Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest a game to 100%

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Mickeroo wrote: »
    FarCry 3 is very easy to 100% and doable within 2 weeks.

Borderlands 2 is a bigger game but still probably doable, it's also just a brilliant game.

In borderlands 2 your are going to have to do a fair bit of new game plus to get to level 50 though. I finished the game and I was only mid level 30's. I have a platinum from the original Borderlands (got it from my first playthrough) but I was no where near with No2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Gears of War 3

*Poker face*

It's a short one, but The Walking Dead is an obvious one.

You can check out other games I've got 100% on in my profile. I'm not sure what other games to recommend. I'm kinda tempted to say Deadly Premonition as its a game that's well worth playing. Thing is, there are lots of things against my saying so. The graphics aren't great, the game requires you to clear it 3 times for the achievements and you have to go around and do a lot of side stuff that isn't the most fun for achievements. If you want my advice, try to not worry too much about the 100% even though that is your stated goal. It's a great game.

(Gears 3 would take you a long, long damn time. Actually, now that I mention it, in case there are others who are going for it, back ups are a necessity. I had my stats reset when I was at 30 onyx medals and had to start again. Ok, didn't have to, but I did.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Guild Wars 2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Ok I've made my decision here; Fallout New Vegas.

I completed the main game last night, sided with Mr House.

So I have a ton of achievements left most related to doing 10k damage with various weapon types and completing each of the stages in the DLC.

So far I've completed the roulette, blackjack and slot achievements. The caravan one was a right pain in the hole but done now.

Gonna do the DLC then prepare for my hardcore playthrough to get the rest.

Considered Dark Souls but that just looks like complete torture that would take months of daily play.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Or just play the game and enjoy playing it whatever way you want instead of trying to do pointless "achievements".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

quarryman wrote: »
    Ok I've made my decision here; Fallout New Vegas.

I completed the main game last night, sided with Mr House.

So I have a ton of achievements left most related to doing 10k damage with various weapon types and completing each of the stages in the DLC.

So far I've completed the roulette, blackjack and slot achievements. The caravan one was a right pain in the hole but done now.

Gonna do the DLC then prepare for my hardcore playthrough to get the rest.

Considered Dark Souls but that just looks like complete torture that would take months of daily play.

Done Dark Souls recently. I had all the trophies from normal play so it just took a couple quick playthroughs for Sif souls and weapon upgrades. Took a few days of a couple hours play. My only platinum trophy as it's the only game I don't mind replaying again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

BloodBath wrote: »
    Or just play the game and enjoy playing it whatever way you want instead of trying to do pointless "achievements".

Or let him do what he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Enjoy whatever way I want? So by doing achievements then?

See, I don't get this achievement snobbery. Surely a game is a set of arbitrary tasks; do this quest, kill this boss etc (it's the entire premise of the Borderlands series). So why should achievement completion be deemed any less worthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Well he has played the game, and has enjoyed playing it, but has finished it and maybe he wants to enjoy that bit longer by completing all the achievements.

Advertisement