Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VGX Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Looking at the schedule for the show, it is going to be rubbish. The 3 secret announcements have been leaked and they are not all that interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Lucreto wrote: »
    Looking at the schedule for the show, it is going to be rubbish. The 3 secret announcements have been leaked and they are not all that interesting.

Yea, will probably watch it for an hour or so before I head to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So its on and a Smug Jeffs face...

P.s. who the feck writes one liners for that fella... Its just horrible and makes gamers look like twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So the leak was fake? Unless they're doing 4 games at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

This is so cringe-worthy, sorry can't watch anymore.

• Advertisement

CVG lied to us.

Good start with Tell Tale. I need to finish Borderlands 2 now.

This is so cringe-worthy, sorry can't watch anymore.

Who the feck is that tool. He makes Jeff look reasonable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Who the feck is that tool. He makes Jeff look reasonable!

Joel Mchale from Community.

Joel Mchale from Community.

Just googled him. Never heard of him. Now I know he is a proper tool.

Anyway... A Remake of a Remake for next gen! :pac: When did Lara moved from adventuring and platforming business to Psycho Mass murderer? I know people said she became a bit more... Violent, but Surely this is a bit over the top!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

any minute now shenmue 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Does anyone have a link to the Gametrailers stream or at least a better one that twitch? The twitch one is stalling every 20 seconds and skipping every 30.

She's surviving. :)

Joel is not helping matters being sarcastic about the hair and other changes.

I'm staying till after Reggie then I'm out. Will watch the reveals later

Does anyone have a link to the Gametrailers stream or at least a better one that twitch? The twitch one is stalling every 20 seconds and skipping every 30.

http://www.spike.com/netstorage/events/vgx/live.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

VGX crew would not be game for that.

It might be a Smash Bros Gameplay demo and big character announcement.
    [If not the Zelda/Metroid debut]

hate to say I told you so but ya I told you so

I think even Jeff is getting sick of that dude...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is tough to watch.

What was his response to Joel's question about the new consoles? I missed it.

Wonder if he just wore the pin as a tease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

GTA Getting GoTY is a farce Imo. Every other game on that list was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Timmyctc wrote: »
    GTA Getting GoTY is a farce Imo. Every other game on that list was better.

Would of given it to Mario, GTA V was a disappointment for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Xenji wrote: »
    Would of given it to Mario, GTA V was a disappointment for me.

GTA was a disappointment for basically everyone. This is the issue with journalism today. They play a game for a few hours - a day and give it 101/100. Then everyone else plays it for a week, gets bored and the games true self is shown but it already got its high marks from the official bodies so its all okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Telltale and borderlands, sounds epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

GTA is game of the year and its not even close.

Pisses on everything else this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I really enjoyed gta v, spent a lot of time on both sp and mp, a lot more time than any other game this year.

And thats not me on the gta train, I really didn't like gta iv. V was a massive improvement. Hope steve ogg wins best actor for trevor.

Its quite funny.... EVERYONE go JIZZ IN MY PANTS every time new GTA comes out and then everyone becomes snopish as hell and say it is **** after a few months.

I loved it when it came out. It was a lot of fun and worth every penny. I have not played it for ages, but it is a good game.

No surprise it won. Though I have to admit, I was a bit lost when I asked myself what was my Goty this time... There were no WOOOOOW for me this year. I still cant answer that question... MH3 on 3DS was the biggest surprise to me I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Broken Age looks interesting, assuming it will make its way onto the PSN at some point, has not been announced on any console yet except for the Ouya ( can we really call that a console :pac: )

Broken Age looks interesting, assuming it will make its way onto the PSN at some point, has not been announced on any console yet except for the Ouya ( can we really call that a console :pac: )

It really is. Looks super cool. First "Premier" that actually made me go: O-o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Its quite funny.... EVERYONE go JIZZ IN MY PANTS every time new GTA comes out and then everyone becomes snopish as hell and say it is **** after a few months.
    I didn't buy GTA 5, but there are a lot of people who get in to the cycle of "ooh new gta" -> "gta sucks" -> "ooh new gta".

I wasn't a fan of GTA 4 really. It seemed even people who generally weren't overly gone on it were big fans of the DLC. I downloaded one of 'em to give it a try and I was just so bored I stopped. I stupidly bought a preowned copy of the game and the DLC to try it out, and it was a waste of that money. That kind of thing sticks.

The only way I'm going to buy a new GTA game (or Resident Evil or Fable for that matter) is if I've played it and know it is better than what I have come to expect from the respective franchises.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I like Joel McHale but christ this is awful. I'd highly recommend no one watches this, and just waits for the trailers afterwards.

Love Broken Age money well spent on that Kickstarter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Ouya have a thing where they fund a game and while it can go to Steam or Linux, it can only be on Ouya in terms of exclusives for some time window. Now, I don't know if the game was given money, or how long the window is, so it isn't overly helpful as much as something to be aware of.

Advertisement