. The fact is that when you negotiate, your position will be much stronger if your opponents know that behind you there is an organisation that bites. So, be part of WVO and become members as an Organisation. Please also request from all your members to do the same and become members of WVO either as vendors or vapers.
    Forums and Reviewers
    You are the biggest force of vaping. This Organisation needs you more than ever. Create threads, Youtube presentations of our cause, and spread the word to everybody. Please become part of the WVO.
    eBaron
    Temporary Chairman, on behalf of WVO Founder Members

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Ionised

Just got this via email from House of Liquids....for a moment or two I wondered if it was real.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Its real :) Ireland had alot to do with this, so we need your help guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Ionised

Just got another email from your good self I do beleive!

Happy to help out in any way...I'll pass the word to my fellow vapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gavb

Done. Let's kick some ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sakiboy

Registered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭colly10

Just signed up, I'd encourage everyone to donate whatever they can to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 georgia010

Registered. Thanks for making this happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I am keeping my tinfoil hat firmly on my head for this one....:)

Folks,

just a quick update, 1300 members now in less than a day. There has been teething problems but an outstanding response nonetheless, fair play to you! Expect to see some bigger names getting involved this week :)

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Folks,

just a quick update, 1300 members now in less than a day. There has been teething problems but an outstanding response nonetheless, fair play to you! Expect to see some bigger names getting involved this week :)

Bigger names....please explain?

• Advertisement

dePeatrick its only day one and there are a number of people within the vaping community that are being contacted, so we could expect some of these people to come on board and support the org soon.

dePeatrick its only day one and there are a number of people within the vaping community that are being contacted, so we could expect some of these people to come on board and support the org soon.

So who are the people behind this organisation?

www.worldvaping.org Have a look at the board section. The driving force is the maker of your beloved cigarillos, Ebaron or Georgio Gearkios.

www.worldvaping.org Have a look at the board section. The driving force is the maker of your beloved cigarillos, Ebaron or Georgio Gearkios.
    I took it that the concept...if it is a concept, is that it was driven by vapers, not by companies.....seems to be very company friendly to me tbh....an army of PR people, accountants, solicitors......

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

They also have a facebook page here.

Everyone needs to register on their website and like their facebook page! Lets get the numbers of this thing into the hundreds of thousands and become and unstoppable force.

dePeatrick wrote: »
    I took it that the concept...if it is a concept, is that it was driven by vapers, not by companies.....seems to be very company friendly to me tbh....an army of PR people, accountants, solicitors......

It will be driven by everyone, elections will soon take place for the board, the people that will pick the fights. It doesn't matter who you are when those elections take place. Membership to far is 75/25 vapers/vendors.

StickyIcky wrote: »
    They also have a facebook page here.

Everyone needs to register on their website and like their facebook page! Lets get the numbers of this thing into the hundreds of thousands and become and unstoppable force.

Well said Simon.

It will be driven by everyone, elections will soon take place for the board, the people that will pick the fights. It doesn't matter who you are when those elections take place. Membership to far is 75/25 vapers/vendors.

So for every three vapers there is one vendor......seems very vendor driven to me...and not to forget click that button and give a euro to a "non profit org" where have we heard that before? And why just one vendor pushing this....where is bestshop, Vaperus etc.....???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Think I saw most of the Irish sites on the list. Got a few emails today as well from a number of them.

dePeatrick wrote: »
    So for every three vapers there is one vendor......seems very vendor driven to me...and not to forget click that button and give a euro to a "non profit org" where have we heard that before? And why just one vendor pushing this....where is bestshop, Vaperus etc.....???

dePeatrick have you read the site in the link I gave you..the full list of founding members is there including the best shop. To be honest I dont think you have heard it anywhere here in Ireland, why, because nothing has been done in Ireland before. There is no Vendors association or Consumers association here, sure there are great people who are in contact with MEP's who do great work but its fragmented. We are 5 years behind the UK, Vapers here have been calling for something like this for a long time now and guess what..its a start. And if we dont have a start we are nowhere.

• Advertisement

I can't see any list of founding members, would you care to put it up here on Boards so we can all take a look at it?

No Problem :

