Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharged 4 bills in a row!

Options
  • 20-11-2013 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭

I've just been overcharged for the 4th bill in a row from Vodafone! Have had to ring up each time and speak to CC, can't get through to them now either :rolleyes:

It's not just Vodafone, it's happened a lot where I've had companies overcharging me on direct debits and they would have gotten away with it had I not spotted it myself.

So is this a common occurrence or am I just unlucky?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Check your bill against whatever your plan allows, should be able to see it all online.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,480 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Imagine if there was somewhere to Talk To: Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I know I know, it's not just vodafone and it's quick enough to resolve each month but having to phone them after each bill I receive is getting a bit tiresome. Just wondering if most people tend to get overcharged from various bills or am I just getting more of my fair share?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Maybe you're just going outside your plan? there's a dozen things you could be getting charged for and not realising it

• Registered Users Posts: 24 UltraRunPaul

Vodafone CC seems to be in real trouble today, the IVR kicked me out three times when I entered my number and the most recent time I called (about 11am today) ig ot a recording "We are experiencing some technical issues", and then cut me off. Anyone else have the same problem?

• Advertisement

I had the problem too but eventually got through just about 10 minutes ago and got sorted.

I'm not going outside my plan. It's apparently been sorted and I'll be getting credit back (as I have done the past 3 months) and will not happen again apparently :)

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

cancel direct debits and pay manually. direct debits cost a fortune

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I got charged for 11 months in a row on some seriously dodgy Amazon associated deal.
    They were sound enough to refund me the whole thing the next day after I finally spotted it though, in fairness to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

I was overcharged by vf since I changed to fibre 2 months ago,got through after 10 mins and they gave me 20 euro off my next 3 bills so all good.

This seems to be common with Vodafone. Same thing happened to my brother and they refused to admit that it was an error. They eventually sent him a threatening solicitors letter because he refused to pay the amount they claim he owes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Get your hands on some C 4's and see how quickly they overcharge you then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭The Dom

I got charged for 11 months in a row on some seriously dodgy Amazon associated deal.

Amazon stung me on the small print of a deal where they ask you to trial free shipping for a month. I signed up and after the month they charged me €30 or close to it, every month for five months. I only noticed when I had €34 odd left one night and headed off to the O2 for a concert, thinking I had enough for a few beers, bite to eat before and after. Then the TSB atm tells me to feck off with my request for €30 (the Amazon charge had hot) and it was a crap night of sitting there like a tool with no funds, watching everyone else eat and drink for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I've just spent the entire afternoon giving out about them overcharging me for the last few phone bills.
    Seems they've completely disregarded the minutes that are meant to be included in my plan and charged me through the hoop for every second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Vodafone are incredibly poor for billing. I got a very odd bill off them charging for calls on a broadband only plan. They first refused point blank to say that there was an error and insisted I owed the money but I finally got through to someone who actually looked at my bill and realised it was nonsense.

Poor company to deal with, but to be fair the actual broadband service I am getting is good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

dirtyden wrote: »
    Vodafone are incredibly poor for billing. I got a very odd bill off them charging for calls on a broadband only plan. They first refused point blank to say that there was an error and insisted I owed the money but I finally got through to someone who actually looked at my bill and realised it was nonsense.

Poor company to deal with, but to be fair the actual broadband service I am getting is good.

Well considering they moved their jobs from where they were Dublin and Dundalk to Newry with a whole new set of employees, im not surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

dirtyden wrote: »

If you were on a a broadband only plan, surely they were right to charge you for calls as they would not be included in your plan?

Annnnnd again... new overcharge this time, no more €12 flat fee but they are trying to charge me €7.38 for 13mb used while in Northern Ireland even though I'm on red roaming for €3.99 (which they also charged me) which gives me 100mb. I was only in the North for about 2 hours. Another call in the morning I guess. 5 bills in a row now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,035 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Here's a silly qestion:

Has anyone ever been undercharged by vodafone...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Switch?

Still in contract, and to be honest, that Vodafone red deal is great for regular roaming!

• Advertisement

Rang them up and had the charge credited back and hopefully the issue resolved (again)... Asked them was there anything they could do for me (going by the post by "ofcork" above getting €20 off his next 3 bills and they said no, all they could do was the refund. I'll probably leave them once the contract is up, pity as the red roaming is really handy but in terms of calls/texts in Ireland, there's far better deals out there now, the savings of which should more than cover any roaming charges over a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭preston johnny

Here's a silly qestion:

Not exactly on a bill, but I got a free I phone 4s of the cnuts, they fcucked up wholesale :D FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Terrible company to deal with, there CC told me that there 3g is stronger than my 100meg fibre UPC box wifi and thats why I was using over 4 gig of data a month, I changed to 48 and I've used less than 1 gig even when I tether my nexus to the phone everyday. I was a vodafone customer bill pay for over 10 years. Best thing I ever did was get rid of the cnuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

cormie wrote: »
    I know I know, it's not just vodafone and it's quick enough to resolve each month but having to phone them after each bill I receive is getting a bit tiresome. Just wondering if most people tend to get overcharged from various bills or am I just getting more of my fair share?

Never happened to me with any supplier of any commodity. I think the problem may be on your side.

If you were on a a broadband only plan, surely they were right to charge you for calls as they would not be included in your plan?

Its a broadband only plan. I cant make calls. I cannot use the line for calls. I can see how you might have misinterpreted what I typed though, apologies. But the Vodafone staff should have known what I should have been paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

Even though I got the 20 euro off after the overcharging the last time,i was charged for calls on this bill even though I have unlimited local national and uk and 100 mins to mobiles,they said ill be refunded on the next bill.I honestly don't know what their billing dept are at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Filibuster

Imagine if there was somewhere to Talk To: Vodafone

They are **** too. Tried them and the vodafone.ie messageboard to get the unlock codes and just given the go around.

Filibuster wrote: »
    They are **** too. Tried them and the vodafone.ie messageboard to get the unlock codes and just given the go around.

Yep, they will post a generic answer looking for a PM, and that will be the last you will hear from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭badabing106

Here's a silly qestion:

Hah No, my father paid 10 euro for free calls(mobile and landline for one month) on dececember 6th ( have reciept) and an extra 9 euro was taken from his account for landline calls on December 9th. I contacted Vodafone and they told me it was a "system error". I requested call charges for the last three months and they told me it would cost me 6:35 euro to get this information !

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057102436/1#post87954528

Horrible company to deal with/No help at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement