Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest/Favourite Twists in games?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Braid:
    you are thinking you were saving the princess but in truth you were the monster

I love that game. I have no idea what its about though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Grimebox wrote: »
    I love that game. I have no idea what its about though.

The Manhattan Project apparently.

I'm not making it up and I'm also just as confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The Manhattan Project apparently.

I'm not making it up and I'm also just as confused.

I read that explanation too. Still don't get it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That bit, about half way through TloU, and something horrible happens to a character you have grown attached to.
    And the worst thing is its prefaced, innocently with a conversation that sounds so innocuous beforehand, but a mere minute later becomes one of the saddest things I have ever come across in any media, a thing that will probably stay with me a long time.
    Bring a tear to a glass eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That bit, about half way through TloU, and something horrible happens to a character you have grown attached to.
    And the worst thing is its prefaced, innocently with a conversation that sounds so innocuous beforehand, but a mere minute later becomes one of the saddest things I have ever come across in any media, a thing that will probably stay with me a long time.
    Bring a tear to a glass eye.

Its so weird I was gonna post about TLOU in this as I'm playing through it again but I was gonna mention
    the ending. Was full on sure that we were letting Ellie go for a stage. Is it Tess you are on about?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No, the part of game that knocked me for six, was when
    Sam having the chat with Ellie, about what happens to peoples souls when they are bitten, are they still in there or are they just gone, and she replies that, underneath it all, she thinks they are just gone, and with that she leaves Sam, who then, alone, examines a bite from an infected on his leg, then we see the next morning and the sight of Ellie finding Sam turned and what ensues from that moment. The horrible thing wasn't Sams execution at the hands of his older brother, and Henry's subsequent suicide, but the way the conversation the previous night took on a whole more desperate tone, a child looking to know if his soul would live on somehow, or would it be trapped inside a monster or be just gone, and getting no comfort from another child who had no idea, then Sam spending his last night as himself alone
    , it still makes me shiver and marks the point in the game, for me, when it went from being another survival horror, Resident Evil/Uncharted mashup to being something far more grown up, a game that asks a lot more of the audience than a tolerance for gore and jump scares.

Also, the scenes with Ellie as the explorer in the snow were amazing, I could have played an entire game like that, reminded me of the film Hanna.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

While not the greatest twist, I didn't see the end of dead space coming.

Advertisement