Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you to tackle an intruder

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Hi all,
    I remember reading somewhere that a veteran US cop stated that they used a rule of thumb that if a "perp" got within 10 feet of you with a knife or sharp implement, you could regard it as a given that they would stick it into you. 10 feet is about three paces for a fast-moving man so anyone attempting a defensive move would have to react pretty quickly, especially to get off a disabling shot or even a shot/blow/strike that would stop/slow down/disarm an attacker. Also, if you get a fright from a sudden loud bang, such as someone breaking a window or trying to kick in a door, you will lose a few seconds before you react, even if only to run away. Might be better to have your bedroom sorted as a panic room room rather than confront an aggressive intruder.
    regards
    Stovepipe

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

That's a known result from officers not being able to release pistols from older style holster (sometimes with a flap over the pistol) when faced with aggressive suspects armed with knives. The usual distance cited is 21 feet, at ten feet against a knife, you need a shotgun already aimed at the attacker.

The Tueller Drill shows it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Would just let the two large dogs downstairs in the kitchen have some fun to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Spray them with a small co2 fire extinguisher or a powder one you get them in lidl.

If he/she/it is still standing after that.

You better get the fcuk out of dodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

That's a known result from officers not being able to release pistols from older style holster (sometimes with a flap over the pistol) when faced with aggressive suspects armed with knives. The usual distance cited is 21 feet, at ten feet against a knife, you need a shotgun already aimed at the attacker.

The Tueller Drill shows it well.

Im pretty sure everyone in that video votes republican.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I have feck all worth robbing, if an intruder came in I'd tell them topiss of a rob some rich people.

In the unlikely event this failed I'm young, fit and know how to fight

Advertisement