Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

earliest signs

Options
  • 07-12-2013 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Hi We are ttc and I am watching for every possible sign of pregnancy after ovulation, just wondering what your earliest signs were and when u felt them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Dehydration. Drinking litres of water every day, and still thirsty all the time, really dry lips, eyes so dry I couldn't even wear my contacts. And this was REALLY early on, before my period was even late.

Also (possibly related to the above) I had serious water retention. I was so bloated all over, I looked massive. Which is funny because I actually lost loads of weight during the pregnancy - but for those first few weeks I was huuuuge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Hunger. Unfillable hunger. Hunger like I'd never been fed and would never be fed again! Which is funny, as my baby now acts the same way when he wakes up hungry!
    Good luck OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

When did the hunger start nikpmup? Im always hungry anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

A few days after the positive pregnancy test, which was done when I was about 2 days late. Continued for about 2/3 weeks, after which time I started puking and didn't stop until I was 19/20 weeks pregnant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Slightly exagerated Pre-menstrual like symptoms.

Breast tenderness... But waaay more tender than usual when expecting period. Boarderline sore!

And also cramps. The cramps got slightly worse when I was a few days late... Implantation pains I think... But very like the pains you expect when you're getting your period.

Also felt bloated... Again another symptom if sometimes expect when getting your period. I didnt start feeling nauseous till around 6-8 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Boobs. Definitely boob tenderness! I knew almost from conception that I was pregnant because of how my boobs felt. I made myself wait a few days to test, and even then I was a few days pre period due day.
    Hunger didn't kick in til I was around 6 weeks. Thirst as well came a bit later. And tiredness too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I had really odd cramps literally a day or two after conception. I remember lying in bed thinking what the hell is going on! Can't really describe them, never had them before! Also I was very hormonal! Actually I would use the word irrational!! I became very sensitive to smells, to the point when I couldn't open my fridge!! I couldn't resist taking a very early test (before I was even due) and it showed up positive! It was a tesco test which I have read are very sensitive! Then I did those expensive ones can't remember the name they advertise that you can test early? Then the horrendous vomiting started and still hasn't left and I am 34 weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Millem wrote: »
    I had really odd cramps literally a day or two after conception. I remember lying in bed thinking what the hell is going on! Can't really describe them, never had them before! Also I was very hormonal! Actually I would use the word irrational!! I became very sensitive to smells, to the point when I couldn't open my fridge!! I couldn't resist taking a very early test (before I was even due) and it showed up positive! It was a tesco test which I have read are very sensitive! Then I did those expensive ones can't remember the name they advertise that you can test early? Then the horrendous vomiting started and still hasn't left and I am 34 weeks :(

Oh smells! My husband has diabetes & suddenly I could smell his insulin shot even ages after he'd done it!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

dizzy every time I stood up and that was a good week before I was even late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Seriously sore boobs and exhaustion. I was 2-3weeks pregnant when i took the test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

Unfortunately it's a hard one to predict as when ttc we become very tuned into our bodies that we notice things that we normally wouldn't, and so believe it to be a sure sign of pregnancy, possibly to end up disappointed..

Anyway here's mine.. The odd cramp, but not a normal cramp, a cramp/pain that would take your breath away and make you think 'omg what was that' .
    Taste of metal in mouth.
    Waking up every hour or 2.
    Vivid dreams.
    Sore boobs.
    All in the 2 weeks after ov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

People talk about that feeling you get which I had thought was rubbish but something made me test 2 days before I was due my period and it was positive.

Aside from that I really had no symptoms to talk of that couldn't be put down to pms apart from a funny back ache. One week later when vomits kicked in I knew all about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I had heart palpitations and was feeling light headed on both pregnancies a couple of days before my period was due so in both cases I knew very early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I was itchy for a few days and started sleeping quite badly, I noticed this a day or two before I tested and was due my period. I also had loads of saliva! At about 5 weeks I had the insatiable hunger for a week or so then the horrible taste in my mouth and mad food aversions kicked in at about week 6/7. Morning sickness arrived a week or two after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Stuffed sinuses...the face ache kind

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

From about a week after ovulation my boobs became very sore and now just seem to grow on a daily basis! I'll be eight weeks gone this week and have always been a C cup, went and got measured for new bras yesterday such is their magnitude and my 'comedy boobs' now come in at a very impressive DD! My boobs felt really different even before my period was late.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Massive veiny boobs - that was my very first tip off. I fell pregnant either on the 24, 25 or 26th of December. I knew I was pregnant because I had the weirdest veiny boobs imaginable.

