Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bravely Default (3DS)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You are wrong but understandably so. Bravely Default: For the Sequel came out which is an update of Bravely Default. It has English language built in as well but unfortunately it's only playable on a japans 3ds. A sequel has however been confirmed.

Am I wrong in thinking that the Pal release is updated as well?

Ah I see that someone else mentioned this earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hrm, should really start this, have had it for about 3 weeks now and not put it into the 3DS once yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The game is very easy till chapter 5, then it steps up, but once you learn the Rampart ability it gets real easy again, still a great game though, I think if you have played FF 3-5 you have a distinct advantage, taking time to work out combos is a big plus as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So I'm approaching the 25 hour mark on this now, and loving every minute of it. Love the amount of customisation it offers you with the chance to mix and match jobs / abilities. Apart from Tiz who I've kept at black mage so far because I'm boring, I have Agnes the Salve Making White Mage, Ringabel the Merchant Valkyrie Pirate and Edea the Sword Magician Ranger. And love how much frustration the variety battle and field options help avoid. I can see myself playing this one to completion, even with the rather staggering amount of content there is to get through (90 hours is several months of playing for me).

If you haven't seen it, magnificent footage from the Bravely Default concert:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

More games need to use FFV's job system, it's just so much fun to break. Other than this game all I can think of is FFV and FFTactics that use it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement