Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ya getting for Xmas boi?

Options
  • 11-12-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,783 ✭✭✭✭

I'm being asked what do I want for Xmas by members of the Royal Panthro family as well as the missus.
    I've no idea what I want. There's literally nothing I can think of that I'd like. I've got a supersize mug, I've enough games for the vita for the bit I play on it, I don't really buy cd's or dvd's since that whole downloading malarkey took off, I've more than enough man fragrances (I've two bottles of fancy stuff...Brut for Men, that's enough for me) and I've recently purchased a mountain of socks n jocks that should see me through to...ohh I dunno...the next Millennium!
    By all accounts...life's prit-tee good right now.
    Sooo....
    What are ye all getting?!:pac::pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

She was going to get me an xbox one until I got wind of her plan. 2 new tires for the car would get used more says I

Gift horse straight in the gob. . .I'm sure I'll regret that come March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

That I know of from herself : a gorgeous black velvet dress jacket. She has also gotten me a few surprises but I reckon after a few none too subtle questions from her that will likely be a wallet and some aftershave.

From the folks, one for all voucher.

Thats it, dont do the gift thing with my siblings.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,783 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

As there's only myself, two sisters and Mother, we all buy each other gifts.
    It's a bit of a balls for me, sure I haven't a notion what to get them, though thankfully after many years of shytty gifts they have realized that it's better to tell me what they want, that way they won't be disappointed.
    But Jesus, I've been advocating the discontinuation of card buying for years now, but will they hell toe the line.
    But that's just me.
    Grouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I was in the exact situation. In the end I thought she could get me a jacket. Found a nice one so she's getting me that. Was lost thereafter until she suggested she get me a pair of decent shin pads for MMA sparring.

But both of those gifts fall well short of the budget that we set for ourselves (which I have already spent) so for the rest she's on her own!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It'll have to be the old reliable - a voucher.

MF "i've spotted a nice superdry duffle coat"

Mrs MF "i'll get you that for christmas"

MF "i'll get it myself on stephen's day with the 30-40% off if it's all the same to yourself"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,935 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just have my parents and brother. I'm someone who dislikes taking gifts off people, so just to keep them happy and keep things simple so I don't have to worry about returning the present or acting like I'm pleased with the present, I just give my brother a list of games.
    Anything else, I prefer to buy myself

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I have my parents and three of my buddies to shop for - the lads are easy because it's a €25 thing but my parents are hard to buy for.

We've pretty much consigned to picking stuff up and saying - you can pay for that for my Christmas present. This year my gran passed away, her birthday was Christmas day so I know my Mams going to be fairly upset so I'd like to get her something to take her mind off it but haven't seen anything of note just yet.

For myself, I've asked the parents to buy a Bon Iver 2012 European tour poster which I'm going to frame with the ticket from the last gig of the tour in Dublin in with it - really looking forward to that as I think it's something I'll hold onto for a long time.

Other than that a bottle of aftershave, a guitar strap and I'll probably just ask them to pay for the Chromecast I got during the week.

I'm asking one of my siblings to purchase me the Terminator boxset.
    She asked me to get her the Fast & Furious boxset.
    *sniff*
    I'm just so proud! :o:pac:
    I've suggested we play a drinking game to the F&F, skull a drink every time there's a gear change!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Panthro wrote: »
    I've suggested we play a drinking game to the F&F, skull a drink every time there's a gear change!

You'll both be dead from alcohol poisioning after 5 mins!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

New badger brush , Parker safety razor , metal shave bowl (in a set) probably not the best quality but it'll do me. GTA , aftershave (not sure which yet) and €100 squids from mom and pops.

So I'm happy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Same boat as most of the lads here in that I'm probably fairly hard to buy for. I'm a double whammy as well as my birthday is this day week.

My sister offered to pick me up a bottle of aftershave in some sale she was at which I was happy to go along with, I've also asked her to pick me up a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black.

After that I need a new car stereo after the old one blew up so I'll probably let my mom give me a few quid towards that and maybe call off a small debt I have to her since last week :)

Might get the old man to help me out with a few running repairs to the car as he's got a mechanic buddy who does him good deals, so actually that's everything pretty much looked after.