There is a couple more to be added to the list but this is the core,

House Of Liquid UK / Vendor
    Concept Liquids / Vendor
    House Of Mods / Vendor
    T- Juice / Vendor
    Worm N Proton / Reviewers
    Romastino / Reviewer
    Smoke For Fun / Vendor
    Vapoclope / Vendor
    Vapologue / Reviewer
    House Of Liquid Germany / Vendor
    Julio Ruades Esteban / Reviewer
    Todo Vapor / Vendor
    House Of Liquid Spain / Vendor
    ezSmoke.ie / Vendor
    Vaporium - The Ploom Room / Vendor
    The Best Shop / Vendor
    Stefan Ludwig / Vaper
    Andrew Watchorn / Reviewer
    e-Smoke Ireland / Vendor
    House Of Liquid Ireland / Vendor
    Ecirette Solutions / Vendor
    Vaporium / Vendor
    Vapourpal / Vendor
    House Of Liquid Morocco / Vendor
    Sweet Point SARL / Vendor
    House Of Liquid Italia / Vendor
    New Cigarette / Vendor
    LTD Trent / Vendor
    Atomo Sales / Vendor
    Dogaru Moiara Mirela
    DKS e-liquid
    Gewre / Reviewer
    SmartSmoke / Vendor
    Atmokipos / Vendor
    Vaporsolutions.gr / Vendor
    Ellanios / Vaper
    Dr Anti-Smoke / Vendor
    Kyr Fanis / Vendor
    Mpixlimpidi / Vendor
    ReplaceSmoke / Vendor
    Hlektroniko Tsigaro Katerini / Vendor
    Greek Vapes / Vendor
    NicQuid E-Liquids Europe / Vendor
    Vapeclub / Vendor
    iPath / Vendor
    Ellines Atmistes / YouTube Channel
    Tobaccoland.gr / Vendor
    Vape Store / Vendor
    El Toro Hellas / Vendor
    House Of Liquid Greece / Vendor
    Vapeland.gr / Vendor
    House Of Liquid Australia / Vendor
    Ecig Life / Vendor
    Hause Of Vapers / Vendor
    House Of Liquid Philippines / Vendor
    House Of Liquid Malaysia / Vendor
    Thirsty Vapors / Vendor
    SecondHand Vapor / Reviewer
    House of Liquid Russia / Vendor
    Marko Lepisto / Forum

Thank you, as you can see, this new organisation is based on vendors.....fair enough....but I am not at all happy with you saying it is vaper driven, it is not, it is vendor driven....and rushing towards paying PR machines, accountants and solicitors......where have we seen this all before?

Im sorry you feel that way, you dont have to donate or even sign up. In fairness when it comes to legal issues etc. people have to be paid thats just the way the world works. The fight we are fighting is against people with lots of money! And again you will have not seen anyone in Ireland asking for a penny vaping related before

Cheers

Paul.

I have to put this laptop down now as my eyes are watering after 11 hours..lol. I just wanted to say a big thanks to all the vapers who have signed up and donated it really has been incredible.

Im sure some have you have gotten comments from people about how ecigs are worse than cigarettes, and that they are bad for you etc. These comments have come from people that have been misinformed by bogus articles/reports in the media. This organisation is going to stop the bogus brown envelope media crap and hold people accountable for what they say through the media. We have a voice and it will be heard.

This country has had nothing like this before and with your help we will put Ireland on the map, defend your right for a healthy alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

As a vendor, I don't normally post here, but do pop in for a look every now again. The WVO is setup to represent all vapers. The easiest way to get the word out was by using the vendors. The board as of yet has to be elected, and although I think that vendor participation is important, the WVO will ONLY work if there is huge support from vapers, and I would be very surprised if vapers do not have a major role to play in the WVO. It will not succeed without the support of the vaping public.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

OK. This is a good idea. An org to represent vapers is needed and vapers are in no way going to do this off their own backs until it's too late. The problem is it's vendor start point, talk about astro truff allegations? this plays right into their hands. Unfortuniatly it will be tainted by any connection to a vested interest.

None the less a large movement is needed to give a voice to users, a proper voice not just twitter or facebook groups.
    One that has some PR muscle, some legal acumen and some public health credibility. I can't see how this could happen any other way.
    If the TPD goes through as it's currently rumored to be then any vendor support will make this organisational illegal, we have a clear and present danger so the rush is understandable. This needs to be up and running as proposed as soon as possible.
    I'v signed up and will make a donation when its up and running. I wish (and I'm sure the founders do too ) that this had happened spontaneously from the grassroots but nothing ever dose so lets thank who ever actually did make the first move. Lets get behind this because we will need all hands on deck to fight our case in the next 12 to 18 months.

As to having concerns about the money, as long as a clear account is kept and published we should be ok. I say should as donations have taken a bit of a beating recently, don't let that put you off either from supporting this (or any other charity) if you like wait and see how you feel when it going. But sign up now!
    Lets be Big Juice, or Big eCig, or Big Whatever the Daily Mail call us.

The anti ecig ban campaigns slogan is Nothing about us, without us, this is where 'us' get a say!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭colly10

I can't understand the issue with there being a large number of vendors involved. We all have a lot to loose but they stand to loose the most so it makes sense that they would make up a good percentage of the numbers.

I would image that they are likely to be providing most of the funding and the more funding the better for us because their interests are our interests.

What's wrong with positive PR and legal representation, this is what the vaping world needs, currently the fight is only coming from the opposition.

Even if vaping is banned and nothing is solved , I am still happy to support a group that ensures that people who spread lies with no basis are punished and the more I see this happen the more I will happily support the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

great stuff...signed in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Wiggy

Tried to register, but nothing happens.
    Is it incompatible with Internet Explorer 10?

Advertisement