Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

earliest signs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Dehydration. Drinking litres of water every day, and still thirsty all the time, really dry lips, eyes so dry I couldn't even wear my contacts. And this was REALLY early on, before my period was even late.

that's really funny, I only found out on Wed that I'm pregnant and thought i had no symptoms before that but I have had really dry eyes for the last 2 weeks before that! Like at my desk at work I had to put in drops several times, thought it was really out of the blue. Also I had very unsettled sleep for a few nights before I got the BFP, which I hadn't linked either but now I do.

other than that, on the day my period was due (day of bfp) I was boiling all day, sweat marks and had to go around in a short sleeved top (in mid Dec, got quite a few looks!) and was the same the next day - overheating bigtime. But haven't felt like that since! Little twinges in my abdomen then the day after that. Also I had pink/red tinted cervical mucus 2 days in a row - very slight amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I had blood mucus at six wks.it wasnt like period blood was more mucusy,sorry tmi.
    At the time the nurse told me it was old blood and with different things going on now inside my body in effect my system was getting cleared out.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭marysnow

scrgirl wrote: »
    Hi We are ttc and I am watching for every possible sign of pregnancy after ovulation, just wondering what your earliest signs were and when u felt them?

Hi scrgirl, if I have to be honest, I would not put too much pressure on early symptoms and co. Each of us is different. We have ttc for three years and I can ensure you, stressing so much for early symptoms or signs is adding stress to an already exciting and stressful process.

I have been there and done that, so I know it is not easy to take a step back, but you risk to put yourself and your partner under too much stress. if you are pregnant, within 3/4 weeks you know it. We discovered it at the third week, after piles of tests used in the previous three years.

Lots of people have no symptoms at all, some others are dying from day 1. The most beautiful thing about pregnancy is that, it is true, there are standards, but each pregnancy is so very singular.

So, I hope you get great news soon :) , but I really hope you will not fall into that emotional trap I fell into of being too stressed by the weight I was putting upon myself and my husband to get pregnant.

I know in these times one cannot really listen to something like this, but if you are pregnant you will know within weeks and if you are not, the fall from the illusion will be shorter (albeit not less painful).

All this, from a personal point of view as lots of us have been there.

So, good luck!!!

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dreamer30

Hi all, I had no real symptoms at all. I had a slight cold for a few days before I got BFP but not sure if that was related or not. Got 3 bfps 3 days before AF was due. Now nearly 6 weeks and still no symptoms yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I was running to the loo every few mins, I didn't realise I was pregnant until nearly 8 weeks - so I thought my kidneys were going haywire! And when I got hungry, I was HUNGRY NOW AND I NEED TO EAT ASAP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Hubby and I started trying in May, gave up in Nov and thought we'd try in the New Year. Leading up to Christmas, I had acid reflux and over Christmas, my boobs became incredibly sore, which has never happened to me. I took a pregnancy test at the end of Dec and came back positive, I'm six and a half weeks along now. A few more symptoms have shown, such as.diarreha (sorry for the TMI , I had been a bit worried but read many women go one way or the other), frequent urination, and nausea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Hubby and I started trying in May, gave up in Nov and thought we'd try in the New Year. Leading up to Christmas, I had acid reflux and over Christmas, my boobs became incredibly sore, which has never happened to me. I took a pregnancy test at the end of Dec and came back positive, I'm six and a half weeks along now. A few more symptoms have shown, such as.diarreha (sorry for the TMI , I had been a bit worried but read many women go one way or the other), frequent urination, and nausea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 broody_kitten

I'm around 9 days past ovulation and over the last couple of days have had mild cramping, some insomnia, unusual headaches and some serious irritability! On their own I wouldn't give these a second thought but the cramping is throwing me... will test on Friday if there's no sign of a period and report back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 broody_kitten

I'm around 9 days past ovulation and over the last couple of days have had mild cramping, some insomnia, unusual headaches and some serious irritability! On their own I wouldn't give these a second thought but the cramping is throwing me... will test on Friday if there's no sign of a period and report back!

...It was PMS. Next time I'm not giving it a second thought unless I'm a week late :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Really early heart burn on all three im 7 weeks now on number 3 sore boobs this time only had that on number 1 and oh jasus the nausea is fierce along with the servere tiredness !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭karareilly

tiredness is number one for me, followed by dehydration, and iam really bloated in my stomach!! and bad headaches

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭karareilly

and a new unbelievably hungry the whole time!!! and my taste buds seem a lot stronger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

I'd been TTC for 4 months. Pregnant now :D but I found a big dif this time i.e. my boobs got super sore and felt heavy from O onwards and still are now, weeks later. That was the main symptom I noticed and I was very optimistic then that this was my time. I'd never before had sore boobs for more than 2 days approx. I also noticed an odd twinge/ cramp and this was also new to me as I never had period pains.

best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭d4b

Hunger and sore boobs.

Advertisement