Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VGX Discussion Thread

Options
  • 03-12-2013 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

The VGX the replacement for the VGA's begins this Saturday the 7th December at 11pm GMT. This 3 hour event will contain game trailers for games coming out next year and the year after.

So far the confirmed games are
    Thief 4
    Titanfall
    Quantum Break
    Nintendo game
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    Second Square Enix trailer.

Rumoured
    Mass Effect 4
    Fallout 4
    Tomb Raider
    The Order 1886

What do you expect to see at the event and what games trailers to you hope to see?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

More Metal Gear Solid footage,
    Dragon Age 3

EA have recently filed the Desert Strike trademark, maybe it's a reboot of the Strike series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NaloaC

Very much looking forward to any new material from Titanfall.

I went to Gamescom this year in August and got a game of it and I have to say I was very impressed. Respawn Entertainment are the same guys who made the first Modern Warfare (easily the best of that line of cash cows) which was a great MP game.

The mixture of human-controlled payers and AI 'militia' keeps the map populated, despite low player counts in the game. The Titans themselves are phenomenally good fun as they drastically change the dynamic of how you play. They're not limited to kills either, everyone will get one to use in a game after a certain amount of time. Kills just count towards decreasing the time you have to wait.

It will be interesting to see what Thief brings and whether or not it will remain true to the original titles, or will it simplify things down a bit too much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,884 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's always some good reveals at these. Just hope there's no crappy CG trailers. Nintendo say they have something big to show off... new Zelda??

The awards themselves are a load of arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

garuntee its only an announcement of cranky kong for tropical freeze

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If not a new Zelda, a new Metroid. As long as they show something that will attract the target audience of the VGX. Showing off the next Mario Party or something that appears "casual" even if it turns out great wouldn't be a good way to hook new people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

garuntee its only an announcement of cranky kong for tropical freeze
    VGX crew would not be game for that.

It might be a Smash Bros Gameplay demo and big character announcement.
    [If not the Zelda/Metroid debut]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Please be Zelda !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rumoured
    Mass Effect 4
    Fallout 4
    Tomb Raider

Yes, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's always some good reveals at these. Just hope there's no crappy CG trailers. Nintendo say they have something big to show off... new Zelda??
    I`d love if it was that new franchise, but feel it`ll be hated when revealed.
    J. Marston wrote: »
    Yes, please.
    Tomb Raider will be a remake of the game released back in March apparently.

Mass Effect like Gears, GoW, Assassins Creed & maybe even Uncharted needs to sit on the bench for like 3 years at least, time for the next gen to have its own equivalents of those

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,884 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

GTR63 wrote: »

It will be something well known and loved. The VGA is a lowest common denominator aundience so it would be suicide to announce SMT x Fire Emblem or X at it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

GTR63 wrote: »

Tomb Raider will be a remake of the game released back in March apparently.

Mass Effect like Gears, GoW, Assassins Creed & maybe even Uncharted needs to sit on the bench for like 3 years at least, time for the next gen to have its own equivalents of those

Tomb Raider will be a sequel but a PS4 version of the first is also due. I think the end of January for the first game.

It depends on what changes the games under go on the change to the PS4. Mass Effect could get a full revamp. I am looking forward to see what Uncharted will look like on the PS4.

The awards will be crap like always but the trailers are the draw for the show.

I have my christmas party the same night but I have to work at 10am Sunday I will be watching the show instead. Do 12 pubs of Christmas sober is not my idea of a Christmas party.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I really hope it's a proper Zelda game, as i've no real interest in Smash Brothers. A Metroid game would also be good, though i've not played any of them in years.

Would love to see some more info about the new Monolith Soft game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

New Metroid FPS would be good.

Kiith wrote: »
    I really hope it's a proper Zelda game, as i've no real interest in Smash Brothers. A Metroid game would also be good, though i've not played any of them in years.

Would love to see some more info about the new Monolith Soft game.

It has to be Zelda. There are very few big titles they have that would get people excited. Mario doesn't seem to be getting the sales so a big Zelda trailer might get people to buy Wii U's

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The wording from a Spike TV press release seems to imply it's a previously revealed game
    VGX will also feature Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime presenting a new look at an upcoming Wii U game.

Probably smash bros then

Looks like there is a 15 minute preview of Thief

5mNJQTn.png

Also our friends at Double Fine are revealing something.

I hope it is Broken Age for PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nintendo say they have something big to show off... new Zelda??

If Nintendo is announcing a new game they'll do it through Nintendo direct, not The Geoff Keighly Show. Expect something completely uninteresting like a new stage for Smash Bros.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'm not expecting it to be the new Zelda. That'll be around E3 by means of Nintendo Direct if I were to hazard a guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Geoff Keighly is not hyping the event to anywhere near the extents he has in the past which has me a bit dubious about spending 3 hours watching it on a Saturday night.

I'm expecting plenty of gameplay reveals, re-reveals and some dev interviews. Little to nothing regarding new IP reveals though, which is what I've always tuned in for in the past.

Know one new title (existing IP) that's being revealed, but haven't heard anything else. Fully expect it to be a busy one though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

COYVB wrote: »
    Know one new title (existing IP) that's being revealed, but haven't heard anything else. Fully expect it to be a busy one though
    I know you'll not be able to say who are developers or publishers or anything descriptive, so instead I'll ask this: Is the news exciting? Feel free to answer in the context of for yourself personally, and/or if you think so on a larger scale.

It's been rumoured, and it's fairly exciting yeah, if a little close to the last one

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Joel McHale is presenting, should be a laugh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Assuming we can see anything past his forehead :pac:

Geoff Keighly is not hyping the event to anywhere near the extents he has in the past which has me a bit dubious about spending 3 hours watching it on a Saturday night.

I'm expecting plenty of gameplay reveals, re-reveals and some dev interviews. Little to nothing regarding new IP reveals though, which is what I've always tuned in for in the past.

They're scaling back a lot on the sparkly shiny crap that they used to pull, so I'm quite hopeful to be honest

So whose watching this tonight?

Is there any decent way to stream it through a PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I presume Twitch will be broadcasting it.

• Advertisement

I presume Twitch will be broadcasting it.

Is there a Twitch PS3 app?

Advertisement