Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much time to you spend gaming during the week?

Options
  • 08-12-2013 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, how I compare to the rest.
    Do you game during the week or do just game at the weekend?
    So Mon-Fri how many hours do you put in.

Ho many hours each weekday (Mon-Fri) do you game? 79 votes

0-1 hours
    0% 0 votes
    1-2 hours
    21% 17 votes
    2-3 hours
    34% 27 votes
    3-4 hours
    22% 18 votes
    4+ hours
    21% 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It varies. During the summer If I wasn't working or our with friends id probably be gaming. Id say I averaged around 3 or 4 hours a day. Would spend a lot more than that on days off though and then other days I might not play at all.

Since September I've had almost no free time between college and work at weekends so very little, less than an hour a day average.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Its getting less and less these days. It used to be 3-4, its now 1-2 and I can see it getting to the point where I only play weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

1-2 hours , I cannot seem to play that long at games these days unless its dark souls or metal gear

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am mostly at my PC. So it looks like I am there constantly. Though I do maybe 3-4 hours of actual playing. Mostly less.

Does afk mining in EVE counts as gaming? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 richardg234

Mostly it's 2-3 hrs because I'm at school and I have work experience. I game for 4+ hrs on the weekends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,327 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

because I have so much stuff to watch during the week I don't game as much as I used to but still do get in a bit
    do android/IOS games count as well into your stats or are you just after console/pc games?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Probably 4 minimum every day, and 10+ on my days off. People seem to think that at 30 i shouldn't be playing as much, but i've no sporting interests, no missus, no kids and no money, so what's the harm?!

Although i've been playing slightly less lately, thank you Netflix.

Skerries wrote: »
    because I have so much stuff to watch during the week I don't game as much as I used to but still do get in a bit
    do android/IOS games count as well into your stats or are you just after console/pc games?

to me android/ios games count. I spent hours playing both Plants V Zombies and it was a full on gaming experience in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

varies but approx 10 hrs per week. poll should cover week and increments of 5 imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

People seem to think that at 30 i shouldn't be playing as much, but i've no sporting interests, no missus, no kids and no money

I think there might be a correlation there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

If I'm lucky I will get in about an hour a day. With work, wife and a young child I have many other higher priorities.

I'd say I spend way more time reading about games than actually playing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

A per day poll is a bit much.

A per week poll would be more appropriate.

Some days i don't game, others i do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I don't get to play nearly as much as I'd like. I might get to play two hours one week, four the next, none the next. Life keeps getting in the way.

When I was jobseeking I had a routine where I would spend about 2 hours applying for jobs in the morning, then do a few hours' housework, play for a few hours every afternoon and spend time with my wife in the evening. But now I have a job (for which I am grateful), which means I have to get the housework done in the evening and spend time with Mrs. Vojera, so there's very little time for gaming any more. :'(

If I'm lucky I will get in about an hour a day. With work, wife and a young child I have many other higher priorities.

I'd say I spend way more time reading about games than actually playing them.

I am expecting my first child in the new year. I am already struggling to find time so I can only imagine what it will be like when s/he is born.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

sarumite wrote: »
    I am expecting my first child in the new year. I am already struggling to find time so I can only imagine what it will be like when s/he is born.

Same here, after just recently moving house too, so still trying to get stuff sorted and unpacked, as well as in for the kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'm purely a weekend gamer now :(, get a few games of some iOS games in on the dart to work but nothing beats the a stint of a PC/console*.

* I don't have kids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Roughly 2-3 hours in the evenings after dinner Mon - Fri and the weekend could be anything from 1-8 hours a day depending on my plans or work I need to get done.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Probably average an hour and half Mon-Fri, weekends 3-4 hours.

My OH's answer: too much time :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

I get home from work and play the likes of Fifa, Forza, Dead Rising, COD and Battlefield for 5+ hours a day during the week.

Depending if I have gym or football that day which I do most days but that only takes up an hour, all the rest is game time

At weekends its open season, I take breaks during the day by watching something on Netflix but yeah I kind of spend all weekend on it too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Taylor365 wrote: »
    A per day poll is a bit much.

A per week poll would be more appropriate.

Some days i don't game, others i do.
    Woah, only on reading your post did I re-examine the poll question - I had assumed it was directly related to the thread title, and was asking how many hours did you game in total between Monday and Friday! I went for 2-3 hours, but that's the combined amount for me during week nights, basically up to an hour at a time maybe three or four times per week (some weeks I might only get to game on one evening though). I'd like to be able to game more, but at the same time I appreciate that with a busy work schedule, a relationship and a healthy social life many of us just won't be able to devote as much time to gaming as we used to or we might like to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

ionapaul wrote: »
    Woah, only on reading your post did I re-examine the poll question - I had assumed it was directly related to the thread title, and was asking how many hours did you game in total between Monday and Friday!

Ha, me too! So when I said 1-2 hours, I meant cumulatively from M-F.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Same here, after just recently moving house too, so still trying to get stuff sorted and unpacked, as well as in for the kid.

Had my first child in September.
    I'd say I've played about 3 hours of games in total since then.

Welcome to the club lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Just start the young'uns on it as soon as possible. Then you can disguise your time together as 'bonding'.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

I'd say since I got a pc last xmas I've spent more time buying games than actually playing them :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

A-Trak wrote: »
    Had my first child in September.
    I'd say I've played about 3 hours of games in total since then.

Welcome to the club lads :)

Maybe we should setup a clan or something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I put 1-2 hours down but also meant in total from Mon-Fri. School was the last time I could regularly drop hours a night every night on games (unfortunately!), since then it's been undergrad, PhD and now longer-than-average work days and other commitments that have put paid to that. God bless handhelds though - the GBA in college through to 3DS/Vita (and iOS) now means at least my commutes haven't been game-free :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

1-2 hours a week these days, all at the weekend. I find when I have so little free time I have no urge to waste it sitting in front of the computer so Im spend less and less time gaming now. It's still one if my favourite pastimes but I haven't bought a new game in probably 6 months now and really Dark Souls is the only game I've put any hours into over the past few months

Edit: As with a few other people I answered the poll before reading the question, I put down1-2 hours but that's my total for the week, including weekends.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I work every other day and, on the nights I'm off the following, I'll play a couple of hours.
    I don't really have a weekend as such but, on a Sunday, when I have the place to myself, I'll get some time in.
    Normally it will also be conditional on if I am currently engrossed in a title, if not I flit from one game to another, rather listless.
    But if I am wrapped up in something I will find the time to play it through, last game with that hook was The Last of Us.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Anything single player or turn based and pausable for long durations works ok. Anything you can instantly drop and walk away from basically. Any multiplayer with others in real time is a tougher ask. Still possible but you'll be swapping gaming time for 100% responsible for the baby time. ;)

Then after a couple of years it'll be playing co-op whatever with the kids or (me currently) building a minecraft server out of parts in the attic so they can play with a few friends. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I found that I managed to get in a good bit of gaming in the early days as he slept a lot more in the beginning. Now though at nearly two it would be impossible to even turn the PS4 if he is around. Not only does it beep when you turn it on but it lights up. Whats not to love for a toddler?

Advertisement