Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney acquires rights to Indiana Jones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭endacl

There are only three Indiana Jones movies.

There are only three StarWars movies.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

endacl wrote: »
    There are only three Indiana Jones movies.

There are only three StarWars movies.

I'll probably never watch the second Indy or third SW movie again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I'll probably never watch the second Indy or third SW movie again.

Compared to the sh!te today temple of doom & ROTJ are actually quite awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Except for Ewoks taking down the empire, with spears

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Except for Ewoks taking down the empire, with spears

The first bit that got me at the cinema was Luke cutting loose with his light-sabre [ooh, green!] on Jabba's yacht, and all the bad guys just fell down as if he hit them with a stick.

We knew from Star Wars and Empire what should have happened: hands, arms, legs and heads flying, guys chopped in half, total mayhem.

But no, they just fell over. If you can't put the scene in the movie, don't! But don't film a sanitised PG version and put that in instead!

• Advertisement

How long do you really think that it would take an actor to lose that much weight?
    Personal trainers, train 4+ times a day and a strict diet...

And where will Fillion find the time? He's shooting a full TV series and I can't see him having the time to get in the required shape and I don't see the network letting him out of his contract so as to shoot a film like the next Indy adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Deaglain.12

Was just reading the could possibly reboot with Bradley Cooper as Indiana Jones.
    When I think about it I think he could fit the role pretty well.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

This rumor was debunked weeks ago. Rebooting the Indiana Jones franchise is a horrible idea. Nobody other than Harrison Ford would feel right playing that character.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,437 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If anyone was to get it Kyle Chandler would be the one I'd like to see get it.

But in no way should it be rebooted/remade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Born to play that role. A man's man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I could see Bradley Cooper playing him but I don't know if I'd like it. Now one suggestion I have is...Chris Pratt.
    Before you call me crazy or debunk the idea, Chris Pratt seems to have that sort of character about him. Him as Star-Lord seems to have hints of Harrison Fords Han Solo character. I think he could play Indiana Jones if it was ever to be rebooted. Just my view though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Can't picture Cooper in the role at all, would be a terrible choice imo.

Great shout

Frank ****ing Darabount

[on his rejected script for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) (aka Indiana Jones 4)] Steven was very, very happy with the script and said it was the best draft of anything since Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981). That's really high praise and gave me a real sense of accomplishment, especially when you love the material you're working on as much as I love the "Indiana Jones" films. And then you have George Lucas read it and say, 'Yeah, I don't think so, I don't like it'. And then he resets it to zero when Spielberg is ready to shoot it that coming year, [which] is a real kick to the nuts. You can only waste so much time and so many years of your life on experiences like that, you can only get so emotionally invested and have the rug pulled out from under you before you say enough of that.

Well done Steven for deferring to your pal George. :rolleyes:
    In many ways these two guys are at the extremes of each other.

The man who directed and wrote screenplays for the two best films of the 90's was pushed aside for Lucas writing.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Bradley Cooper fits the bill for me, he's got that slight ruggedness and air of confidence about him that Ford had in his Han Solo/Indy days. He's also pretty much the same age as Ford was when he made Raiders. He's proven himself as a really good actor in the last few years too.

Great shout, Cooper can draw conflicted opinions but he does seem the perfect fit for Indy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Warper wrote: »
    Great shout, Cooper can draw conflicted opinions but he does seem the perfect fit for Indy

Why does Bradly Cooper's name keep coming up?

The man looks like a charmless, sleezy emu for God's sake!

emu-1.jpg

team-uk-premiere-2010-bradley-cooper-48540.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

It's about attitude, not looks. If they really have to do it (and I hope not) I think BC might pull it off...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Warper wrote: »

I just came in to post that I called this ages ago if it actually happens, thanks for pointing it out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

old hippy wrote: »
    It's about attitude, not looks. If they really have to do it (and I hope not) I think BC might pull it off...

It is, and Cooper just doesn't have it. Ford was a very good looking guy in his hayday, but more importantly, he just was that character. A slightly cumudgenly, old school hollywood star, a former carpenter and practical guy about whom it didn't surprise you in the least when he flew off in his private chopper to rescue people from a forest fire. He's so much that character that it would be pointless to cast anybody else.
    Cooper just comes across as a slick, slightly whiny hollywood douche that Ford would eat for breakfast. He's great for charmless parts like that in American Hustle, but he has no Indiana Jones sparkle that would make you for a moment believe that he's making it up as he goes along.
    Best case scenario would be that they search long and hard for an unknown with similar qualities to Ford.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,956 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Disagree about Bradley Cooper, I really don't see where people are coming from in suggesting him.

Aside from the fact rebooting Indiana Jones feels like heresy in the first place - but what's another reboot among friends eh - the essence of Indy should be that he's a scrapper, an underdog; an everyman cut from the same cloth as someone like John McClane circa Die Hard and its first two sequels. Dr. Jones looks a little beat up because most of his life has been spent racing from one punch-up to the next.

Cooper's appearance though just doesn't tick those boxes at all for me. He looks the smooth-talking type, the wiseguy, but a little oily perhaps. A rogue yes, but mostly a cad. I dunno. Kyle Chandler is a nice suggestion visually I must say, and has that everyman appearance about him, but he's too unknown to ever get a gig like an Indy reboot (though hopefully it'll never happen)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Not sure if this has been suggested already, but I think Nikolaj Coster-Waldau could actually be a decent pick. He is not as flamboyant as Bradley Cooper, and tends to be more reserved much like Harrison Ford's Indy.

Similar looking too!

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm207407360/nm0182666?ref_=nm_phs_md_2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Josh Holloway would make a decent Indy imo

Robert Pattinson name has started to pop up online over the last few days to replace Ford.

I shall shed a tear or two if there is any truth to this.

Robert Pattinson name has started to pop up online over the last few days to replace Ford.

I wouldn't be a fan of Pattinson but he's making some interesting choices and The Rover is my most anticipated upcoming film. Much like Zach Efron he gets a lot of slack due to the role that made him famous and with Efron slowly maturing into one of the more interesting actors around I wouldn't instantly write Pattinson off. That said his performance in the two Twilight films I saw was abysmal.

I wouldn't be a fan of Pattinson but he's making some interesting choices and The Rover is my most anticipated upcoming film. Much like Zach Efron he gets a lot of slack due to the role that made him famous and with Efron slowly maturing into one of the more interesting actors around I wouldn't instantly write Pattinson off. That said his performance in the two Twilight films I saw was abysmal.

Making interesting choices is good to see and when he signed on to David Cronenberg's Cosmopolis I was interested to see what he could do sadly it wasn't much.

I would be afraid also that Disney would go more Indiana Jones Chronicles with him to go after the teen market.

I would say his name is one of many that will leaked by Disney between now and Star Wars VII to judge fans reactions before Ford is back in the spotlight with the release of Episode VII.

RPatz don't have the charisma imo to play Indy

I hope the film ends with villian with his back faced to Pattison who we've followed the whole way through. Villian punches a stake through his chest.

Pattison bleeding out.

Fedora is lying in the ground, which the villian picks up to reveal Ford, "****in kids, and their Fedoras". Places it on his head, smirks. "Stay in here, pasty, where the sun don't shine" Walks out of temple.

THE END.

ROLL CREDITS.

I take cash in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

While I don't think Pattinson would be right for Indy, he's getting early rave reviews for 'The Rover'.

Falthyron wrote: »
    Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

Now there's a perfect option and he's not too A list either.

Please pick a man in his late 30's or 40's.

Timothy Olyphant?

But seriously Kyle Chandler could do an iconic job on it, I hate to keep mentioning it. Needs to affable and charming, but gruff, sort of quite abrasive. Sort of limited controlled acting in a sense.

Ryan Gosling would be damn good actually and stoic and charming, if the script allows him to crack a smile.

Robert Pattinson

5e17b5858d99fca0a6078213702931ce19b0cd939b6c54a88f8ac010eee2b6f0.jpg

• Advertisement

Chris Pratt latest name linked

Advertisement