Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of ugly **only quote images if absolutely necessary**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭f1000

That Ceepo could do with a set of these wheels to finish off the look

FFWD-Falcon-Project-two-spoke-aero-bike-wheel-concept01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Lumen wrote: »
    It's actually growing on me. A structural, aerodynamic mudguard is some kind of perverted genius.

You make me sick Lumen :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

It's actually growing on me. A structural, aerodynamic mudguard is some kind of perverted genius.
    without a matching one on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Beauty or beastliness is very much in the eye of the beholder. Some of the notorious uglies in this thread look alright to me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

How much does the Ceeco weigh?

"From the top or the bottom, the Shadow-R still seems to have a fairly wide profile, but that’s mostly limited to the center section around the hubs and drivetrain. Based on the 1,450g weight of the fork alone, it sounds like it must have a lot of aero benefit to justify that much weight. Combined with the 40T high modulus carbon frame that clocks in at 2,230g, you have a 3,680g frame weight – although that does include an integrated tool and bento box. The frame is built to accommodate flat mount disc brakes, most drive trains, and also many stems and bars on the market"

Hory sheet!! 3.7kg!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,906 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres a guy pushing one of these around Bray and I saw a couple of them in Dublin aswell, not this exact model, it looks more roadbike-ish. Every time I see him crawling along at barely above walking speed he looks to be in physical pain, what is the point of these?

N27pGyO.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it's a skateboard for people who think skateboards are uncool.

My eldest tried out her cousins scooter recently , think she gave it 3 or 4 pumps before throwing it down in disgust :D

Even a 4 year old knows they're crap .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Thud

:confused::confused::confused:

Specialized-Shiv-Disc-aero-TT-Tri-Triathlon-bike-2019-Kona-Ironman-2.jpg

"To allow that, the Shiv features a massive 1.5L/50oz storage tank that mounts behind the seat tube"
    "so the new Shiv is designed to perform exceptionally well in the crosswinds the Island is known for"

https://bikerumor.com/2018/10/08/specialized-s-works-shiv-disc-arrives-in-kona-w-faster-design-massive-storage/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

^^^^^

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

^^^^^

giphy.gif

I think they took inspiration from your car
    wacky-races-dick-dastardly-mean-machine-t-shirt-13812-p.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Thargor wrote: »
    Every time I see him crawling along at barely above walking speed he looks to be in physical pain, what is the point of these?

N27pGyO.png
    Possibly he has very severe haemorrhoids, which caused him to trade in his bike for this monstrosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Re the S-works TT bike above: the junction between the seat tube and seat stay seems to be very low. You'd imagine the frame is flexy as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭JMcL

outfox wrote: »
    Re the S-works TT bike above: the junction between the seat tube and seat stay seems to be very low. You'd imagine the frame is flexy as hell.

Darwinism applied to tri-athletes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Thargor wrote: »
    Theres a guy pushing one of these around Bray and I saw a couple of them in Dublin aswell, not this exact model, it looks more roadbike-ish. Every time I see him crawling along at barely above walking speed he looks to be in physical pain, what is the point of these?

N27pGyO.png

You'd want a genuine reason to push that heap of sh1t around.

I know a guy with a bike that looks like an elliptical/cross trainer. It's a weird looking thing. He can't cycle a normal bike because his hips are bolloxed.

It's something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/ElliptiGO-8C-Outdoor-Elliptical-Trainer/dp/B012PE6BZ6

two and a half grand? surely it'd be possible to make them for cheaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

I pass a girl on the grand canal the odd time on one of those, didn't know what the hell it was first time I seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,906 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Id love a go on one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭secman

two and a half grand? surely it'd be possible to make them for cheaper?

For two and a half grand you would get your hips sorted !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I know a guy with a bike that looks like an elliptical/cross trainer. It's a weird looking thing. He can't cycle a normal bike because his hips are bolloxed.

It's something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/ElliptiGO-8C-Outdoor-Elliptical-Trainer/dp/B012PE6BZ6

The Eliptigo is a serious machine. I met a group doing audax on these. 600km in the UK and the 1260km Paris-Brest-Paris in 2015...

• Advertisement

part of the Pinarello gravel bike, that's the best name they could come up with?:
    grevil_fork_flap_1540218362279_1shm74xhbzcii_670.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Saw that earlier and thought that it had weird looking proportions, looks long and short and wrong. Then I guess I don't race my bike and Michael Matthews does but a half hour for me on that I'd wager my back and neck might have something to say about the next time I go for a spin :D

EDIT: Seeing it again looks like you'd actually have to cut that seatpost to size

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

just for raam
    my new system six ultegra in the obligartory "i've just built it up in my kitchen' pose

470896.jpg

have to sort out my position on the front and drop the bars down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

lennymc wrote: »
    just for raam
    my new system six ultegra in the obligartory "i've just built it up in my kitchen' pose

have to sort out my position on the front and drop the bars down a bit.

I was considering getting the olive green version but I couldn’t justify the price. It looks so much better with the next spec up wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I was considering getting the olive green version but I couldn’t justify the price. It looks so much better with the next spec up wheels.

yeah, the other wheels look good. I have a set of 50 mm ordered for it as those wheels look gank and weedy.

lennymc wrote: »
    yeah, the other wheels look good. I have a set of 50 mm ordered for it as those wheels look gank and weedy.

It may be removed from this thread once you put on the new wheels :p

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Looks great Lenny - I didn't realise the top tube was as "sloping" as that. Do you think you could have gone a size up in the frame and fewer spacers and less seatpost?

I'm surprised at the weight as well. - Do Cannondale do a like the supersix and offer a regular and high mod frame version?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,047 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

It may be removed from this thread once you put on the new wheels :p.
    image.jpg

• Advertisement

It makes a huge difference.

Cannondale-SystemSix-Hi-Mod-Dura-Ace-Disc-Womens-Road-Bike-2019.jpg

Advertisement