Also I had started doing meditation for stress relief - the first week, I was grand. That was the week of Jan 1st. I would close my eyes and meditate. But from the second week, Jan 8th, I was out for the count (and snoring to my complete mortification) within minutes.

My bed became my new best friend.

Funnily enough I have been hit by waves of sleepiness in the last few days. Wondering if baba number 2 is on the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

10 days after I ovulated, at about 3 in the morning, I woke up in agony! Had terrible cramps right behind my pubic bone, almost identical to the ones I get from having a retroverted uterus. It made me dizzy, I broke out in a cold sweat, and the shock of the pain forced me to get sick. All of that in just under two minutes.

Tested positive on a First Response two days later ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Feeling like my period would arrive any minute, had those type cramps and lower back ache, sore boobs and strange tingling in boobs, sooooo hungry and sooooooo tired, could not wait to get home from work and get into bed, the 'afternoon' sickness started at about 6-8 weeks, felt so ill but hungry at the same time strangest feeling ever. I knew i was pregnant before I did the test about 2 days after I was due period (tesco test), had 'that feeling'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

First pregnancy I was nauseous from conception to delivery.

Second pregnancy I had an afternoon of not being able to stand up because I was so dizzy....also terrible cramping, I got the feeling I was pregnant but had a negative test.
    The cramping continued so i tested again a week later and got a positive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Exhaustion/ sleepyness.
    And constant trips to the bathroom, can't remember if it was down to drinking extra due to thirst or not though.
    And hunger- my god the hunger, I remember being told "you're eating for two not three"! The hunger started basically the day after I was due my period and continued til about two weeks after pregnancy was confirmed by which time I was on to the next symptom- "morning" sickness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Boobs getting sore/larger and peeing more often. Morning sickness and tiredness is a few weeks later for me usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

lucky333 wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's a hard one to predict as when ttc we become very tuned into our bodies that we notice things that we normally wouldn't, and so believe it to be a sure sign of pregnancy, possibly to end up disappointed..

Anyway here's mine.. The odd cramp, but not a normal cramp, a cramp/pain that would take your breath away and make you think 'omg what was that' .
    Taste of metal in mouth.
    Waking up every hour or 2.
    Vivid dreams.
    Sore boobs.
    All in the 2 weeks after ov

So true I'm thinking I have symptoms but they are so mild I imagine its my over zealous body tuning!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Insatiable thirst and cramps and extreme tiredness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Cramps.kept feeling like my period was coming so naturally didn't think I was pregnant.

Heightened sense of smell which was quite horrible around rotten smelly foods.

Sick,..I wouldn't have the best stomach anyway so again didn't take it as a sign of pregnancy but when it started lasting literally morning to night and vomiting most of the day then decided to do the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I didn't have any symptoms in the early weeks. We were TTC for a year so I was always looking out for signs and was very aware of any body changes but I had a positive test at 5wks and it wasn't until about 2wks after that I started to feel nauseous and my boobs were swollen and very tender.

Good luck OP hope it's good news for you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JMauraC

Hi all, newbie to this thread.
    I've been ttc for 3 months now and this month I've just felt, more than ever, that I am pregnant. I've had nausea on and off, tiredness (but that's nothing new) and strange cramping/tingling pain quite low down in my tummy. I was sure I was pregnant-just had a feeling. Period not due til Sat/Sun (22nd) but did a test today (19th) and it was negative then this afternoon I got some bleeding that was light and had mucous... not like period bleeding. Very confused now. Was devastated when I saw the bleeding but after reading some other forums I see this can be common. Did any other people have similar symptoms and could I still be pregnant?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

JMauraC wrote: »
    Hi all, newbie to this thread.
    I've been ttc for 3 months now and this month I've just felt, more than ever, that I am pregnant. I've had nausea on and off, tiredness (but that's nothing new) and strange cramping/tingling pain quite low down in my tummy. I was sure I was pregnant-just had a feeling. Period not due til Sat/Sun (22nd) but did a test today (19th) and it was negative then this afternoon I got some bleeding that was light and had mucous... not like period bleeding. Very confused now. Was devastated when I saw the bleeding but after reading some other forums I see this can be common. Did any other people have similar symptoms and could I still be pregnant?

I didn't have any bleeding but used a tesco test a good few days before I was due and got a positive. I have read that tesco tests are very sensitive! But there is another brand you can buy that you can use to test early.
    I think they are called "first response".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I had light bleeding every single day from before my period was due up til around 10 weeks. It was worrying at the time, obviously, but it stopped eventually and everything's going fine now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Could be implantation bleeding. It's still very early to be sure if it's definitely a negative. Give it til your period is due to test again.

Advertisement