Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ya getting for Xmas boi?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

hermes aftershave set , jack wills boxers, the sh*t i can never afford at any other stages of the year!! the mother works in marks and spencers so she usually picks me up some deadly stocking fillers, i know she got me a 5 ounze flask ,which is so cool and handy!!

also aswell i started to ask if it would be posible that each year for me to receive two of my favorite albums of that year on record , ones that iv listened to countless amounts of times and in most cases from start to finish, only if possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Cool idea re the records brah.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Got a new phone.. very happy with that and all I really wanted was a bottle of aftershave, which the mammy has kindly agreed to get. No idea what my siblings will get me for Xmas, my dad usually gives us money which is always greatfully accepted :)

I'm impossible to buy for at the best of times as anything I want I usually just buy myself. So my mother has wised up to this and starts asking questions in August before their final summer hols so she might be able to pick me up something in the duty free :)

Socks n jocks tend to be a safe bet but I've 2 full drawers of socks at the mo which is approx 60 pairs, a good few still brand new in their boxes.
    Anymore socks and I think I'll need to put an extension on the apt :D

Books, autobiographies and factual stuff are another safe bet. Even through I've a kindle, I love the feel of a good hard cover book. So I usually buy the book and then buy the ebook :)

I've been contemplating buying a tablet but me being the techie fussy ar*e I am, wouldn't let anyone buy that for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Spotted some really nice leather wallets over the weekend. Add on to the list.

I just received a present. Took me totally by surprise. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

A V A wrote: »
    hermes aftershave set , jack wills boxers, the sh*t i can never afford at any other stages of the year!! the mother works in marks and spencers so she usually picks me up some deadly stocking fillers, i know she got me a 5 ounze flask ,which is so cool and handy!!

also aswell i started to ask if it would be posible that each year for me to receive two of my favorite albums of that year on record , ones that iv listened to countless amounts of times and in most cases from start to finish, only if possible

That's a brilliant idea. I've wanted to start a collection for a while now but they're so expensive that I'd only be buying one every once in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I think given how cold this mornings been I'll be looking to get some leather gloves for work - steering wheel was freezing!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I'm getting:

A new digital SLR camera with 18-55 mm lens
    A Nexus 7 Android tab (32 Gb)
    Also getting an iPad Air (32 Gb)
    A PS4

Those will all come...in my dreams :pac:

What I'm actually getting has already been purchased and is already in use. I bought a new waterproof jacket because the last one I bought is 7 years old and somehow I managed to get paint on it over a year ago and it won't come off. So that's Christmas done for me :( On the plus side, I'll be with family in Ireland over Christmas so that's a decent enough 'present' and I'm happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I've a few quid to spare and looking at the nexus, need to look into it more but for general browsing such as on boards I'd like to get a keyboard for it - anybody use a tablet & keyboard combo for posting here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

D'Agger wrote: »
    I think given how cold this mornings been I'll be looking to get some leather gloves for work - steering wheel was freezing!

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8852/apgloves.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

D'Agger wrote: »
    I've a few quid to spare and looking at the nexus, need to look into it more but for general browsing such as on boards I'd like to get a keyboard for it - anybody use a tablet & keyboard combo for posting here?

I use a nexus myself, using it now. I was going to buy a keyboard for it but decided not to, keyboard on screen is very neat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement