Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL London Games 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm flying to LGW too. The express trains are extortionate though so check out the Easybus from LGW into town just give yourself a bit more time. Great great value.

Another option is to take the First Capital Connect Train to London Bridge. It only takes 30 minutes and the ticket is £10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

This is my first London game, will TM actually send out actual tickets actually, or is it usually will-call? If they're being sent out, how far ahead of the game do they generally send them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

All games sold out, delighted I got tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

All games sold out, delighted I got tickets.

That's impressive. Didn't think they'd sell out 3 games so quickly. Obviously there is huge demand in Europe for the NFL. There will be further tickets available in August / September when the US teams return their unsold portion of tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

infacteh wrote: »
    That's impressive. Didn't think they'd sell out 3 games so quickly. Obviously there is huge demand in Europe for the NFL. There will be further tickets available in August / September when the US teams return their unsold portion of tickets.

The price of tickets at the moment for these is stupid.

There is no way in hell any of these is near remotely completely "sold out"

Do you think there is any point in buying tickets for these at the moment or just wait until the summer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

There is no way in hell any of these is near remotely completely "sold out"

Do you think there is any point in buying tickets for these at the moment or just wait until the summer?

I would agree with the above in bold.... not a chance all 3 are sold out. And there will be plenty of tickets around closer to the events esp the 2 games not involving Lions Falcons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

They won't come down in price...

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Nash Bridges

Does anyone know if and when further tickets will go on sale? Is this random or is there some predictable procedure?

I went to the 49'ers/Jaguars game last year and really enjoyed it. Was intending to go again but was too slow to buy, I didn't think tickets would sell out so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Does anyone know if and when further tickets will go on sale?

They usually come back out on sale late July-Augustish. Now they've claimed they're sold out, but like Silver-Tiger, I also find it hard to believe they sold out 90,000 + thousand tickets X 3. So I'm expecting the usual last minute release of unsold tickets again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FrannyMac

Has anyone gone to the college games in Ireland? Are they worth going to?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The last one was a great occasion and well worth going to, I'll be going again in September.

Nice, might go then! There's one in Croker and the Aviva isn't there?

Just Croker

Ah they not doing it in the Aviva again? I'll have to have a look into Croker so. Are tickets sold through ticketmaster or through GAA?

FrannyMac wrote: »
    Ah they not doing it in the Aviva again? I'll have to have a look into Croker so. Are tickets sold through ticketmaster or through GAA?

Both, ticketmaster lets you pick your seats. you can also get them through tickets.ie

Cool, I'll have a look at that so! I'd say they're pricey are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

FrannyMac wrote: »
    Cool, I'll have a look at that so! I'd say they're pricey are they?

Why not have a look at link? :confused:

Flash isn't working so wasn't coming up for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Is there any irish sellers for the London games, like adverts or buy&sell?

Looking for 2 tickets to the Lions game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd imagine there will be tickets on ticketmaster.co.uk closer to the games. There was the last few years anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭padders67

never been a problem with tickets - especially so this year with there being 3 games .

Quick question, as I've started to plan my trip over in just 3 months (ok, that makes me sound a little OCD). I'm staying in the center of London and going to the 1330 Lions-Falcons game. Assuming there will be tailgate party and whatnot (and if not, why not), what's a good time to head for the stadium? According to the TFL, the tube trip will take about 30mins so I was thinking of catching a train around 1030. Is that just madness, or will I be caught in crowds?

When we went it was a later game but we went an hour or 2 beforehand but just went to a pub up the road with a big beer garden and met up with some friends from UK.

There was a kind of "official" tailgate but it looked a bit forced to be honest so we just went into the stadium after the pub.

Tks Adrian. Did you travel out from London aswell - what were the crowds like 2 hours before? I like the idea of heading out early and if the tailgate is as bad as you say (and other forums bear that out) just finding a quiet pub to sit until I go into the stadium. I'd like to be in the stadium about an hour before kickoff.

The tube was fine, standing room from what I remember but nothing too crazy.

Here's a tip for all going to the Wembley game. When the game is over, you'll inevitable get caught up in the huge crowd leaving and heading down Wembley Way. As your're walking towards Wembley station, the cops have all access roads/paths blocked off to funnel you to the station and out of the area.

Before you get to the steps that lead you up and into the station. To your left, you will see cops standing at control barriers blocking access. Just walk over and tell them you're staying at the Holiday Inn across the road and they'll let you through. You can then do as you please.

You'll avoid the cattle crush at Wembley station, the delays and have some comfort while doing it. The last time I was over, I went to the Holiday Inn after the game, had a beer and got them to call a taxi. We then headed off to continue the party eleswhere. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

We landed out to the steelers game about 2 hours before. from central london , the train wasn't jammers. The tailgate was a *bit* forced but was good craic seeing everyone in their jerseys etc. We made the mistake of leaving the Budweiser area and then had to que for ages to get back in.

Stayed in the stadium for an hour and a bit having a beer or two afterwards (not that expensive) and then we did similar to Corv, we went to an indian restaurant / bar across the road to watch the other Sunday games, few beers then a taxi for 25 quid back into the city.

Must book my flights for the lions game...

Here's a tip for all going to the Wembley game. When the game is over, you'll inevitable get caught up in the huge crowd leaving and heading down Wembley Way. As your're walking towards Wembley station, the cops have all access roads/paths blocked off to funnel you to the station and out of the area.

Before you get to the steps that lead you up and into the station. To your left, you will see cops standing at control barriers blocking access. Just walk over and tell them you're staying at the Holiday Inn across the road and they'll let you through. You can then do as you please.

You'll avoid the cattle crush at Wembley station, the delays and have some comfort while doing it. The last time I was over, I went to the Holiday Inn after the game, had a beer and got them to call a taxi. We then headed off to continue the party eleswhere. :)

What steps do you mean?... are you talking about the station near the IBIS?...

BKWDR wrote: »
    We landed out to the steelers game about 2 hours before. from central london , the train wasn't jammers. The tailgate was a *bit* forced but was good craic seeing everyone in their jerseys etc. We made the mistake of leaving the Budweiser area and then had to que for ages to get back in.

Stayed in the stadium for an hour and a bit having a beer or two afterwards (not that expensive) and then we did similar to Corv, we went to an indian restaurant / bar across the road to watch the other Sunday games, few beers then a taxi for 25 quid back into the city.

Must book my flights for the lions game...

U found an Indian with NFL on the telly? where? pray tell....

• Advertisement

Leslie91 wrote: »
    What steps do you mean?... are you talking about the station near the IBIS?...

These steps.........

13464_wembleypark.jpg

The cops have crowd controls barriers to funnell fans into the station and out of the area when games are over. Just before you go under that flyover on the right of the above picture, there are steps on the left hand side that are blocked off by cops. There are also barriers at the bottom of the steps blocking off access. That's the area I was talking about in my earlier post. There are a a couple of hotels about a 2 minute walk away. Tell the cops you're staying in one and they'll let you through no problem.

Advertisement