Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any improvement in Three's reception since the O2 merger?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Three have potential to be a great network. Considering all the services they offer. For eg: I can buy apps off my bill/credit. Very good outdoor reception (indoor isnt great). And lots of exclusive deals. Also the best value

They're only the "best value" because they're trying to undercut to build market share. When they suddenly become the market share leader by being approved the O2 Ireland deal, who do they need to undercut anymore?

Factor in too that O2 Ireland may be underperforming but is still quite profitable, whereas Three has grown subscriber numbers considerably but continues to post massive losses every year for some eight years at this stage.

So while we might not see Three customers taking on the existing O2 price plans, you certainly won't see O2 customers getting the current Three plans. I can't see them running two brands (Telefonica probably wouldn't even allow it) so there's only one way I can see this is gonna go.- and that's what the Competition Regulator will need to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Kensington wrote: »
    They're only the "best value" because they're trying to undercut to build market share. When they suddenly become the market share leader by being approved the O2 Ireland deal, who do they need to undercut anymore?

Factor in too that O2 Ireland may be underperforming but is still quite profitable, whereas Three has grown subscriber numbers considerably but continues to post massive losses every year for some eight years at this stage.

So while we might not see Three customers taking on the existing O2 price plans, you certainly won't see O2 customers getting the current Three plans. I can't see them running two brands (Telefonica probably wouldn't even allow it) so there's only one way I can see this is gonna go.- and that's what the Competition Regulator will need to decide.

Okay I disagree with you on alot of your post. To start off, you only factored in thay Three are the best value, you didnt comment about there services or anything else. Also in your comment about why three are the best value you mentioned that when three takeover 02 they will have the most market share. Thats also untrue as Vodafone will still be bigger. I think this will drive down prices further as three try to win more market share then vodafone.

To be honest I dont understand your last part, I dont understand what you are implying about price plans.

Anyway, I wonder if the MNVO UPC will bring much to the table if them plans go ahead. We may see more competition there if they pick up some ground (and I say they will because of there broadband, phone and tv service)

Has anyone joined eircoms e-vision service yet? If so whats it like.

And finally, I wonder if sky will consider setting up a mobile network (I personally highly doubt this will happen)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Carnacalla wrote: »

Anyway, I wonder if the MNVO UPC will bring much to the table if them plans go ahead. We may see more competition there if they pick up some ground (and I say they will because of there broadband, phone and tv service)
    Personally I am patiently waiting for the UPC carrier to launch. It can't but be competitive with Three and I will likely get economies of synergy (?) with a single provider for quad play services. I might even resubscribe to their TV service.

I wonder if there will ever be 6 services. Power, gas, mobile phone, house phone , broadband and tv??

Finally got a friend to switch to three.
    He only switched cuz he got a good phone and the 250mb that vodafone and meteor give him wont give him any video or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Finch127

Hey,

I was actually going to start a thread about this. Ever since it was announced , my 3g signal has dropped to next to nothing.

Now I thought it was to do with custom roms on my S3, but since then Ive got a replacement sim card and tested it in a stock iPhone with the same results.

If the carrier cannot provide the service advertised in major urban areas, does that not entitle me to get out of contract?

Advertisement