Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharged 4 bills in a row!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

OP, we understand you are frustrated by this and that it gets resolved usually if you ring the company up. Even though the problem gets sorted you still want to come on here and have a bit of a moan and see if anyone else has the same problem. But has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Never happened to me with any supplier of any commodity. I think the problem may be on your side.

Where did you get that from? I deal with a lot of suppliers of different things and have a number of direct debits attached to my account. It's happened with a few different ones, vodafone being the worst, all admitting an error on their side..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

OP, we understand you are frustrated by this and that it gets resolved usually if you ring the company up. Even though the problem gets sorted you still want to come on here and have a bit of a moan and see if anyone else has the same problem. But has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I doubt it.

Can you rephrase the piece I have bolded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

You should underpay them...four months in a row.

I'm sure they'll personally ring you, wait on hold, wait for you to explain the situation and tell them you'll correct it. Surely, they won't mind.

Oh wait - it never works that way. Funny how that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

cormie wrote: »
    Where did you get that from? I deal with a lot of suppliers of different things and have a number of direct debits attached to my account. It's happened with a few different ones, vodafone being the worst, all admitting an error on their side..

From having lived over 69 years on this earth. From having a background in finance. From buying commodities for decades. From being an early and frequent user of direct debouts and standing orders. From my life. You just seem to be unfortunate. But please don't call me a lier for answering your OP with a truth that just doesn't suit you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It's a pity there's no paypal option for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Can you rephrase the piece I have bolded?

I'm afraid I can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

A few years ago I realised I was on the absolute worst plan for me and I was stupidly racking up huge bills. I eventually called up VF one day and asked what I could do because I was about to move flats, change cars, change job and a very close friend abroad was in the middle of a crisis. In other words I knew I was about to have a month with the phone stuck to my ear. The recommended a package, I agreed and instructed them to switch over.

So I didn't have an email bill at the time and the bill went to my old address but the next thing I know is that I got a DD hit from VF of many hundred euro. I think it was around €400 iirc. I had gone way over the agreed minutes and the bill should have been about €120 or something. I rang up and they acknowledged it was their mistake. I explained my change of situation with all the upheaval in my life and that I literally couldn't pay my rent if I didn't get a refund. They told me my account would be credited for the amount but they couldn't refund me. They just absolutely flat out refused.

It worked out fine for them. I pre paid my bills for many many months into the future. The worst thing is that I was too over it by the time it worked through to change from VF :rolleyes:

I think I've just convinced myself to leave them in the new year actually.

From having lived over 69 years on this earth. From having a background in finance. From buying commodities for decades. From being an early and frequent user of direct debouts and standing orders. From my life. You just seem to be unfortunate. But please don't call me a lier for answering your OP with a truth that just doesn't suit you.

I think you may have taken my post wrongly, I didn't call you a liar at all, apologies if it came across that way.

Here I am again, I received another higher than expected bill off Vodafone and have been trying to speak to someone about it the whole week. I've called every day since the business team have been back on Tuesday and they can't talk to me about the issue because their internal billing system is down and has been down for I think it's now 6 days.

My 24 month contract with them finished yesterday and the only reason I'd stay with them is because they have a nice roaming (2.99+VAT for 100MB anywhere in the world) and international call/text offer (100 included calls/texts per month). I'm paying 55eur for my plan (it used to be 85 I think so they have come down), but it's nowhere near as good as some of the 30 day rolling sim only plans out there now so the money I save each month would go towards covering the roaming/international costs, if I can get the same at home usage for €30, that's about €300 I have to cover these per year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

It's not just Vodafone, it's happened a lot where I've had companies overcharging me on direct debits and they would have gotten away with it

if not for those meddling kids
    Here I am again, I received another higher than expected bill off Vodafone and have been trying to speak to someone about it the whole week. I've called every day since the business team have been back on Tuesday and they can't talk to me about the issue because their internal billing system is down and has been down for I think it's now 6 days.
    My 24 month contract with them finished yesterday and the only reason I'd stay with them is because they have a nice roaming (2.99+VAT for 100MB anywhere in the world) and international call/text offer (100 included calls/texts per month). I'm paying 55eur for my plan (it used to be 85 I think so they have come down), but it's nowhere near as good as some of the 30 day rolling sim only plans out there now so the money I save each month would go towards covering the roaming/international costs, if I can get the same at home usage for €30, that's about €300 I have to cover these per year.
    vodafone do 30 day rolling

Wow, that Vodafone RED sim only plan looks like it'll give me exactly what I have for €25 less a month, thanks a lot!

EDIT: Ah bollix, I see it's only 1gb instead of the 2gb I'm on :(

EDIT 2: Aghh, it gets worse, the €30 sim only doesn't have the 100ww minutes or texts either :p

This just doesn't stop. I made some account changes with Vodafone since my last message here changing to a different mobile plan and a premises change on the landline. I've been overcharged 2 more bills in a row now, one by about €70, the other about €40. They said that with the premise change everything would be the same including a €3 discount I was getting for having my mobile account with them too, after the premise change the price went up and they took weeks to track the call of where I was told everything would be the same, then I got a letter today saying I was getting a €5 discount for the first 12 months of the contract and then it would go back to full price :mad: It would work out more expensive than the price I had been on eventually.

Again, just a warning, always check your bills. Companies screw up, especially when there is automation.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Karsini wrote: »
    This seems to be common with Vodafone. Same thing happened to my brother and they refused to admit that it was an error. They eventually sent him a threatening solicitors letter because he refused to pay the amount they claim he owes.

All sounds dreadfully familiar.. some 4 years ago during a dispute with vf they cut me off. I had already had a E700 refund.. one of their emplioyees asked me how I did that and I said, I threatened them with a solicitor.. " Oh that;ll do it." They are not supposed to cut you off during a dispute...so I binned them, got fixed uo with digiweb satellite and blueface ip phone... many months later a threatening solicitors letter from vf who had not topped charging me rental and phone plan although they had cut me off. I replied to the letter then moved house leaving no forwarding address as arguing with these people is stressful and useless. Very happy with what I have here. The bill vf sent bv the way in the nasty letter was well into 4 figures. Have you tried the vf forum here? You will find find fellow sufferers in abundance

I pay digiweb 39 and blueface 25. not much for the 39 but the blueface call plan is 2,000 minutes a month world wide and with family overseas that matters , digiweb is the only broadband access where I live

Thanks for the suggestion, coincidently, I never knew blueface offered mobile services until yesterday and I may already be about to switch! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

If they overbill you just go nuts and threaten to get comreg involved etc. They will give you a whole free year or more just to placate :p

Thanks for the suggestion, coincidently, I never knew blueface offered mobile services until yesterday and I may already be about to switch! :)

I just have freedom world and pay for the very few mobile calls I make.... But I know exactly what my communication will cost and the freedom world is perfect for my needs. 2,000 minutes a month for E25... I would never ever go back to a landline. I pay online each month and no contract

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yeah I dont get why you would moan on AH for two years and not contact comreg.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I'd be calling a lot of mobiles myself. Joey, from what I've read on boards, comreg aren't really active when it comes to laying down the law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've had various issues like this over the years with phone and utility companies in Ireland - most of em just can't seem to manage direct debits without screwing it up on a regular basis... usually leaving me out of pocket while I spend hours chasing them to sort it

As a result, none of them get my bank details now. I just pay everything online through An Post's MyBills site

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'd be calling a lot of mobiles myself. Joey, from what I've read on boards, comreg aren't really active when it comes to laying down the law.

Comreg are useless.. all they can do is ensure the complaint is dealt with by the company BUT how that complaint is addressed or what is offered is up to the company involved :rolleyes:

Advertisement