For myself, I think I'll spend a bit of time in the sales after xmas as the wardrobe could do with a bit of a revamp, could use a new suit, a couple of shirts and a new wallet as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

keane2097 wrote: »
    Same boat as most of the lads here in that I'm probably fairly hard to buy for. I'm a double whammy as well as my birthday is this day week.

Me too! :D

[/hint]

Folks are getting some books, CDs, tools for dad, Kindle cover for mom.

I'm getting a steering wheel for GT6 (complete with pedals and stand) and a limited edition steel-box Firefly Blu-ray. And being a Christmas baby and only child, there's probably a few small presents thrown in to surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Not a long tradition of getting Christmas presents in my family :( So I always treat myself to something.
    I've had in mind a Superdry jacket for ages, now also thinking of getting a watch.
    Won't do any shopping until I get home next week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

As a way of getting away more than we need to or should.. for Xmas, we will agree to go somewhere in Europe (Ryanair job) for a long weekend.

Third year of doing this - What we spend on flights and accom is in line with what the budget for presents would be. This way we get to go see another city/country for the same price!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Kev.OC wrote: »
    I'm getting a steering wheel for GT6 (complete with pedals and stand) and a limited edition steel-box Firefly Blu-ray. And being a Christmas baby and only child, there's probably a few small presents thrown in to surprise me.

I wouldn't mind trying out a forced feedback steering wheel....Forza ftw though!
    Lombardo86 wrote: »
    As a way of getting away more than we need to or should.. for Xmas, we will agree to go somewhere in Europe (Ryanair job) for a long weekend.

Third year of doing this - What we spend on flights and accom is in line with what the budget for presents would be. This way we get to go see another city/country for the same price!

That's actually a very nice idea I have to say! WP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

Lombardo86 wrote: »

Great idea , never dawned on me to do that , presents all bought now , but next year definitely .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I got a 21KW Insert Boiler Stove from my mam that my dad installed. Best Present Ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Ahhhhh its grand

The family have sent me a new camera, delighted :)

Clothes are cheap as fck here so sent my too brothers a box of clothes each. Went online and booked a in a fancy hotel for the parents. Sister was a pain in the ass to get something for here, so went onto one of those deals websites and got here a couple nights in a hotel down in Kilkenny for her and her boyfriend. Send the grandmother over some Chinese ornaments, she loves that kind of stuff.

Fecking postage cost more than the clothes that I sent for the bro's :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I'm getting a new guitar
    A G+L Asat Deluxe and im like a small child waiting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

D'Agger wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind trying out a forced feedback steering wheel....Forza ftw though!

That's actually a very nice idea I have to say! WP

enemies.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

I'm in the same boat, anything I needed, I've bought myself anything I still want is too expensive. the safe bet is consumables; aftershave, booze, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

http://www.drinkstore.ie/KWAK-GLASS-GIFT-PACK-4x330ML-5410693100447/
    I fancy having one of them coachman's glasses. Never buy it for myself but as it that time of year, I'm hoping the hints were enough for the penny to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

Probably get myself the highly coveted and ridiculously priced Sam Adam's Utopia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Scalextric :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

osaurus wrote: »
    Probably get myself the highly coveted and ridiculously priced Sam Adam's Utopia.

Hate you soo much, can I come round when you open it?

I went to great lengths to draw up a list of wat I'd like (a good five mins googling through Jack and Jones and play.com) forwarded on my list if demands, only to be told tuff shyt, I've already been bought for.. And now we play the waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Hate you soo much, can I come round when you open it?
    Considering cellaring it for a while before drinking. I shall share photos when I do though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Would really like a new laptop...doubt the budget would stretch that far...so looks like some snazzy new threads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,067 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

While trying to sort out a redirect from the Royal Mail my Mum rang me about 6 times in an hour. I thought the worst and rang her immediately after I saw the missed calls. Turns out there's a 2 for €50 on jeans in town and now I'm getting jeans for Christmas.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement