Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipping after a hair cut

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

€10 cut, €1 tip but if the boss cuts my hair, he gets nothing!

Am I wrong? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

mloc123 wrote: »
    The grooming rooms setup doesn't lend itself to tipping. I would usually tip 2e or so but never tip in there.

Why do you say that? I tipped €5 I was in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭bureau2009

€10 cut, €1 tip but if the boss cuts my hair, he gets nothing!

Am I wrong? ;)
    No, you are right! You don't tip the owner! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

I used to go to a few barbers locally and in town, very hit and miss and more often than not I'd feel like an ogre who was lured to town with the promise of meat after a few horrific cuts.

Went into one of the fancier places after some research and what a difference. The woman suggested a few different cuts which would complement my face. Felt like a million bucks afterwards and she did a bang on job. Got my hair washed and they've massage chairs, I just melted into the seat to be honest. Downside was it cost me 28yoyos, but I'd rather pay 28 and feel like a greek god than pay a tenner and feel like shrek. I usually tip a fiver or so.

Been going for over a year now, and haven't been disappointed once. I go maybe every 2/3 months, get a discount now also which is nice. My brother goes to the waldorf, very sort of old school but solid cuts there too. He raves about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

osaurus wrote: »
    I used to go to a few barbers locally and in town, very hit and miss and more often than not I'd feel like an ogre who was lured to town with the promise of meat after a few horrific cuts.

Went into one of the fancier places after some research and what a difference. The woman suggested a few different cuts which would complement my face. Felt like a million bucks afterwards and she did a bang on job. Got my hair washed and they've massage chairs, I just melted into the seat to be honest. Downside was it cost me 28yoyos, but I'd rather pay 28 and feel like a greek god than pay a tenner and feel like shrek. I usually tip a fiver or so.

Been going for over a year now, and haven't been disappointed once. I go maybe every 2/3 months, get a discount now also which is nice. My brother goes to the waldorf, very sort of old school but solid cuts there too. He raves about it.

Lucky you only needing your haircut every 2/3 months, I need mine done every 2 weeks!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

billy2012 wrote: »
    Lucky you only needing your haircut every 2/3 months, I need mine done every 2 weeks!!!
    Used to get it done every 6 months but by that time it was ridiculous. My hair grows crazy quick so 2/3 months is a decent trade off. More often than not though it's every 2 months but depends on monetary status really.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jms2013

We tip in Ireland?! Isn't everything costly enough already? No problem tipping abroad,ie-USA but not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Yep, always tip. We have a few barbers in town, I have tried three.

First one is €15 for just a cut (and not that great), no thanks.

Second one is a Turkish barbers owned by a Turkish man but the Lithuanian guy working there is a God preaching man and I don't wanna listen to that sh!te when I'm getting my hair cut.

The third one which became my regular about 2 years ago is owned and operated by two Latvian women, €9 for the cut so they get the €10 and a bit extra in December. Not much but it all adds up. They will chat away about whatever if you want but if you say you're not in the mood to talk they just do their job, which I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DB83

Nowt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

If it was 8 or 9 euro I'd probably round up to 10 but if its was above 10, then nothing.
    I'm not too bad though in that I only go 2 or 3 times a year. My hair grows ridiculously slowly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement