Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest a game to 100%

Options
  • 21-11-2013 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

Xbox 360 only.

The only game I have 100% in is Oblivion. I loved it. This was also before achievements were about "Collect 2 million hidden packages" etc. It was more about "Complete every mission" ie, stuff that could be done in an a reasonable amount of time.

The next closest I have is probably Halo 3. Except for all the mulitplayer achievements, I hate MP and haven't managed them.

So I have some free time on the way to me and feel like playing a game to 100%.

It needs to be a game that I actually enjoy and be able to hit 100% in achievements within a couple of weeks.

Suggestions please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Might be too close to Oblivion, but I 100% Fallout 3 twice, once on 360 once on PS3 and I rarely 100% games, just ones that are enjoyable to do it, or games I really love and give me an excuse to stay in the world a little longer. Fallout 3 was the first one of those experiences for me. Arkham Asylum was another one and Assassin's Creed 2 I think. I never try and 100% a game with multiplayer achievements, especially if they're older games. Alan Wake was another one I enjoyed 100%ing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Fallout 3 on 360.
    I made sure I completed every single mission in the game, every DLC and systematically made sure I searched every single building in the game.

I've since got myself a life and have been unable to approach any other game like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

quarryman wrote: »
    Xbox 360 only.

The only game I have 100% in is Oblivion. I loved it. This was also before achievements were about "Collect 2 million hidden packages" etc. It was more about "Complete every mission" ie, stuff that could be done in an a reasonable amount of time.

The next closest I have is probably Halo 3. Except for all the mulitplayer achievements, I hate MP and haven't managed them.

So I have some free time on the way to me and feel like playing a game to 100%.

It needs to be a game that I actually enjoy and be able to hit 100% in achievements within a couple of weeks.

Suggestions please.

I would go for Assassins Creed 2. Now one achievement is to collect all the feathers which I never completed, however I think I unlocked all but 2 just playing the game normally. Its definitely a game you will get close to doing 100% by just playing it.

sarumite wrote: »
    I would go for Assassins Creed 2. Now one achievement is to collect all the feathers which I never completed, however I think I unlocked all but 2 just playing the game normally. Its definitely a game you will get close to doing 100% by just playing it.

The feathers was the last thing I completed on it and just found a map on a game FAQ or something and had that open on the iPad as I played it. Only time I use FAQs or guides is when there's an obscene amount of collectibles. Rest of the achievements and all are more straightforward to get in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Good suggestions.

Fallout 3 won't work as I much preferred New Vegas. It would struggle to hold my attention.

Ass Creed 2 is a great idea. I remember when I completed that first time around I really thought "I should play that through again". A 100% on it would extend it's value.

edit, just checked. I have completed 855/1000 on AC2. I wonder will I just finish it out or start again and hit 1000 that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Arkham Asylum?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Dark Souls is a great one to go for, pretty tough though!

edit, just checked. I have completed 855/1000 on AC2. I wonder will I just finish it out or start again and hit 1000 that way.

Yeah I decided to 100% it when I realised how close I was to it when I finished the game.

Arkham Asylum was a good one because you had to get really good at the combat to get the 3 stars on the challenge rooms. Was perfect, just throwing on podcasts for a few hours to get through 'em, took the frustration out of it.

Dark Souls is a great one to go for, pretty tough though!

No thanks. I'll like having my tv without a controller embedded in the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Just Cause 2, if you can live with the repetitiveness. I personally couldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My favourite Platinums (same 100% on xbox) were Assassins Creed 2, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Mass Effect 2 & Mass Effect 3. Would definitely recommend the ME ones if you're into that kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Hitman Absolution is probably fairly easy, good game too.
    Far Cry 3 doesn't appear to be too difficult either, but some of the achievements require co-op play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Dark Souls is by far one of the best games to 100% imo. So satisfying and generally very fun to do. Nothing grindy about it!

Good suggestions.

Fallout 3 won't work as I much preferred New Vegas.

Well thats because it is the better game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

sarumite wrote: »
    Well thats because it is the better game.

This thread has me checking my FO trophies and I saw I only have 1% done in New Vegas, I remember just stopped playing it very early on but don't know why. Maybe it's time to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Gonna have to put forward Dark Souls as well as it is the only platinum trophy I have and it never felt like grinding.

My next favourite game of this gen is probably New Vegas and I hope to go back to it eventually to try a Caesar run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I dont think I've ever 100% ed a game. i might go back to AC2 actually and see what iv got, it was a great game. thank you games on gold or whatever its called because iv long since traded it in

• Registered Users Posts: 35 luckyluke87

Sniper ghost warrior 2, platinumame is cheap and not good, but if u r looking for easy 100% this is it. Multi needs 1.30 hour for each player boosting

Hot line Miami. Only 1 trophy is hard, get each lvl grade a+ but if you remove patch u can get it after 11 - 13 missions

Tomb raider has nice trophy, Only multi is completely ****, And needs good 15 h boosting with partner

Crysis 1. 9 hours platinum without multi

Hitman collection, 15 hours platinum each game(Hitman 2, 3,4)

Deus ex hr 20 h platiniu. Game is very good so deserve for it.

Far cry 3 and blood dragon easy plat and 100%.

Ok I started back into AC2. I have 13 achievements to do there and the only really difficult one I can see is probably the feathers. I'll find a walk through if needed.

One thing though. I forgot how utterly amazing this game looks. It's almost 4 years old now and there are few games made since then that look better IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

I've platinumed both Fallouts and Skyrim, which was actually fairly easy. You liked oblivion so maybe try Skyrim? Fallout NV took a good while because you need multiple characters to complete the various main quests

• Advertisement

I wasn't a fan of skyrim, particularly the load times, oh god the numerous long load times.

Fallout NV is my alternative choice to AC2. Despite having put in 70 odd hours I only have 17/75 achievements. Most of them look do-able. But I'm a bit intimidated by the achievement requiring playing the game through on Hardcore. Urgh.

I wasn't a fan of skyrim, particularly the load times, oh god the numerous long load times.

Fallout NV is my alternative choice to AC2. Despite having put in 70 odd hours I only have 17/75 achievements. Most of them look do-able. But I'm a bit intimidated by the achievement requiring playing the game through on Hardcore. Urgh.

Hardcore is cool. The game itself isn't necessarily harder, it just requires a bit more focus. You really need to decide which guns you want to bring as your ammo now has weight. You need a trade-off with what you carry as you will get hungry and thirsty quite quickly so you always need food etc, not just for healing. Its not a major problem when you have your companions as they can carry a lot of the weight. But my feeling is that the enemies aren't any stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

To be honest I played games a hell of a lot more in the past than I do now... Just time issues and what not.

Maybe not a 100%-er but for me the most amount of time I put in was Zelda - link to the past, I tried to find everything in that game!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Is there such thing as a SSD for the XBox?
    On PC the load times are so fast that you rarely get a chance to read the little info tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The very idea of anyone spending any amount of timing trying to complete a set of arbitrary "achievements" instead of just playing through a game naturalistically makes me feel sad and confused.

But slightly aroused too, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

100 percent on the latest assassins creed was very satisfying. Sure there lots of collectables but they are so easy to find you will breeze through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,701 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.

Although you WILL need a guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I love 100%ing a game. I'm aiming for it in DmC at the moment. My friends and I call it "badging" a game, as when you do it on Xbox360, you get a little icon for it in your dashboard. That's the badge. I've never had the same kinda drive towards 100%ing games on PS3 though.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

FarCry 3 is very easy to 100% and doable within 2 weeks.

Borderlands 2 is a bigger game but still probably doable, it's also just a brilliant game.

Advertisement