Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dismal Christmas Stamps from An Post

Options
  • 03-12-2013 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭

Got the 90c Christmas stamps from the Post Office today for some out of Ireland cards and letters and they are dismal. The machine printed stamps are never too good looking but the bottom of the design barrel was well and truly scraped with these. A sprig of holly. A robin. Austerity stamps from Austerity Ireland? The 60c ones in the booklet are nice enough but these are awful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

This represents an atheist Christmas, cold and unappealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Nice thumb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭theblaqueguy

They should of put my picture on the stamps to celebrate the diversity of ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Well I couldnt give a **** about the stamps. But queuing for 30 mins all year to do anything in the post office kills me. Do the staff really need to have a 5 min conversation with every customer? But yet never enter a registered letter into the system right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

I agree OP, it is a very poor effort... here is the Canadian equivalent

Im not a big fan of Christmas, but at least it looks as if there has been some effort put into designing the Canadian stamps.

Whoever designed the Irish Christmas stamp for 2013, takes no pride in their work.

• Advertisement

I'm of the opposite opinion. I actually hate the booklet ones with the stained-glass window thing on them, but I think the simplistic holly and robin ones are really nice.

I think you have a real problem here though. What if the addressees judge you on your stamp? Maybe you should include a note with your card to say that you're aware of the obvious design flaws and that you sincerely apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Nice thumb

Looks like a mechanics thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

kneemos wrote: »

are you on drugs? it's spotless!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

They could really think outside the box and sell advertising space on the stamp like a lovely Coke Cola Christmas theme or Mr Tayto or even Guinness.
    Think of the revenue it would generate.
    Sent on my Nokia 3310.

are you on drugs? it's spotless!

There's oil under that fingernail.

That's a working mans thumb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

A mechanics secretary maybe.

Who the fcuk is buying stamps..?.. that's what I wan to know! You can get a big ass pre-paid envelope for like 70 cent.

There's oil under that fingernail.

That's a working mans thumb.

More index finger if you observe.
    The cameraman is probably right handed which means he is holding with his left hand.
    If holding in place with his thumb you would see much more of his index finger in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

The cameraman is probably right handed which means he is holding with his left hand.
    If holding in place with his thumb you would see much more of his index finger in the background.

Ya should've gone to specsavers Lando :pac: You can see the rest of his hand in the background.

The index finger is under the stamps.Definitely a thumb I reackon.Looks very straight to be a mechanics actually.Still has oil on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Is there anything AH hasn't moaned about today?

Its getting worse that the Joe Duffy show.

Ya should've gone to specsavers Lando :pac: You can see the rest of his hand in the background.

I stand by my observations but I just might need re-training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

This kind of bullsh!t by an post makes me seethe with rage. Shower of f`cks.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Kikin

I for one am disgusted at the indignation and complete lack of consideration given to letter senders and receivers in this country. A march on the dail at noon is the only solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Aquagakka

Nice thumb

Philately will get you nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Aquagakka wrote: »
    Philately will get you nowhere.

Wins the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

So this is what people complain about nowadays..there's a trivial things that annoy you thread somewhere, this is literally perfect for it.

SV wrote: »
    So this is what people complain about nowadays..there's a trivial things that annoy you thread somewhere, this is literally perfect for it.

Stop complaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Stop complaining.

I'm not :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

SV wrote: »
    I'm not :confused:

Don't Argue/

here's the US rather rotund Christmas Holiday stamp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

So I think I'm correct in saying that its 90c to post a Christmas card anywhere on the island of Ireland, but ho much does it cost to post a card next door to Britain? and then how much to Europe, and then 'The World' as highlighted in yellow on the Link (yellow No 4).

http://postage.anpost.ie/

There was a time not so long ago, when No2 was just a little more expensive than here, (but a lot less than Australia or the US) for example, so whats the story with stamp prices this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

LordSutch wrote: »
    So I think I'm correct in saying that its 90c to post a Christmas card anywhere on the island of Ireland, but ho much does it cost to post a card next door to Britain? and then how much to Europe, and then 'The World' as highlighted in yellow on the Link (yellow No 4).

http://postage.anpost.ie/

There was a time not so long ago, when No2 was just a little more expensive than here, (but a lot less than Australia or the US) for example, so whats the story with stamp prices this year?

60c to Ireland (including NI)
    90c to everywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Yeah, they are pretty bad alright. Was actually shocked at how bad they were when I clicked on the link.

90c - what a rip off!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

This kind of bullsh!t by an post makes me seethe with rage. Shower of f`cks.

I wouldn't care if there was a pic of a wombat riding Miley Cyrus on them, as long as they were cheap (which they're not)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Those aren't the Christmas stamps. The Christmas stamps come in a little booklet of 20. Those are just the random stamps they give everyone this time of year who doesn't specifically ask for Christmas stamps. You go in and ask for 5 stamps right now and you get those robin yokes, which personally I think are also quite cute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

Those aren't the Christmas stamps. The Christmas stamps come in a little booklet of 20. Those are just the random stamps they give everyone this time of year who doesn't specifically ask for Christmas stamps. You go in and ask for 5 stamps right now and you get those robin yokes, which personally I think are also quite cute.

The little booklet of twenty Christmas stamps are only in 60c denominations. There are no other 90c ones for outside Ireland.

Advertisement