Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ode to a thieving scumbag.......

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

LOL. A bored gard with a notebook and somewhere else to be more like.

Yeah...they never solve a damn case...dont know why we have them.Shocking waste of money etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

chopper6 wrote: »
    Yeah...they never solve a damn case...dont know why we have them.Shocking waste of money etc etc
    You're gonna tell me now that they send the csi to ordinary burglaries right? And have a 99% clear-up rate? I wasn't knocking the gards anyway. It's a burglary, there's a limit to what they can do. Anyway, your DNA comment kinda shows a lack of day to day reality. Do you live in Ireland? DNA? For a minor burglary? hah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

You're gonna tell me now that they send the csi to ordinary burglaries right? And have a 99% clear-up rate? I wasn't knocking the gards anyway. It's a burglary, there's a limit to what they can do. Anyway, your DNA comment kinda shows a lack of day to day reality. Do you live in Ireland? DNA? For a minor burglary? hah.

Instead of sending out a csi team, maybe send out students to get some experience.
    Would make for a great tv programme aswel. Six irish forensics students (3 male & 3 female) living in a house together, going out partying and solving crimes. And finding out who left the seaman stains on the sheets.

CSI Tallaghtfornia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

i had a window broken by thugs, the guardai ignored it and fathers making a complaint to the ombudsman

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭myIdea

What goes around comes around.

Very true... It might take days/weeks or even years... chances are they will get caught doing something else. The only problem I have with that is, even if they are caught at a close by address, the guards can try and pin your burglary on them as-well, to which they won't care about, because we have a concurrent sentencing system:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

They'll never do time, even if caught red handed. Judge will look at their records, see 200 + convictions, scumbag will say he is on the scratcher or the disability, has a massive heroine habit but want's to get off it, has 20 kids and a sick ma etc. Will walk free. Ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭Bananatop

Pen.Island wrote: »
    And I agree with him, not sure why the OP is getting thanked for the post.

The OP is getting thanked for her post because she has treated the invasion of her home and property as an unfortunate blip in life that can't be helped. An invasion carried out by people who will always exist no matter how well the economy goes. There were no calls from the OP that the thieves should be thrown into jail for the rest of their lives/strung up/castrated etc, as she knows these are highly disproportionate responses to a break in where nothing was stolen, and thankfully no was injured.

So the next time something unfortunate happens to any of us, instead of taking it as a sign that everyone's against us, it might serve us well to think of this thread and be thankful for everything good that's happening in our lives.

Thank you again for the post OP, and Happy Christmas.

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Do you think the gardai will do anything about it?

HAHA good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Sorry to hear about your break in OP. Been here twice myself.
    I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope on the Gardai doing much about it tho, because the last time I got broken in to, all they did was post me out the address of a local place that provides counselling services. Not really what I had in mind to be honest.
    I'd have preferred to see the scum having their hands amputated.

Bananatop wrote: »
    The OP is getting thanked for her post because she has treated the invasion of her home and property as an unfortunate blip in life that can't be helped. An invasion carried out by people who will always exist no matter how well the economy goes. There were no calls from the OP that the thieves should be thrown into jail for the rest of their lives/strung up/castrated etc, as she knows these are highly disproportionate responses to a break in where nothing was stolen, and thankfully no was injured.

So the next time something unfortunate happens to any of us, instead of taking it as a sign that everyone's against us, it might serve us well to think of this thread and be thankful for everything good that's happening in our lives.

Thank you again for the post OP, and Happy Christmas.
    I'll be honest with you Banana, it's not about possessions being taken, it's the invasion of ones privacy.
    That outweighs the material stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

tallus wrote: »
    I'll be honest with you Banana, it's not about possessions being taken, it's the invasion of ones privacy.

Absolutely.

This is our second breakin in a decade.
    We live in rural Ireland,all of our neighbours have been hit twice in recent years-despite having alarms.
    We are luckiest,as nothing taken on both occasions.

I didn't start the thread looking for thanks.
    I'm not that shallow.

I was/am pi$$ed off to think that someone has such little regard for others and their property.
    And somehow,it's tolerated by letting these ....creatures,if caught, get away with it.

My last break in was about two years ago and I still expect to find yet another break in when I get home every day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭Bananatop

tallus wrote: »

I would 100% agree.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

People complaining about the cops, what do you expect them to do?

Look at crimewatch, people caught clearly on CCTV yet they still have to broadcast on national TV to try and catch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭DUBLINIRL

Can you post CCTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

10 years later??

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭randd1

On the subject of break-ins, wouldn't it be great if we saw a few random burglars killed or at least seriously wounded to the point of not being able to do it again in quick succession over Christmas?

No doubt we'll be hearing more stories of people being robbed and beaten up in their own homes, usually the elderly, as seems to be the norm at this time of year.

Wouldn't it be nice for this Christmas instead hearing that quite a few scumbags got battered into oblivion or shot dead? I'm sure there'd be millions sleeping more soundly at the news of a few scobies getting their comeuppance.

PS- I wonder will there ever be a situation whereby by known burglars are targeted so that they're watched and when they go out of their own dwelling, they get robbed themselves, and the taking given to charities. Vigilante burglaries if you will, robbing from the scumbags to give to the poor?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement