Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney acquires rights to Indiana Jones

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Garrett Hedlund could be decent too

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

The first bit that got me at the cinema was Luke cutting loose with his light-sabre [ooh, green!] on Jabba's yacht, and all the bad guys just fell down as if he hit them with a stick.

We knew from Star Wars and Empire what should have happened: hands, arms, legs and heads flying, guys chopped in half, total mayhem.

But no, they just fell over. If you can't put the scene in the movie, don't! But don't film a sanitised PG version and put that in instead!

Dem, I think a lot of you are looking through rose tinted spectacles. The original Star Wars series like the prequels were and always will be a kids movies. Do I prefer the old movies? Well yes I saw them in the 70's & 80's when the came out. Do I hate the new ones, not as much as everyone else apparently.

As for Indy 4 - urge what an abomination 😒🐒

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭brevity

B-YbMifIEAAJuxb.jpg
    We’ve heard that Chris Pratt is the frontrunner to play a new version of Indiana Jones. Now, despite the fact that Pratt is not actually signed for the film, there’s word that Steven Spielberg wants to direct him in the Indiana Jones reboot, so long as the script turns out well.

http://www.slashfilm.com/indiana-jones-reboot/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Pratt is actually perfect for the role. You could tell he'd have great fun playing the part, and I'd say that would translate really well onto the screen, but I'm just concerned he'll be in every franchise under the sun.
    I'd sooner have seen him take on this than Jurassic World (where it so far looks like his best assets aren't being utilised - his character looks awfully sincere in the trailers).

He'd be a lazy option if he wasn't so absolutely bankable in this sort of role. Actually makes him an even more fitting replacement for Harrison Ford.

Except he is still too young, unless they are going pre professor. Indy should be in his 40's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Pratt would be excellent at the goofy side of Indy but I', struggling to see him as an archaeology professor (happy to be proved wrong though). It's also a major case of type-casting, maybe he's happy enough with that but I'd like to see him stretch his range and try some different roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,437 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lucasfilm President Finally Confirms Indiana Jones Sequel Is on the Horizon

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/05/indiana-jones-sequel-confirmed?mbid=social_facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 60,437 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The new Indiana Jones has been found.

Advertisement