Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 week Apt Holles St - Scan?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I would imagine that they don't/can't guarantee a scan at each appointment in case they can't facilitate it, but my experience as a public patient was that I had a mini scan at every antenatal appointment. It was only a very quick one, but I saw a different doctor at every appointment and every one of them did a scan. In addition, when I attended the fetal assessment unit (twice, once for reduced fetal movement, and once when I had a kidney infection) I had a scan to check all was well) as well as a 20 week anomaly scan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

liliq wrote: »
    As per their website- the only scan that is routinely carried out is the anamoly scan.

http://www.nmh.ie/maternity/fetal-ultrasound-fetal-medicine-unit.207.html

As I said, that may be their official line but people do and have had dating scans at Holles St, maybe they don't publish the fact so that if they don't have time for everybody there are no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CurranBun

So my appt is next Monday, I will pop back on afterwards to let you all know if i get the scan or not! Hoping I do.

Advertisement