Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craft Beers & Home Brewing in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I'm drinking a bottle of Dungarvan's Helvick Gold right now, lovely.

Haven't tried Metalman yet - is it available bottled at all or just in some pubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Draft only for Metalman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I'm drinking Innis & Gunn Treacle Porter right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

I'm drinking metalman smokescreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Metalman is the nicest pint I've ever drank. Like a train. Onrail!

Would really like to see a few more pubs get it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

wasnt too fond of the smokescreen.. just reminded me too much of smoked fish.. without the fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Was out in the Vic in Tramore last night, nice to see metalman in pubs outside the city as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭LiamD1977

Any craft Ciders out there, like drinking a few occasionally. Most off licences you go into only stock the big brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

As far as I know there is a craft beer night in Oscars next week on Thursday, beer tasting with selected foods that they go well with. There is a poster up in Oscars about it, think its next Thursday, tickets 10 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

LiamD1977 wrote: »
    Any craft Ciders out there, like drinking a few occasionally. Most off licences you go into only stock the big brands.

Stonewell cider from cork would be my recommendation. They definitely have it in Ferrybank carry out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I managed to get my hands on some Metalman Pale Ale in Dublin at the weekend for the first time. I was quite impressed with it, I can see myself going back for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

After much waiting, tried Smokescreen, tasty but wouldnt take me away from the pale ale for more than one or 2. Well worth trying it out.More excellent work from the lads and ladies in Ireland's number one brewery (as found in a survey of 1 person, myself). Sod diageo

Max Powers wrote: »
    After much waiting, tried Smokescreen, tasty but wouldnt take me away from the pale ale for more than one or 2. Well worth trying it out.More excellent work from the lads and ladies in Ireland's number one brewery (as found in a survey of 1 person, myself). Sod diageo

I believe I was in that survey too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

LiamD1977 wrote: »

Got in Maddens Cider and Tempted Cider lately, both are very nice with a preference maybe for the Tempted cider personally

Anywhere selling White Gypsy in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

Grimes, Oscars or Revolution are probably your best bet.

I have no idea if they stock it though. If not, Tom from Philly's would certain recommend a good substitute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

looder wrote: »
    I think Ardkeen Stores are sellling it.

been looking for bottles of that for a while, its hard to come by. anyway, only place i have found it is world wide wines on dunmore road. they have the stout and the belgian dubbel. think a 750ml bottle in WWW was €8. 8.5% so its a sipper

+ havent heard of anyone selling it in pubs.

Thanks lads. Was in WWW over the weekend but must have missed it. Will try again during the week.

Thanks lads. Was in WWW over the weekend but must have missed it. Will try again during the week.

its over on the wall where most of the beers are. they were on bottom shelf at weekend anyway. Im sure if they are gone and you say it to chap behind counter (sound) he will hold one for you if he knows hes getting more in soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭00833827

Ardkeen stores def have white gypsy reduced to €7 a bottle right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Is there some kind of rule in Pubs that you have to get a branded glass of the beer you are drinking? Like Guinness in a Guinness glass metalman in a metalman glass?

I have five pints of Metalman in a pub on sunday and each glass was different. Two blank, two guinness and one heineken!

Is there some kind of rule in Pubs that you have to get a branded glass of the beer you are drinking? Like Guinness in a Guinness glass metalman in a metalman glass?

I have five pints of Metalman in a pub on sunday and each glass was different. Two blank, two guinness and one heineken!

There should be.

This is my glass of choice for Craft Beer
    BerlinBeer_F1729-300x300.jpg

wouldnt have thought there is any rule, there maybe an agreement between brewers and pubs, eg. we will give you 100 glasses for when you pour our stuff. By and large, the tulip pint glass (usually guinness rounded one) is the most common but pale ales like MM pale ale have generally being served in the american style shaker (straight/conical type). They should really serve MM in those shaker ones and a Duvel with a duvel glass etc, a decent pub will make an effort to do so (serve right beer in its dedicated glass) within reason.

Metalman give them glasses so its strange you didnt get any. What pub was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Craft beer glasses are more liable to be pilfered than ordinary branded glasses I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Metalman give them glasses so its strange you didnt get any. What pub was it?

In the Reg, at the craft bar! I asked the bar man if they had the metalman glasses and he said he didnt know! Maybe they dont have them yet.

In the Reg, at the craft bar! I asked the bar man if they had the metalman glasses and he said he didnt know! Maybe they dont have them yet.

Oh they have! Oh i wouldnt call it a craft bar :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Deisedayo

homolumo wrote: »
    World Wide Wines have a superb collection; even canned craft beer!

Think they have the largest sellection of craft beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭dzilla

Yeah that happened me in there. Got a craft lager in a guinness glass. Annoying cos the head lasted no time

Advertisement