Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moneybookers/Skrill

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

As far as I know you can't. Must withdraw through the same deposit method.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

paulb06 wrote: »
    As far as I know you can't. Must withdraw through the same deposit method.

Bet365 allow like once a month or something like that, can't remember exact details. I deposited through a different method and was able to process it back to the my bank account, just live chat them and asked and went through a week later, bounced back the first time as wasn't allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sparticous

How do u activate ur skrill card is it by using it at ATM

Sparticous wrote: »
    How do u activate ur skrill card is it by using it at ATM

Yes, and change pin if want to then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

paulb06 wrote: »
    Yes and plus does anyone know the reason when you go to upload money to Skrill it asks you for what reason? ie gambling or non gambling.

If you select non-gambling then you won't be able to transfer/deposit those funds to any gambling merchant, it's just to restrict the funds on your account for non-gambling activities.

I basically want to show no digital trace of gambling at all so don't want to get there and then find that atm transactions are being looked at from skrill in the Mortgage process. Hoping to leave a gambling pot out there on skrill and not have anyone involved in the mortgage process know about it only myself while i move it between bookies.

Cheers

As another poster alluded, the banks are not stupid, if you really want no trace you can now upload to skrill using a paysafe card, that way you deposit and withdraw to sites with skrill funds all the bank will see is funds hitting your account.

I'd stick to using bankwire to avoid their upload fees, if using your card deposit directly to the bookie to avoid the upload fees. It shows up on your statement the same. You'd still probably have to explain those transactions to any bank manager if applying for a mortgage.

Direct card deposits also show up as below.

POS SKR*SKRILL.C
    shmeee wrote: »
    Sounds okay so, and then just withdraw as you need with the Skrill card, it's limited at €250 in 24 hours btw. Its a great option all the same. I try and deposit a good lump at once and hopefully last's me a decent spell of time and then take out with the skrill card as good as instantly.

It's 1.80 a pop unless you've got vip status in which case it's free. You can also withdraw 250-2.5k depending on your vip level (your average punter wouldn't come close to the volume required to reach that level though).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭frankmul

Just checking to see if I have this correct. It's free to lodge money to skrill, free to deposit to bookie, free to withdrawl from bookie to skrill. Skrill just charge you to withdraw your money from them unless your a VIP?

frankmul wrote: »
    Just checking to see if I have this correct. It's free to lodge money to skrill, free to deposit to bookie, free to withdrawl from bookie to skrill. Skrill just charge you to withdraw your money from them unless your a VIP?

There is a fee if you upload directly to your skrill account through the skrill website. There is no fee if you upload via skrill from a bookies site, ie. Powers or Bet365 and so on. There is no charge to withdraw to your skrill account from the bookies. There is a fee to withdraw money back to your bank account or for using the skrill mastercard unless your a VIP.

Fees listed here : https://www.skrill.com/en/personal/fees/

The only fee I pay is to withdraw at atm via skrill mastercard, €1.80 and I'd send over the correct amount from bookies acccount to my skrill acccount, for example €101.80 so I can take out a €100. Or pay a few to send to my bank account, €2.95 a transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Just set up a skrill a/c and it says on the site to upload money from visa is 1.9%.Am I right in thinking it is then free to send the money from Skrill to PP ,Bet 365 etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭seklly

yabadabado wrote: »
    Just set up a skrill a/c and it says on the site to upload money from visa is 1.9%.Am I right in thinking it is then free to send the money from Skrill to PP ,Bet 365 etc ?

Yep, free to deposit and withdraw to/from PP/Bet365, but withdrawing from Skrill to bank will also get charged.

Don't upload on the skrill site. Upload from the online bookies site, ie. bet365, go to deposit method and select skrill there then, and it will go from your bank to your skrill account then onto your bet365 and there won't be that charge to upload fees.

• Advertisement

Don't upload on the skrill site. Upload from the online bookies site, ie. bet365, go to deposit method and select skrill there then, and it will go from your bank to your skrill account then onto your bet365 and there won't be that charge to upload fees.

Do I not need to have cash on the Skrill a/c to begin with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Do I not need to have cash on the Skrill a/c to begin with ?

No once you have money in your bank account you will be ok. Bank>Skrill>Bookie in the one transaction.

Cheers ,so just link my bank account to my Skrill account and I avoid all fees.

Cheers ,so just link my bank account to my Skrill account and I avoid all fees.

You avoid all deposit fees into bookies, but still there is a charge to withdraw back to bank account from skrill account.

You avoid all deposit fees into bookies, but still there is a charge to withdraw back to bank account from skrill account.

Perfect thanks guys.
    I will be just glad if I have a few quid to withdraw back to my bank a/c :D

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Hi all, similar problems here re banks and mortgages.

I had considered the o2moneycard but apparently you can't withdraw to this with some bookies. I was thinking that bank transfers to an o2 money card look clean from a banks perspective vs transfers to skrill. Another problem I saw was that to top up skrill via paysafecard incurs 5.5% charge!!

So my plan now is bank to o2moneycard. Then o2moneycard to skrill. Can then withdraw via skrill at ATM, or alternatively use either card to buy stuff.

Does anyone with a better understand of all this see any issues with this?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Lads does anybody use Neteller?

Just a few questions on it:

Anyone know the % charges etc?
    What's the best way to get your money out?
    Does anybody use their card?
    Is it reliable/ does it show up in bank accounts in a negative way?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Hi all, similar problems here re banks and mortgages.

I had considered the o2moneycard but apparently you can't withdraw to this with some bookies. I was thinking that bank transfers to an o2 money card look clean from a banks perspective vs transfers to skrill. Another problem I saw was that to top up skrill via paysafecard incurs 5.5% charge!!

So my plan now is bank to o2moneycard. Then o2moneycard to skrill. Can then withdraw via skrill at ATM, or alternatively use either card to buy stuff.

Does anyone with a better understand of all this see any issues with this?

Many thanks

Betfair allows withdrawals and deposits from o2 money card and charges for neither, depends on what you're betting I guess but betfair covers the basics and being able to use o2 card on it is a big plus

Bateman wrote: »
    Betfair allows withdrawals and deposits from o2 money card and charges for neither, depends on what you're betting I guess but betfair covers the basics and being able to use o2 card on it is a big plus

Is there a charge for uploading funds to skrill via o2money?

I don't mind the charge with paysafe as of now as keeps accounts clean, but if better alternative, I'd take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Website has been down last few days for me, anyone else having problems?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

magherakid wrote: »
    Website has been down last few days for me, anyone else having problems?

When you try log in, does it say like overload? Happening to me..

When you try log in, does it say like overload? Happening to me..

HTTP 403 Forbidden

HTTP 403 Forbidden

Works fine for me? Check with your ISP

Same today again, is the site working ok for everyone else?

Same today again, is the site working ok for everyone else?

Yes, logged in there again to check and no problems, funds always transferring between accounts without errors too.

sorry for the gravedig guys but i tried depositing using my skrill account onto bet365 but it failed :(
    i didnt want to deposit as i would incur a 1.9% fee and so my balance was insufficient, so then as soon as i logged in after entering my skrill log in details to deposit to my bet365 account i was asked to enter my cvv details and having done so and proceeded it failed?

im sure if i deposited it would of worked but i dont want to lose money by paying 1.9% fee...
    can anyone help please?
    is it a matter of just contacting bet365 live chat or is it a type of system skrill implemented to stop guys from avoiding fees?

sorry for the gravedig guys but i tried depositing using my skrill account onto bet365 but it failed :(
    i didnt want to deposit as i would incur a 1.9% fee and so my balance was insufficient, so then as soon as i logged in after entering my skrill log in details to deposit to my bet365 account i was asked to enter my cvv details and having done so and proceeded it failed?

im sure if i deposited it would of worked but i dont want to lose money by paying 1.9% fee...
    can anyone help please?
    is it a matter of just contacting bet365 live chat or is it a type of system skrill implemented to stop guys from avoiding fees?

Bump i actually emailed skrill but still no reply lol

Advertisement