Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL London Games 2014

Options
  • 03-12-2013 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

With tickets going on sale in the next couple of days, and i know its a year away, I am torn between what games to go to!
    • The OAKLAND RAIDERS will host the MIAMI DOLPHINS in Week 4 on Sunday, September 28.
    • The ATLANTA FALCONS will host the DETROIT LIONS in Week 8 on Sunday, October 26
    • The JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS will host the DALLAS COWBOYS in Week 10 on Sunday, November 9.

For me the option are the last two games as the first is close enough to the Croke Park Classic.

What game will prove to be the best? I wouldn't mind seeing the Cowboys but meh @ the Jags.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I wont be going to any of them just find theres no atmosphere at the London games tbh.

In theory you would think the Falcons v the Lions would be the game to see, but another draft , free agency who knows how things will be.

Id expect the atmosphere at the Miami Oakland game will probably be the best given both would have pretty large support bases in the UK.

Jags v Dallas would be in my opinion the least attractive of the 3 but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

BKWDR wrote: »
    I am torn between what games to go to!

I don't blame you for being torn, there's nothing remotely interesting about any of those games for me. The NFL could have done much better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I don't blame you for being torn, there's nothing remotely interesting about any of those games for me. The NFL could have done much better imo.

True, but having said that we both loved the whole experience from the vibe around London to the tailgate to the game itself so figured we would do it again and take in a bit more of London so just need to make a decision on what game to see...

Leaning towards Cowboys game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I'll be going to the Falcons Lions game, for me it should be the most competitive, with the added bonus of getting to see Megatron live.

As regards the atmosphere being a little flat, I always wait for the Yanks to return their unsold tickets, normally get them in August. The seats are normally better, and you're in a section with loads of Yank fans, great for a bit of banter! Last year, we were surrounded by Steelers and Viking fans, some craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Was there in 2012 and will be going again in 2014. Not sure which game to go to myself. Have to say I quite enjoyed the atmosphere at the game itself and around London the day before. The fan rally was fun and I was at a fan meeting event (and got my own NFL name badge!) that was filmed for the NFL website as my mate is a journalist and got me in. Hopefully he can get some good seats for us this time around or even in the press box!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Would have to say the Falcons and the Lions as well. The Lions should be at least be competitive next year and the Falcons won't be anywhere near as bad as this year, especially with a high draft pick.

That being said it is the NFL and anything can happen, so just look at the individual teams and players and decide based on who you'd like to get a look at most I suppose.

Ok now thinking falcons lions...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭phili_g

Falcons Lions game is on the October bank holiday weekend for us (not in UK though) so makes it easier to make a weekend out of it in London

• Registered Users Posts: 37,520 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Seriously? The chance to see Megatron, never mind anything else, makes the Falcons/Lions game a serious attraction for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

eagle eye wrote: »
    Seriously? The chance to see Megatron, never mind anything else, makes the Falcons/Lions game a serious attraction for me.

Yes seriously, none of the match ups interest me enough to travel over to London.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Has to be the Falcons v Lions. Just look at the receiver talent that will be out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

Raoul wrote: »
    Has to be the Falcons v Lions. Just look at the receiver talent that will be out there!!

Early kick off for that one.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 5m NFL announces Lions-Falcons game in London will begin at 9:30 a.m. ET on Sunday, October 26.

me89 wrote: »
    Early kick off for that one.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 5m NFL announces Lions-Falcons game in London will begin at 9:30 a.m. ET on Sunday, October 26.

Just reading that now too, 130pm start. .. game changer? ? Not much time for tailgate beers etc

Saying that the games in the states are 130 starts...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

That's exactly it. Most US games kick off at that time.

In terms of interest I'd rank them
    Lions/Falcons
    Cowboys/Jags
    Raiders/Dolphins

If the Jags get one of the superstar rookie QBs that could be fun to see. The Raiders/Dolphins is a match up involving 2 of the 5 most boring teams IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Will it be the first time four games are shown in a row in the states? That would be a Super Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

4 games wow interesting. I guess the NFL will gauge the local tv audiences to see if this is a one off or not.

All they need to do now is add in an Hawaii franchise and we can have 5 games in a row !!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

madalig12 wrote: »
    Will it be the first time four games are shown in a row in the states? That would be a Super Sunday.

The recent Raiders/Chargers game was on at 11pm EST/8pm PST (due a clash with baseball) so they had 4 games that day/night oo

Just after looking at ticketmaster. The cheapest tickets are 88 pounds for restricted view in the lower end zone.

Edit- Think this is wrong.

Just after looking at ticketmaster. The cheapest tickets are 88 pounds for restricted view in the lower end zone.

Club tickets are about 100£ and worth it for the few extra quid.

Think that the link up at the moment on ticketmaster is wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Does anyone know the difference between club and premium club tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Not sure about Premium at Wembley but I know Club Wembley is the equivalent of or similar to the Premium level in Landsdowne, if that's not confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Does anyone know the difference between club and premium club tickets?

Premium Club tickets are along the sideline, better view points. Regular Club tickets are in the corners / endzones.

Just bought my tickets to Lions @Falcons , Club Level, same as last year.

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Regular single game tix go on sale at 10AM tomorrow... Dunno which game to go to. Lions Falcons on paper is most attractive but I'd also like to go see the Dolphins beat the Raiders and see who Jax have playing QB in 2014.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Regular single game tix go on sale at 10AM tomorrow... Dunno which game to go to. Lions Falcons on paper is most attractive but I'd also like to go see the Dolphins beat the Raiders and see who Jax have playing QB in 2014.

How much are the regular season tickets?

BKWDR wrote: »
    How much are the regular season tickets?

£108 and £156.

Do we think the Lions game will still have tickets for sale on Saturday?

Do we think the Lions game will still have tickets for sale on Saturday?

I would have thought so... even if it's the most attractive of the 3 it's not like there isn't a good choice. It might be the only one to "sell out"* mind you.

*however they define it

• Advertisement

Leslie91 wrote: »
    £108 and £156.

Club tickets are only 110, for the difference the club seats are brilliant

Advertisement