Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Well I mean the report of the proceedings pretty much read that 'we know you did it but we cant prove it' I am assuming, perhaps naively, that it would be a life time ban for the person who administered the drug?

I'd say so. Enough to make it very hard to be welcomed back into the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

No doubt the biggest players in Irish Racing are upto it aswell - just havent been caught yet.... Amazing how a change of stable can improve a 84 rated yoke to be a 120+ eh

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dickdasr1234

Shanee. wrote: »
    No doubt the biggest players in Irish Racing are upto it aswell - just havent been caught yet.... Amazing how a change of stable can improve a 84 rated yoke to be a 120+ eh

Aye, for sure,
    the game is rotten to the core!

Just one question: if you believe the game to be crooked then why get involved with it?

There's dim, and then there's DIM!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

We have new Mods :eek:

It was good while it lasted. We're all fúcked!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Slattsy wrote: »
    We have new Mods :eek:

It was good while it lasted. We're all fúcked!

Is the goat one of them?

• Advertisement

Possible with the amount of accounts he's had. He could infiltrated the ranks many years ago..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

:cool:

The Mig wrote: »
    :cool:

Slattsy finally pulled a few strings for you. Took him long enough :pac:

He's on thin ice, Torment!

TheTorment wrote: »
    Slattsy finally pulled a few strings for you. Took him long enough :pac:

I was offered the position (i've obviously never been banned on boards previously :pac:) but had to turn it down due to time constraints and the fact i'm not a loser. The next 8 lads on the list also turned it down... but Sir Mig (as he now wants to be called) was happy to accept and fulfil his dream..

True story^ :p

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    I was offered the position (i've obviously never been banned on boards previously :pac:) but had to turn it down due to time constraints and the fact i'm not a loser. The next 8 lads on the list also turned it down... but Sir Mig (as he now wants to be called) was happy to accept and fulfil his dream..

True story^ :p
    I've just reported this post to myself

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Few Charles Byrne tactics used I'd imagine....

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭famagusta

I only noticed the other day that Oakley Brown has gone to england, seems to be with Brian Ellison. He is still a 7lb claimer!!
    He was based with Joseph and had a few nice winners, i suppose Joseph doesnt have the amount oh NH horses any more for him to stick around,
    he'd definitely be worth keeping an eye on his fancied mounts, he's much better that a 7lb claimer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

famagusta wrote: »
    I only noticed the other day that Oakley Brown has gone to england, seems to be with Brian Ellison. He is still a 7lb claimer!!
    He was based with Joseph and had a few nice winners, i suppose Joseph doesnt have the amount oh NH horses any more for him to stick around,
    he'd definitely be worth keeping an eye on his fancied mounts, he's much better that a 7lb claimer

i think he is absolutely useless.

this is based solely on watching him from dec 26th till a couple of weeks ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

akelly02 wrote: »

In fairness he is probably doing what he is told. Ellison is all about getting his horses decent marks for handicaps. He could be doing a brilliant job for all we know?

Ellison will be looking to get a few right for spring ground at Aintree or even summer jumping. No dossing around there either, if he has one in a pricey handicap it pays to have a second look.

If he is retained by Ellison it could well be that Ellison has told him that he has plans for his claim over the next few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I might be wide of the mark now but I think he'll end up the same way as Connor King

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭famagusta

I might be wide of the mark now but I think he'll end up the same way as Connor King

He just got too heavy afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dickdasr1234

akelly02 wrote: »

I put him in my tracker year before last - he looked to have huge potential. Very stylish and confident jock who will come in to his own when he strengthens up a bit more. His agent doesn't seem to have any problem getting mounts for him.

That was a very nasty incident in Linfield 3-15

Did anyone hear how Jacob and the horse fared after?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

That was a very nasty incident in Linfield 3-15

Did anyone hear how Jacob and the horse fared after?

Horse broke down on off fore.
    Haven't heard or seen anything about Jacob tbh. Bad day for it, Cape Milano also gone at Warwick & Chalky White at Thurles.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know where I would get/find footage of the 1986 Irish Champion Hurdle?

Kesslin was first past the post but Herbert United was awarded the race in the Stewards room.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭kksaints

Does anyone know where I would get/find footage of the 1986 Irish Champion Hurdle?

Kesslin was first past the post but Herbert United was awarded the race in the Stewards room.

Try the espmadrid channel on youtube. He has loads of retro racing uploaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Interesting photo of Gordon Elliott doing the rounds on Twitter at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

Interesting photo of Gordon Elliott doing the rounds on Twitter at the moment.

Daily mail are covering it
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9308249/amp/Gordon-Elliot-investigation-image-sat-dead-horse-surfaces.html

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

Could finish him and deservedly so. We dont know the circumstances but I wouldnt send him a horse after seeing that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Just laid all of his runners on the exchange. Lambo ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

If real that's some disturbing shiite. Especially if you put it all in context. Why the hell hasn't he denied its authenticity? Hope he does.

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    If real that's some disturbing shiite. Especially if you put it all in context. Why the hell hasn't he denied its authenticity? Hope he does.

Hard to know what to make it. I hope it's a fake, but it's a good fake!

If true, I hope they throw the book at him and he can expect to lose owners. Could ruin his career and I'd have very little sympathy for him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

I wonder if he will turn up at Naas today. If he does, surely will be questioned on the matter. If he doesn't turn up, you would have to assume he's in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭The Rooster

If it's not real, then it's amazing PR to acknowledge it but not dismiss it as fake.

Assuming for a second the photo is real:
    - Is the horse definitely dead or could it be tranquilised ?
    - Is it definitely Gordon on board? Be a few years ago I'd imagine.

Advertisement