Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much time to you spend gaming during the week?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I found that I managed to get in a good bit of gaming in the early days as he slept a lot more in the beginning. Now though at nearly two it would be impossible to even turn the PS4 if he is around. Not only does it beep when you turn it on but it lights up. Whats not to love for a toddler?

My boy used to sit on my lap and watch me play RTS games and MMOs (against the AI) shouting vague commands as to where they should be going and mashing the keyboard regularly (pro-tip: turn off keyboard shortcuts). :P

I'm sure anti-screen parenting "experts" would be turning in their future graves or something but he enjoyed it and it kept him distracted from playing "pull out the cable" at the back of the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

nesf wrote: »
    I'm sure anti-screen parenting "experts" would be turning in their future graves or something but he enjoyed it and it kept him distracted from playing "pull out the cable" at the back of the PC.

Ah, a healthy dose of electrocution never hurt anyone and he'd hopefully learn not to play with cables after that...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

On average, I'd say about 10+ hours a week. I play on the HTPC + TV in the sitting room, usually from around 11pm onwards as that's when the missus either goes to bed or falls asleep. I wait until then as it's obviously not fair on her for me to hog the TV............even if it is my TV :pac:

On weekends, mainly Saturdays, I might get a few hours in during the day but that depends after I let all the animals out, clean their cages, and feed them which in itself I spend a good few hours doing.

Really from 11pm till about 1 - 2am most nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Ah, a healthy dose of electrocution never hurt anyone and he'd hopefully learn not to play with cables after that...

If you manage to electrocute yourself pulling out cables you're probably doing the genepool a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

Oh, I got confused, the poll question and the thread title are slightly contradictory.
    On an average night, I get in one or two hours. If I'm playing something new, especially if it's particularly compelling, 4 hours wouldn't be unusual.

I wouldn't play every night though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Hardly any these days.

I watch people play games more than I do myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

As much as I can, all of my money goes on games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Greyfox

When I was in a relationship I spent a LOT more time reading about games and buying them then playing them, single now and 3 months ago I wrote out my backlog list which has 180 games in it, with so many glorious masterpieces to play I am in the process of having the time of my life, currently 2 -3 hours each evening and about 8 hours over the weekend

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

When my son was an infant I had loads of time, now though not so much in fact, as a 10 year old, he's finishing more games than me!

Advertisement